• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtue Tile on L-shaped stairs?

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Could someone please tell me how to place a virtue tile on L-shaped stairs. I have mine built just like in the image but I can't place the virtue tile where the gaza's are shown. I have seen it done in game.

Image taken from google.
LStairs14.jpg

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have you placed Goza mats down then placed the virtue tile on top of the goza mats?

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Have you placed Goza mats down then placed the virtue tile on top of the goza mats?

Hi Kayhynn, Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have the gaza mats placed and raised into position just like in the picture. I can place anything on the gaza mats and lock them down I just can not get a virtue tile to place. any Idea's?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My only other question would what tile are you targeting to place it and did you try multiple locations.

Then I'd also ask, did you try placing on the floor to see if it places there as well - if the gozas arent' perfectly lined up, it won't place. But if it doesnt place on the floor itself, then there's another problem going on.

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
stairs22.jpg stairs22.jpg stairs11.jpg
My only other question would what tile are you targeting to place it and did you try multiple locations.

Then I'd also ask, did you try placing on the floor to see if it places there as well - if the gozas arent' perfectly lined up, it won't place. But if it doesnt place on the floor itself, then there's another problem going on.

I targeted every single spot I could with no luck, I also removed the goza's completely and I'm not able to place it on the floor. the goza's are all raised up the same amount of times, perfectly level.
It is the chaos tile I'm trying to place. I have tried all the virtue tiles and can't place any of them though.

The first picture is the stairs I'm trying to place it on, it is my second floor you can see I have the bell, costume and token locked down on the stairs.
The second picture is the first floor under the stairs, I have it outlined in red.

Thank you for trying to help me figure this out :)

one to many pictures :)

Last edited:

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
sorry one to many pictures and I can't figure out how to delete it :) I don't no why the pictures turned out so small, hope you can see them ok.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What error message is it giving?

The blocking message or it can't be placed there message?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try raising the gozas up a couple to where they're not resting on top of the wall and then try placing it? If that works, lower it down to the right level.

Otherwise I'd suggest removing the coffin and seein if that's somehow blocking placement

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Try raising the gozas up a couple to where they're not resting on top of the wall and then try placing it? If that works, lower it down to the right level.

Otherwise I'd suggest removing the coffin and seein if that's somehow blocking placement

I tried both your suggestions with no luck, I again removed the goza's and tried just placing it on the floor, and it placed?!?!? never would in the past.
so, I tried everything again targeting the spot that allowed me to place it on the floor and still no luck.

I then took it downstairs placed the goza's on the floor and have no problem placing the virtue tile on the goza's downstairs.

Think I'm going to just give up and live without it:(
Thank you so much for trying to help me!

T

Tazar

I tried both your suggestions with no luck, I again removed the goza's and tried just placing it on the floor, and it placed?!?!? never would in the past.
so, I tried everything again targeting the spot that allowed me to place it on the floor and still no luck.

I then took it downstairs placed the goza's on the floor and have no problem placing the virtue tile on the goza's downstairs.

Think I'm going to just give up and live without it:(
Thank you so much for trying to help me!
I ran into a similar issue recently. To get it to place we had to put the goza's on the bottom floor of the house and then raise them up 3 notches and place the virtue tile on them. We then lowered a goza a couple of notches to "break" the virtue tile into it's 4 base pieces. Then we raised the individual pieces up to where we wanted them to be. Once the 4 pieces hit the same height the "broken" tile repairs and it fit.

I am not sure what causes it and am fairly baffled by it.

One warning: If you "break" the tile and then axe any piece while the 4 pieces are not exactly aligned on the same level - the part that you axe will *poof* and the deed will be unrecoverable. It gets tricky doing this stuff.

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I ran into a similar issue recently. To get it to place we had to put the goza's on the bottom floor of the house and then raise them up 3 notches and place the virtue tile on them. We then lowered a goza a couple of notches to "break" the virtue tile into it's 4 base pieces. Then we raised the individual pieces up to where we wanted them to be. Once the 4 pieces hit the same height the "broken" tile repairs and it fit.

I am not sure what causes it and am fairly baffled by it.

One warning: If you "break" the tile and then axe any piece while the 4 pieces are not exactly aligned on the same level - the part that you axe will *poof* and the deed will be unrecoverable. It gets tricky doing this stuff.

For a minute there I thought it was going to work, can't raise them high enough to make it to the second floor before getting the message "you can not raise this any higher" :(
oh well, I will just have to live without the virtue tile on my steps.
Thanks to you both for trying to help me! :)

T

Tazar

For a minute there I thought it was going to work, can't raise them high enough to make it to the second floor before getting the message "you can not raise this any higher" :(
oh well, I will just have to live without the virtue tile on my steps.
Thanks to you both for trying to help me! :)
When you reach that point - go upstairs and continue raising them. :) Typically you can raise it 16 notches from the ground floor, but once you are upstairs you can raise farther.

Last edited by a moderator:

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When you reach that point - go upstairs and continue raising them. :) Typically you can raise it 16 notches from the ground floor, but once you are upstairs you can raise farther.

How you figured out how to do that I will never know, but thank you so much.
I been trying to get that placed for months.

worked like a charm :)

Thanks again to you both!!! house.jpg

Logan Anderson

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I ran into this same problem when I was using gozas to create a third & fourth floor for my castle. I was able to place grass, then target the grass when placing multi-tile addons.

Another method that may or may not work is to stand where you want to place the addon, then target yourself when placing.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the answer is in your goza tiles... Try the ones that are south or east. If you haven't already fixed the problem.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My BFF is having issues designing the L-shape stairs anymore. The "teleporter" tile trick isn't working for us... anyone else have this problem?