• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Just a thought

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First just wanted to thank Nails for consistently running the silent auction at the rare fests. He has established a level of trust from all of us that take years to build.

Now, with thousands of items out there and the are spread amongst many owners, wouldn't it be fair to limit the number of item submissions per player? If one person submitted to Nails before anyone else could potentially have nearly the entire auction filled with his/her own items. Somehow, that just doesn't seem right, i.e. if that's the case then that person should submit all the items to Nails for his weekly auctions back on Atlantic. Thoughts?

Perhaps one way to do it is to have a list of those who will be submitting items for auction just like vendors so that Nails can get a total count and calculate against the total # of spaces available then limit the submission # per player accordingly?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
First just wanted to thank Nails for consistently running the silent auction at the rare fests. He has established a level of trust from all of us that take years to build.

Now, with thousands of items out there and the are spread amongst many owners, wouldn't it be fair to limit the number of item submissions per player? If one person submitted to Nails before anyone else could potentially have nearly the entire auction filled with his/her own items. Somehow, that just doesn't seem right, i.e. if that's the case then that person should submit all the items to Nails for his weekly auctions back on Atlantic. Thoughts?

Perhaps one way to do it is to have a list of those who will be submitting items for auction just like vendors so that Nails can get a total count and calculate against the total # of spaces available then limit the submission # per player accordingly?
Agreed there should be a limit, such as 3 items per person. Too many items is causing us to have to spread our gold around too much! Besides the fact that a lot of people are "selling for someone else" a lot. You not only should be only allowed to submit 3 items but you should be the owner of the items submitted.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well these are all very good points. However, if it is on a first come first serve basis, say the limit is 5 items per person right? Then at rares fest if there are any spaces left in the houses, additional items may be submitted. These are just my thoughts... after the recent Pac fest I believe he said he had enough room for approx. 190 items and was having to turn people away. but there was room in the houses just not the ones people wanted, ie ones with no mins and buyouts. What are your thoughts on this?

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since I am limiting the silent auction to one house this festival, albeit one with more lots that I traditionally use, Manticore makes a valid point on limited space. However the way I have always managed the situation is by doing a first come first serve basis which will be on or near February 1st. As long as players submit items within the first 3 - 5 days (Saturday thru Wednesday) giving a few days for players to bid before the auction on Saturday, I haven't had any major issues with this problem. I always held extra items from players back so I don't have to turn away a player, always allowing at least one submission. Yet I will admit at the Pacific Rares Festival there were players who gave me 10 - 30 lots on the premise they were representing other players, and I assure you, I did not enter all their items. I will be posting the rules next week, and give more details. As always I want to make sure everyone who wants to participate will be able to. Not sure a sign up thread is necessary because sadly rare collectors can't be controlled and directed very easily. We all tend to do as we will independently of others, because in the end this is just a game, no one wants to work in a game.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2cents...

Keep in mind a silent auction is a lot of work for one person to do.