• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Journey Begins

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glancing up at the setting sun while securing the last of the leather tie straps on the sturdy built and fully loaded yew framed wagons, Arcanis, momentarily lost in thought, reflects on the events that have come to pass in the last couple of months.

His mind dwells on how the city of Yew, in its natural state, is a serene and sparsely inhabited thicket of trees and wryly underbrush. You could spend days wandering its countryside without seeing a soul, but yet the presence of its population is made apparent from time to time by the simple comforts that caress the other senses that many take for granted.

The smell of burning embers in a fireplace, the taste of the wild berries that are gathered and sold in jams, or the reverberating thud of a lumberjacker, rhythmically hacking away at his quarry.
You pause....for a moment truly taking in this sound...the
deep and violent strikes seem to echo from all around the area, a reminder of its people carving out an existence anyway they can.

Winter has arrived in this high country. A cold blast of air startles the impatient oxen, one of which voices its frustration snapping Arcanis out of his slumber..

"Easy boy..we're almost ready"...*pats its hind quarter*

One final look around camp, Arcanis removes the last political poster off of the tree near the road and climbs aboard the sturdy craft.
Using an extra moment to get situated, he inhales a deep breath of fresh air. Arcanis loudly cracks
the leather whip starting the small caravan on it way south to warmer weather ,better opportunities and
greener pastures.

The loud, sharp, crisp, thundering, snap of the rawhide was without a doubt heard for
miles. Arcanis smirked as he thought about that and his humor escalated into a full low bellied chuckle as he noticed that the lumberjackers rhythm was momentarily broken..someone had heard him...
...he could sense it.

A couple days passed during the journey south, pretty much bereft of anything out of the normality of
a large scale move such as this undertaking.

However, there was one note worth mentioning, during the first nights camp just outside Skara Brae.
one of the oxen wrestled itself free from its bindings and was found the next morning gorging itself on the crops close to where that Governors self built office stands. A note was left in the wake...

It reads..

My Lord...,

Twas my ox, was in your locks.
I do despair, he did not care,
That he gorged and rut and wrangled there!

He ate and chewed and slothed around.
and left you presents that were brown.

A fair trade!,... to any beast!
But i feel bad to say the least.

This day is early, so i dawned my spurs,
and continued on my way,
And if and when you ever read this,
im sure you'll have much to say.

Until then i bid you adieu
not hard to find..
just follow the poo...

Not much else that i can do.

P.S. send the bill to Yew.

-Arcanis-

Upon arriving at the destination on the third day, Arcanis senses were awakened once again, but this
time it was like nothing he ever experienced before...well not on such a large scale anyway.
Upon entering the city the sensory overload was profound to say the least!
There was so much to take in, and it didnt help that the wooden wheels were defiantly clamorous against the cobble stone streets, violently shaking the wagon and its contents.
Pots and pans were slamming against one another as if to think that the town guardians
were warning the citizens against an imminent attack!

The crowds and vendors that lined the streets had everything to sell that you could imagine, and it was hard to distinguish and consume all the different sights, sounds and smells at once.

But it was a magnificent walled city, it would take some adjusting but surely he would be able
to call it home.

Arcanis immediately sent a dispatch to his governor that the envoy had arrived, and that
temporary quarters had been secured for his entire staff.

Until his arrival, the only thing Arcanis had to do was to secure, stow, and organize the gear.
A stroll around the city would do him good too.

Arcanis again took a deep breath......

*coughs*

He had arrived at Trinsic

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yew does seem empty alot. When i wander through it a few times a day, I see maybe a few lumberjacks or a few people in the Abbey around prime time. The community in Yew, where the voices are heard, was 15 years of building and talking to people. Little by little every week, month, or year. It was moslty on working with the town council, which mayors or other people was supposed to do, but back in the day, I sort of did anything I seen that needed to be done and it was alot of fun. Yew is no where near the numbers as it used to be with LOA, STC, Clan Moor, UN, WYU. But with the opening of trammel started new groups or vendor places which slowly we have gotten to know eachother and support eachother over the years. There is still groups and new player towns I tried to say hello to in the past two years but they don't seem to be very active. I miss the old active days when you visit a player town and always see people active and doing things, but Yew is still home and still alot of things to do in it. There is a list of things that we are still working on, and Yew Times will be having a few off and on issues down the road aswell.

Please read about the house deceration contest by Andrasta. http://stratics.com/community/threads/the-sosarian-world-christmas-decor-long-program.308202/

Also, the Letter to Santa from Dr. Hawk. http://stratics.com/community/threads/letter-to-santa-contest.308359/

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I remember,Sunwolf. With a little help and patience, I think we can bring that sense of community back. Not duplicate but bring activity with in the towns.
I know that is something we in Vesper have been attempting and it is slowly but surely growing. I have a good feeling about the third term and am enjoying
reading all the stories. It's inspirational!!!!