NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 85 to be Publish to All Shards Tomorrow

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Game
2013 Nov 20 22:57 GMT
During normal maintenance schedules all shards will receive Publish 85 tomorrow. We hope you enjoy the holiday gifts and have a safe holiday.

UO Team!

Continue reading...

Reactions: old gypsy and Bazer

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 13, 2010
Britain
gl.uorpc.net
Were the vet table golems made less worthless? As in worthy of 3 control slots?

I know that "Corrected issue where occasionally the SA client sees other player’s avatars as naked and/or dismounted even though they are in fact mounted and clothed." Was NOT actually fixed.

It went to TC last Thurs, Origin/Izumo less than two days ago and is now to be deployed tomorrow? What's the rush?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
All I can say is, Happy Happy Joy Joy! :danceb:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2003
my house
I see why,they're busy with raresfest on Pacific.:p

Reactions: Arrgh

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
Is this the last publish of the year?

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Pennsylvania
Game
2013 Nov 20 22:57 GMT
During normal maintenance schedules all shards will receive Publish 85 tomorrow. We hope you enjoy the holiday gifts and have a safe holiday.

UO Team!

Continue reading...
Are you guys SERIOUS ! Not much testing done and worthless Advanced Golems. Probably many other bugs and things a majority of the players dislike.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
When is anything ever released with adequate testing? Never.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2004
under your bed
bloody shame that the Golems couldnt have been fixed prior to the release of the table.

all that work into making the new table and golems only to get nullified by a cruddy old golem system.

well at least it will make a nice house deco!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2008
why are there so many testing nazis - I just want the new publish - I can live with someone looking naked for a few weeks until they fix it - I would rather spend those weeks gathering mythic items and turning them in instead of waiting for some stupid little bug to be fixed - if it were up to you people, we'd never get a release ... EVER (I bet you actually 'like' traffic lights too and would put more in if you had the choice - I hate people who get ahead in life by always saying NO - there seems to be more and more of them each day)

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
why are there so many testing nazis - I just want the new publish - I can live with someone looking naked for a few weeks until they fix it - I would rather spend those weeks gathering mythic items and turning them in instead of waiting for some stupid little bug to be fixed - if it were up to you people, we'd never get a release ... EVER (I bet you actually 'like' traffic lights too and would put more in if you had the choice - I hate people who get ahead in life by always saying NO - there seems to be more and more of them each day)
Normally I would agree. Heck I like looking at naked members of the opposite sex as much as anyone, but judging by past performances this will be the smallest bug. We are due for 1 major F up here soon, simply because there was a rush to push out new content.

It has already been 3-4 months since the great mythic token bug so we are due

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 25, 2010

It's not the naked bug. It's the additions that should have been tested. Two days on two low-population production shards is not enough time when we don't know what might go wrong.

I used to deal with a vendor that, regardless of the update to their software, it was critical that I personally test every last function to ensure they didn't break something they thought was unrelated -- no insult to the Devs intended. We had a bit more time for the invasion scenario to be fleshed out, e.g. bard AI.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
I'm a bit disappointed that it's today instead of Friday...It just means I have a few more hours of the invasion before they end up in that dungeon. =[

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
[quote="Eros, post: 2331591, member: 450" Probably many other bugs and things a majority of the players dislike.[/Quote]

SERIOUSLY? WHO is this majority you are speaking of? Any survey-data? Not even this forum represents the majority. I bet the majority does not even care about publishes and bugs and silly golems. They do their raids, tend their plants and build their homes.

Don´t argue with the majority - your own point of view is enough. Your majority-perceptions are typically biased by your own perceptions. Handbook of Social Psychology, Chapter 1.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
So in the circle area that looks like the towns, is only one active at a time?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
Ok im on Atlantic and we just did the first stage of destroying the lighthouse. Now the spawn seems to have got even stronger. I counted 6 captains at one time. Does it get harder with each stage of the lighthouse getting destroyed?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I am guessing that the rush to get this publish out so quickly may have something to do with the dev team trying to take off all of next week (the last two days of next week are commonly granted by most large US corporations as holiday time because of Thanksgiving) and also make sure the publish is active by December 1st. I just hope that EA is very much on top of things with backing up shards before they all take a break. It was this same "holiday publish" last year that caused problems and led to the massive 12-day revert on Atlantic because the backup was corrupted/non-existent. http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-atlantic-rollback.289999/

Good luck, everyone! I would seriously consider not doing anything really drastic with your stuff anywhere for a few weeks just to make sure you don't end up dealing with a big headache later.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Ok im on Atlantic and we just did the first stage of destroying the lighthouse. Now the spawn seems to have got even stronger. I counted 6 captains at one time. Does it get harder with each stage of the lighthouse getting destroyed?
YES

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
Its a good thing they made the spawn stronger so when the masses stop hunting there it becomes another worthless place... kind of like despise.

