• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gaza Roof problem

Yosef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello,
I'm trying to add another spirit tile where the gold is and it's not letting me.
Does anyone know why?
Everything is same height.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

Hello,
I'm trying to add another spirit tile where the gold is and it's not letting me.
Does anyone know why?
Everything is same height.
I can help with it - but I would need to see the house itself. I am around today if you are. You can ICQ me at 286-771-023 or PM me here to meet up.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not saying this is the issue but I think I've had problems where items placed underneath the goza mats (on the floor below) have actually blocked placement - even though they don't visually poke through the roof. Just a thought.

T

Tazar

This one was a really tricky one. Even with everything below and two tiles out form it removed - the deed would not place on the goza roof... but it would place on the ground. We got lucky and got it to place on goza mats raised two notches (with a house deco tool) above the floor. We then *broke* the tile - locked down the pieces and raised them up into place. I had about given up and I am still at a loss as to what was blocking placement. Everything was removed - even the "hidden" moving crate that stores under the foundation when items are in it and it is not "relocated".

And thanks for showing me it Yosef... I learned a new trick today through our experiments. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd be interested in seeing the rest of the house....can I come check it out when you're done decorating and feature it in a Home Tour?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one was a really tricky one. Even with everything below and two tiles out form it removed - the deed would not place on the goza roof... but it would place on the ground. We got lucky and got it to place on goza mats raised two notches (with a house deco tool) above the floor. We then *broke* the tile - locked down the pieces and raised them up into place. I had about given up and I am still at a loss as to what was blocking placement. Everything was removed - even the "hidden" moving crate that stores under the foundation when items are in it and it is not "relocated".

And thanks for showing me it Yosef... I learned a new trick today through our experiments. :)

I actually had a similar kind of issue before... I was trying to place stone tables to make a countertop. I got four tables placed and chopped fine, then suddenly the one refused to place. I removed everything around it and above it. Even chopped the table pieces I'd already had. Nothing helped. After that I couldn't even get the tables to place where I'd placed them before.

Ended up giving up and using a different design for my kitchen. *sighs*

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Simplest way I know to do this would be to get four damaged books (the one from the healer room in doom). Snow and grass tiles also work. Put one where each gold pile is. Then just target the way you normally would, on the books/grass/snow. Pull those back out with object handles, and you're good to go.

T

Tazar

Simplest way I know to do this would be to get four damaged books (the one from the healer room in doom). Snow and grass tiles also work. Put one where each gold pile is. Then just target the way you normally would, on the books/grass/snow. Pull those back out with object handles, and you're good to go.
Targeting that way gave you a "blocked" message for some reason. I am still mystified as to why.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i built mine i had countless problems, it took me like 6 hours in the end to do it right. All i remember is that i had to build an even/flat roof of gozas to place other gozas on top of and raise whilst using ladders to get up to the top. I just fiddled with it until it worked.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
today I noticed when using gozas once you ax them they turned unknown, and you place them its very hard to place things on them, and I wasnt able to place a ladder on one

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I ran into a varient of this problem the other day myself, where the solution I gave above didn't work. What did end up working was adding a new goza level above where I wanted to place, using the borderless square gozas. Then I broke the deeded items so they could have the deco tool used on them, lowered them into place, removed the temporary goza level. Voila :)