• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Locking down multi-tile addons

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question.

After I break a multi-tile add-on do I have to lock down the remaining parts if I never go into customization mode? For example, I'm working on my castle and breaking up some of the large forges - will the remaining pieces decay if I don't lock them down?

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question.

After I break a multi-tile add-on do I have to lock down the remaining parts if I never go into customization mode? For example, I'm working on my castle and breaking up some of the large forges - will the remaining pieces decay if I don't lock them down?
I broke up large forges in my castle, and never had to lock the pieces down, but that was years ago. If your really not sure, and your doing a big project with them break one and see if the pieces are still there the next day.
So you know the large forge is animated in the EC client so the forge is on fire.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you know the large forge is animated in the EC client so the forge is on fire.
Thanks for the warning - I don't often play in the EC client - oh well, back to the drawing board.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still working on a way to make realistic walls to build an additional floor on my castle. I tried stacking dyed display cases but would need a lot of them and not happy with the smooth "marble" look on the sides. Dyed large forges look great, even the embers on top aren't a problem but noticed that in the EC there is a periodic burst glow effect of flame that actually spills out the sides of the forge - looks horrible - unless I want it too look like the place is on fire. Also tried dyed water troughs - again I would need to make a lot of them, and the "wooden" side texture isn't going to fit with the look. I might just go ahead with the forges as planned and just not use the EC (my New Years resolution was to give the EC with Pinco a try but there are some things I really don't like about it).

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Could try stacking the "display" stone - the square stone that you get for winning the puzzle in Abyss

Or heartwood chests look nice too.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried the display stones and they will be incorporated into the design but to use them as wall would require about 500 of them and the little plaques on the front of the pedestals start to look a little odd when you use a lot of them. I did consider various containers stacked but haven't been happy with the look so far. Maybe I'll try a sizeable mock-up and see how they go. Either that or stay with the forges and just forget about how it looks on the EC - really not happy with some of the display issues.

Thanks though and keep the ideas coming.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
EC bothers me for decorating because it changes how it looks.

I would also suggest trying different things on Test Center, that way you dont waste resources but can definitely get a taste for a wall