• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mobile drop down not working

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

I posted this in Pincos UI forum, 12 views, but no ideas yet, so I'm posting here since its affecting my bard.

Good Morning folks,

Not sure what's happening, but my mobiles list is not showing up for my Bard.....but only for the Bard. Shows up fine for the rest of the toons. I've compared settings, for the most part they are all the same, or at least very close, some minor differences toon to toon. Nothing that should alter the Mobiles.....any ideas what I may be doing incorrectly?

Thanks folks,

Mac

So that's what I posted. If I cant get the Mobiles working, what is the best way to target for Provo that is out there? I us the EC and Pinco's UI.

Thanks folks,
Mac

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

I posted this in Pincos UI forum, 12 views, but no ideas yet, so I'm posting here since its affecting my bard.

Good Morning folks,

Not sure what's happening, but my mobiles list is not showing up for my Bard.....but only for the Bard. Shows up fine for the rest of the toons. I've compared settings, for the most part they are all the same, or at least very close, some minor differences toon to toon. Nothing that should alter the Mobiles.....any ideas what I may be doing incorrectly?

Thanks folks,

Mac

So that's what I posted. If I cant get the Mobiles working, what is the best way to target for Provo that is out there? I us the EC and Pinco's UI.

Thanks folks,
Mac
Should be something in the character settings file. Could be that the mobiles list was minimized, or hidden, or moved beyond the screen boundary somehow.

Without a lengthy process to check through the settings,the easiest way is
1) note the name of the character that it isn't working for (for an example, we'll call this "Mickey"), and note another character that has it working (we'll call this "Donald")
2) simply go to the "user data" folder, find your shard and character, delete the file with the name of the non-working character (ie "Mickey" in my example)
3) make a copy of the "Donald", and rename this copy to "Mickey"

Restart EC, Mickey should now have his mobiles, macros, hotbar layout etc exactly like Donald.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
User data is normally located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your windows login\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Your UO account\Your shard\

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Harlequin for the info, but I found what caused it earlier this morning.

Seems that you have to have the backpack setup to look like the legacy pack. All toons except Parrot (the bard) had the Legacy Pack enabled, Parrot did not have the legacy pack grapic checked. Once checked, everything worked as needed.

Appreciate your help my friend.

Mac

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No worries, glad you got it sorted out :D

The mobiles bar shouldn't require you to enable the legacy container option though.
I'm not using legacy containers and the mobile bars are all showing for me.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, it doesn't make a lot of sense, that's the reason I missed it in the first place (yeah, yeahhh, that's the ticket)(that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Went out today and did a couple of lvl 1 maps as a warm up, then a couple of lvl 2s, and at last a few lvl 3s. Gotta find me a few higher lvls to see how it goes. So far no deaths, plenty of loot, and a lot of fun. Gotta unpack some more and find my bags of sending. Had to make 2 trips on 2 maps, all the gold and stuff I collected don't cha know. LOL.

It's a lot easier finding where to dig using the alpha map on top of the t-map. Haven't been more than 2 steps off target, and usually not that far off! Anyone on Baja, I found some Fel maps, wonder if anyone is bothered while doing them?