• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 Story with no ceilings

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crazy question, I know.... bear with me a sec. I've been on test just now and confirmed that I can make a 3 level home with no floors ('cept the ground, duh) - in order to create the feeling of a high castle with stained glass windows on the West wall of an 18x18. The one I made on test had different types of walls for the 3 floors, and you can stand on the ground floor and look up at all 3 sets of walls.

I can't remember ever seeing anyone do this, but - if you have - I'd really love to see a pic or tell me where one is... I'm sure I can't be the only person to want to consider this, so there must be some examples I could take a look at for "inspiration".... If I don't have a char on your shard, I'll make one - np.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

Crazy question, I know.... bear with me a sec. I've been on test just now and confirmed that I can make a 3 level home with no floors ('cept the ground, duh) - in order to create the feeling of a high castle with stained glass windows on the West wall of an 18x18. The one I made on test had different types of walls for the 3 floors, and you can stand on the ground floor and look up at all 3 sets of walls.

I can't remember ever seeing anyone do this, but - if you have - I'd really love to see a pic or tell me where one is... I'm sure I can't be the only person to want to consider this, so there must be some examples I could take a look at for "inspiration".... If I don't have a char on your shard, I'll make one - np.
screenshot_072.jpg screenshot_073.jpg screenshot_074.jpg I did this one a while back. The home has 1/2 floors on the south-side then the open multi-story library along the north side.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, amazing! That is so kewl... What shard, Tazar? Is it public?

T

Tazar

Wow, amazing! That is so kewl... What shard, Tazar? Is it public?
This is one in my City on Atlantic. The house is technically "Public", but since I declared Independence from King Blackthorn recently, I have closed off several access points to the city so you'd need a guide to get to it. If you would like to see it, you can PM me here and we'll meet up over the weekend, or ICQ me at 286-771-023, or you can often find me in General Chat on Siege.