• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] How to change Imbuing selections

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello!

If someone could either explain or point me to a thread that answers my question I would be very greatful!

I have been hearing from people in game that you can change things on shame drops via imbuing. I.E. if you have +15 macing on a ring you can change it to +15 magery. Is this true and how would I go about doing it? Also, can I do similar changes to armor?

thanks!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skills in the imbuing menu are grouped into 5 skill groups. Group 1 has Fencing, Mace, Swords, Musicianship, and Magery. You can replace any one of these skills in a specific group with another skill from the same group. So yes, Macing can be replaced with Magery, if there is adequate imbuing weight on the piece of jewelry. You can not put skills on armor.

Katrena

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can change one hit magic damge spell (arrow, fireball etc) for another, and you can do the same with the area ones. (one area for another)
You can change 1 skill for another of the same group (there is 5 groups). Skills are an option only for jewels.
All this with imbuing of course hehe :)

Last edited:

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the responses! What I am still confused about is how to make it change from one to the next, Like if I have a nice ring from shame that has a bad mod...for sake of discussion we will use the +15 macing again and I want to switch it to +15 magery. How would one go about making this change? Is there an option in the imbuing menu? I have been playing around for hours trying to figure it out on TC and I have had ZERO luck :wall:

Lady Cupcake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you have to do is imbue it as you normally would, with the +15 Magery, and as long as the skill is from the same skill group it will overwrite the Macing.

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That is what I try to do. I have done it 2 ways, both with no success. First I copied over a ring that I want to change the skill to another, it only has 3 properties on it. When I choose the skill in the same group I would like to change it to, it just adds the skill to the ring. So then I am stuck with +15 on the skill I didn't want and +15 of the skill I wanted...

The second way I tried to do it is imbuing two mods I wanted on there to make it at the cap of 5 mods total, then imbuing the skill I want from the same skill group already on there hoping that it will switch it over. I get a message stating the item cannot be imbued with any more mods...

to further help you understand here is the ring I have, and what I want to do to it.

Macing +15
SDI 15
FCR 3

I would like to add 5DCI and 15 LRC on there and change macing to magery. If my math is correct the weight will be 498.

Again, thank you for your help!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your SDI is actually 15, then it is higher than can be imbued, and it's using up additional weight. Based on what you show, the weight would be 385 with the SDI 15, FC3, and Macing 15, so you can not imbue the other two items you want.

Katrena

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
That is what I try to do. I have done it 2 ways, both with no success. First I copied over a ring that I want to change the skill to another, it only has 3 properties on it. When I choose the skill in the same group I would like to change it to, it just adds the skill to the ring. So then I am stuck with +15 on the skill I didn't want and +15 of the skill I wanted...

The second way I tried to do it is imbuing two mods I wanted on there to make it at the cap of 5 mods total, then imbuing the skill I want from the same skill group already on there hoping that it will switch it over. I get a message stating the item cannot be imbued with any more mods...

to further help you understand here is the ring I have, and what I want to do to it.

Macing +15
SDI 15
FCR 3

I would like to add 5DCI and 15 LRC on there and change macing to magery. If my math is correct the weight will be 498.

Again, thank you for your help!
Heh? I just don't believe. You take a ring with macing+sdi+fcr, imbue mage and get a ring with mage+macing+sdi+fcr?
Post us a screenshot of a ring that has both mage and mace.