• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard-THunger on Siege

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi all,

I decided to start a new account and char on official UO server. Although I've started a major topic on Thunting tips in the respectful forum I would like to kindly ask you to look at a build that I'm currently considering. PLease take into account that the account is totally new so no gold. EDIT: as of publish 82 all accounts now have 720 skillpoints so updated the build accordingly.

First build is thunter-bard:
Lockpicking - 100
Cartography - 100
Musicianship - 100
Peacemaking - 100
Provocation - 100
Magery - 110
Meditation - 110

Now, major questions to this build are should I switch provo for discord and rely heavily on EVs? Another issue is - without mining I will be doing a huge job to search for those chests, so maybe I should get meditation lower to get at least 46 mining (51 with gloves) and mine from 2 tiles away?

What skills should I raise to 120 real skill when I get the scrolls?

Dunno anything about the gear but I won't be able to buy some high end gear cause of no cash in hands, so I would really appreciate if you can advice on some basic gear

What skill should I get when I grab a soul stone and make lock/cartography into one slot?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Kirill

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't know. As I heard a Mystic is the easiest char for T-Hunting.

I think you'll find yourself using summons a lot. I'm not sure but I think with 100 provo/music you will not be successive in provoking big monsters and week monsters can be killed by EV/Elems.

I would prefer:
Lockpicking/Cartography
Mysticism
Focus
Discordance
Musicianship
Magery

(you start with those 7 skills + med, then drop med to get 7x GM, then make 6x 120 when you get a soulstone)

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't know. As I heard a Mystic is the easiest char for T-Hunting.

I think you'll find yourself using summons a lot. I'm not sure but I think with 100 provo/music you will not be successive in provoking big monsters and week monsters can be killed by EV/Elems.

I would prefer:
Lockpicking/Cartography
Mysticism
Focus
Discordance
Musicianship
Magery

(you start with those 7 skills + med, then drop med to get 7x GM, then make 6x 120 when you get a soulstone)
Thank you very much for the reply. I am wondering if I will have any problems with the initial spawn without peace?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It shouldn't be a problem because most of monsters attack RC. And in any case you can have Mass Sleep stored by Spell Trigger. I believe you can release it as fast as an area peace. (Test a macro: "use spell stone, wait for target, target yourself").

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;)
Outstanding suggestion, CorwinXX, regarding putting Mass Sleep on a Spell Trigger. I'd love to hear some feedback from someone who's tried using Mass Sleep on like level 6 mobs.... I've just started using Mysticism myself, and hadn't thought of using that combo for that situation (and a lot of other situations involving mobs), and wonder how effective it is against higher mobs... And how long it lasts, too.

As far as the 100 in Music/Provo is concerned, Corwin is absolutely correct. You will fail far too often on the higher chest guardians than you will be happy with. Personally, I ran a Mage/Bard on Pacific for 14 years and only recently realized how much better my life as a Bard is after dumping the Magery/Med and replacing it with Mysticism/Focus. I'm sure there must be threads here speaking to that, but if you can't find any and want specifics I'll be happy to share what I've found... You've certainly got your work cut out for you, with the 1 account. A 2nd would make your life - soooooooo much easier... Just sayin.

Oh, and welcome to Siege... I left Pacific for here this past early Summer, and am happy to be here... Happy enough to sell my old castle on Pacific. Ask for me in gen chat if you need anything, or want me to introduce you to a lot of great people...
:cool:

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
;)
Outstanding suggestion, CorwinXX, regarding putting Mass Sleep on a Spell Trigger. I'd love to hear some feedback from someone who's tried using Mass Sleep on like level 6 mobs.... I've just started using Mysticism myself, and hadn't thought of using that combo for that situation (and a lot of other situations involving mobs), and wonder how effective it is against higher mobs... And how long it lasts, too.

As far as the 100 in Music/Provo is concerned, Corwin is absolutely correct. You will fail far too often on the higher chest guardians than you will be happy with. Personally, I ran a Mage/Bard on Pacific for 14 years and only recently realized how much better my life as a Bard is after dumping the Magery/Med and replacing it with Mysticism/Focus. I'm sure there must be threads here speaking to that, but if you can't find any and want specifics I'll be happy to share what I've found... You've certainly got your work cut out for you, with the 1 account. A 2nd would make your life - soooooooo much easier... Just sayin.

Oh, and welcome to Siege... I left Pacific for here this past early Summer, and am happy to be here... Happy enough to sell my old castle on Pacific. Ask for me in gen chat if you need anything, or want me to introduce you to a lot of great people...
:cool:
Thanks a lot for the reply man. Gonna spam you in chat :D

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mass Sleep duration even on mini bosses in SA is enough to cast RC.
Outstanding news, CorwinXX - thx for adding that. Now, I just wish we could use Mass Sleep more than once every 4.6 MINUTES.... Oh well, your concept will certainly come in very handy.