• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] felutia Keep atl

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
buy out ill catch up with you when i get off work my icq is 310851531

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too cheap? 350mil for a fel swamp keep is a very high price IMO

yardman was the first one to post ... he should win it

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
claim is djad icqed buyout first and wanted me to bid over buyout so im out wont be bidding here again!!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
claim is djad icqed buyout first and wanted me to bid over buyout so im out wont be bidding here again!!
that sucks Yard, hate to see greedy unscrupulous people selling stuff.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You conducted yourself poorly. Don't set a buyout if you're not prepared to honor it.
Woah thats a bit harsh Orich. He did conduct himself properly and did honor the buyout + more.

As soon as I saw the thread I posted up my initial bid (right after your bid) and told him via ICQ that if the location was ok (not blocked etc) then I would pay the buyout. After checking out the plot I did just this.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Woah thats a bit harsh Orich. He did conduct himself properly and did honor the buyout + more.

As soon as I saw the thread I posted up my initial bid (right after your bid) and told him via ICQ that if the location was ok (not blocked etc) then I would pay the buyout. After checking out the plot I did just this.

If a buyout if offered on a forum, then IMHO the first to post the buyout takes it. It is a little slimy to negotiate via ICQ while others are posting the buyout.

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He didn't simply state "DJAd ICQ'd me first, he wins." He went back to both of you requiring a bid above the buyout, regardless of who posted first.

I think the ICQ / Post thing is a grey area to begin with, but you and Yardman are reputable and respected members of the community -- so thats a wash. But to require you both to bid over the buyout is handling it poorly IMO. I've put up low reserves in the past and ended up losing money to honor the prices.

If you post a buyout, and someone buys it out, its a done deal -- in my humble opinion :)

I reiterate, nothing against you. You are a valued, respected member of the community.. nothing but love for you.