Reactions: The Zog historian

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
And just to follow up on my previous post, the big reason I'm concerned about the accelerated publish is the lighthouse deeds. They are supposed to retrieve your decayed ship and put it in your moving crate, along with house add-ons and weapons (cannons) that were placed on the ship. I just have doubts that anyone had a decaying ship on TC1, Origin, or Izumo while this publish was still considered to be "in testing" and was able to confirm that the ship, add-on and cannon deeds safely arrived in the moving crate when the ship poofed from its spot on the ocean. I also worry that if your house is completely full and you've placed and linked a lighthouse, that the process of plunking those ship-related deeds into your house storage doesn't randomly cause something else in your house to be deleted to make sure you don't go over the max storage for your house.

If I were considering placing a lighthouse, I would give serious thought to putting up a house on TC1, placing and linking a lighthouse deed to an account with a placed ship equipped with add-ons of all sorts, and then completing maxing out the storage on the house. Then let the ship decay over whatever time frame that requires these days (I've heard that the decay schedule seems to be in flux lately?) and then find out if the decay/lighthouse retrieval process worked and nothing else in the house was affected.

Edited to add: I would also consider testing to see if anything is lost or borked if you customize a house that has a decayed and retrieved ship and ship-related deeds still sitting in the moving crate, especially if the lighthouse that retrieved them was placed by a house co-owner.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
I personally have only one interest in the publish. .. The dungeon and a way to keep collecting and redeeming for blackthorn artifacts.

Reactions: DJAd

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
*Sets down the glass of good old Moonglow Red & preps his pack for a Visit to Blackthorns Castle*

Always an interesting trip to the lower reaches of a Castle.

mmmmm ....got me thinking too....wonders what the server birth of the dungeon will be....still probably aint worth wasting time as that information will be already known by a few....aka the 'holes' form last time.....mmmmmm....etc etc etc

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
mmmmm ....got me thinking too....wonders what the server birth of the dungeon will be....still probably aint worth wasting time as that information will be already known by a few....aka the 'holes' form last time.....mmmmmm....etc etc etc
There may not BE a server birth. This is a publish, not an expansion. I found nothing that highlighted when I toured the dungeon on test

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Quick question: approximately how many stories tall is the new lighthouse?

I'm not sure, but I did find out on test that you can't place it somewhere in your house where there will be floor tiles or other obstructions above it. Also, someone (Schatzi?) mentioned that she put a ladder next to a lighthouse and was able to go into the lighthouse, but she did not post a screen shot to show what the interior looked like.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
...someone (Schatzi?) mentioned that she put a ladder next to a lighthouse and was able to go into the lighthouse, but she did not post a screen shot to show what the interior looked like.
You can go into the lighthouse from the ladder -- just climb up and step forward -- cool hideout, though you can't see your character or the inside of the lighthouse while you're in there. :)

lighthouseladder.jpg

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 8, 2008
N.E Britannia, Atlantic
what happens to the points I had on the turn in guy? If I loose them I am going to break somthing.

Edit: found the Agent at the entrace...sheww

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
Seems to me they took the spawn from the city and just dumped it into an area 1/16th or less of the size without making any alteration to the amount that spawns each wave.

First time on Oceania I arrived to find 3 spawns in the moonglow orb of the dungeon. A necro, rogue and bard. So Ok i kill the spawn, kill the necro, kill the rogue. A fencer spawns so kill that and it's spawn. New round of stuff spawns and another 6 or so spawn at once, I manage to kill off an assassin by being lucky in it spawning up in a corner of the town away from the other stuff. Then more stuff spawns, I have to run out as too much in the area I was in.

I managed one more by getting it down to the entrance which at this time was still fairly isolated from the rest of spawn and kill another rogue. After that the town was a bust. Even tho the beacon became attackable after the 4th one I killed you couldn't actually get to it due to the HUGE amount of spawning captains.

* You can't drag them out into the tunnel as they instantly rebound inside
* you can't bagball them as you could in towns as the balls instantly go poof
* if you are using a pet, the pet summons ball will NOT work to get your pet back if it runs into the middle of the mobs, useless.
* there is NO flipping healer anywhere so too bad if you die and there is no one there to rez you

well after I killed the above, I killed a little more spawn, however within 10 flipping steps of the entrance there were the following captains: necro, macer, rogue, mystic, swordsman, archer, 2 x bards and an assassin. That is what I had on my screen, and darned if I know what was further in. I tried luring one away from the entrance further into the dungeon, invising and then trying to stealth back to the entrance and the spawn further in was wall to wall mobs with captains in the middle. There was absolutely NOwhere to lure stuff to to kill it one on one. Each time I managed to get one captain to the edge of the entrance where it wouldn't rebound, another 2-3 would end up wandering down and basically force me to retreat.

Even in the highest stage of the invasion in the towns on my shard you were lucky to get more than 8 people at time killing stuff, and this was spread over a whole town. You had the ability to kite stuff away while you dealt with another mob. You had 2-3 groups able to kill the mobs without dragging other stuff onto you accidentally etc. As I said, it seems like they took the whole town spawn and just dumped it into a tiny space and expect people to be able to manage it. Maybe on other shards with more pop you can manage trying to kill 9 captains in the space equivalent to the size of luna bank, but not on our shard unless we had probably 40 people in groups of 4-5 each killing a mob using dragons as tanks.

The most painful bit of it all tho is not being able to recall INTO the flipping dungeon by the hitching post so you don't have to keep running on foot in and out of the castle whenever you need more aids or arrows etc. There is absolutely NO reason they can't let you mark a rune in the hitching post area to save all this pointless running in and out.

I love fighting this stuff but I have no idea why this isn't scaled back to the size of the space. It is the equivalent of having 15 peerless bosses in an area smaller than the castle itself.

Surely someone can fix the above ?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 29, 2008
Fel
Seems to me they took the spawn from the city and just dumped it into an area 1/16th or less of the size without making any alteration to the amount that spawns each wave.

First time on Oceania I arrived to find 3 spawns in the moonglow orb of the dungeon. A necro, rogue and bard. So Ok i kill the spawn, kill the necro, kill the rogue. A fencer spawns so kill that and it's spawn. New round of stuff spawns and another 6 or so spawn at once, I manage to kill off an assassin by being lucky in it spawning up in a corner of the town away from the other stuff. Then more stuff spawns, I have to run out as too much in the area I was in.

I managed one more by getting it down to the entrance which at this time was still fairly isolated from the rest of spawn and kill another rogue. After that the town was a bust. Even tho the beacon became attackable after the 4th one I killed you couldn't actually get to it due to the HUGE amount of spawning captains.

* if you are using a pet, the pet summons ball will NOT work to get your pet back if it runs into the middle of the mobs, useless.
* there is NO flipping healer anywhere so too bad if you die and there is no one there to rez you

well after I killed the above, I killed a little more spawn, however within 10 flipping steps of the entrance there were the following captains: necro, macer, rogue, mystic, swordsman, archer, 2 x bards and an assassin. That is what I had on my screen, and darned if I know what was further in. I tried luring one away from the entrance further into the dungeon, invising and then trying to stealth back to the entrance and the spawn further in was wall to wall mobs with captains in the middle. There was absolutely NOwhere to lure stuff to to kill it one on one. Each time I managed to get one captain to the edge of the entrance where it wouldn't rebound, another 2-3 would end up wandering down and basically force me to retreat.

Even in the highest stage of the invasion in the towns on my shard you were lucky to get more than 8 people at time killing stuff, and this was spread over a whole town. You had the ability to kite stuff away while you dealt with another mob. You had 2-3 groups able to kill the mobs without dragging other stuff onto you accidentally etc. As I said, it seems like they took the whole town spawn and just dumped it into a tiny space and expect people to be able to manage it. Maybe on other shards with more pop you can manage trying to kill 9 captains in the space equivalent to the size of luna bank, but not on our shard unless we had probably 40 people in groups of 4-5 each killing a mob using dragons as tanks.

The most painful bit of it all tho is not being able to recall INTO the flipping dungeon by the hitching post so you don't have to keep running on foot in and out of the castle whenever you need more aids or arrows etc. There is absolutely NO reason they can't let you mark a rune in the hitching post area to save all this pointless running in and out.

I love fighting this stuff but I have no idea why this isn't scaled back to the size of the space. It is the equivalent of having 15 peerless bosses in an area smaller than the castle itself.

Nobody seems to give a **** unfortunately.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 27, 2005

I was looking forward to this new dungeon. After 4 or 5 hrs of it, I am saddened. I don't think the devs are playing the same game that I am. How does anyone think this is fun? Lets cram as many greater dragons, way way overpowered mobs into a small a space as possible, make it a pain in the rear to get in and out, and make it impossible to get a rez if everyone is busy dying themselves or too busy fighting to care. Yeah, good times. IMO this has turned out a huge mistake for all the reasons you listed above and several more.

After I suffer through and get my last 25 pts, I probably won't be back often if at all. The invasion area should have been one large underground "city" with a new layout instead of this cluster of small areas. At least then we would get something fresh instead of rehashed parts of existing content. Too many mobs in too small a space and they are too powerful for the area. The full city version was acceptable. You had room to maneuver & use some tactics. You could bank, get a rez, etc. We should be allowed to at least recall in to the stair area. And how about a rez ankh or healer somewhere safe (Doom comes to mind)?

I am trying not to just rant, but to have a point. And after 15 yrs of seeing this game go in this direction - especially since Mondain's Legacy - it's getting harder to be constructive.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
lets be honest...it was only tested for a few days by a few people.....deffo no feedback given....they threw it together in the lunch break and published it....devs read above.. things aint good...things could be a lot better....'ask and u will be told'

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Just think, some people though this was a cool area for new players to hang out...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I haven't been to the captains yet. I spent a little time in the Southern corridor. Died, because everything had been pulled to the doorway there, but I ran out to the healer in Brit and then settled down to clearing out the spawn. Finally ended up in the back room peacefully killing brigands and rotting corpses.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
Honestly, it would be a bit unfair, if the new dungeon would be easier than the invasions and the items, we all have acquired by hard work over 2 months, loose their value, because every noob can get to 100 points easily. If you wanna get this awesome "Garb-Alternative" without [Replica]-tag worth a 100 millions and more, you SHOULD have hard work to do. I worked every night for my 275 points - before the invasion ended. Now everybody can get an own event-item without facing a time-limit. Tell me, why should this dungeon be easier than the invasion? It is absolutely CONSEQUENTLY that this place is a tough one and you have to cooperate with others. That you have to suffer and to die. THAT IS WHAT MAKES A HERO! THERE IS NO TRUE REWARD WITHOUT TEARS!!!

Reactions: Winker

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
Instead of the tunnels and mini copy of cities they should have made one 1:1 copy of brit so we actually have room to kill things.............

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 14, 2008
Nth NSW Australia
stratics.com
Honestly, it would be a bit unfair, if the new dungeon would be easier than the invasions and the items, we all have acquired by hard work over 2 months, loose their value, because every noob can get to 100 points easily. If you wanna get this awesome "Garb-Alternative" without [Replica]-tag worth a 100 millions and more, you SHOULD have hard work to do. I worked every night for my 275 points - before the invasion ended. Now everybody can get an own event-item without facing a time-limit. Tell me, why should this dungeon be easier than the invasion? It is absolutely CONSEQUENTLY that this place is a tough one and you have to cooperate with others. That you have to suffer and to die. THAT IS WHAT MAKES A HERO! THERE IS NO TRUE REWARD WITHOUT TEARS!!!
This area is not easier than the invasion, it is 10 times harder especially on the small shards. Given it was already extremely hard this is just into the realms of totally moronic. I have 164 minax artis from the town invasions and didn't do it every day. I am no newb, and don't want things 'easy'. I am pretty capable and have been playing for years. I am all for having a challenge, no one is asking to make it easier, just to make it reasonable. I do not consider 9 captains in an area the size of luna bank reasonable when there is no way to lure them off or hold them as we could in towns. And 9 was just the number I could see ten steps into the area, there were probably another 20 if I continued inside. As I said, it seems they took the whole city spawn and dumped it into a postage stamp sized area. I went back about 7 hrs HOURS later and the macer, swords, necro, mystic, rogue, archer, bards and all the crap I left there earlier was still there, same names etc, noone had been able to get in and do anything, no doubt if I go back now they will still be there.

There needs to be some kind of filter for the small shards, say 2-3 spawn first wave, when 2 are killed maybe 3 more spawn, but in the size of that area it shouldn't have any more than 4-6 captains at ANY given time. 20+ captains in that size area is totally over the top.

The lack of recall, and the lack of anywhere to get rezzed without leaving the whole place and running down to the healers in Britain is also totally unacceptable.

Yes I can spend time killing skeletons and brigands and the other crap spawn in there if I want to die of total boredom, and no idea how many millions of those you need to kill before you get a drop, I cleared all the 'other' areas fully twice over and got zip, but it is disappointing that the choice is killing newbie spawn in the outer dungeons or being totally annihilated by mobs and mobs and mobs of captains squished into a tiny area in the other.

Oh and even being able to recall OUT of the damn place would be nice. Once you have died 30 times, have a huge case of the &*^(^(^'s all you wanna do is GO.... but no............ you have to run all the way up the corridors, out the steps, out of the castle down and over the bridge just to go flipping home. It gets OLD really quick and this is day ONE.

Last edited: