• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Minutes from tonight's Governor's meeting

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
First, a very friendly ostard named Lilac came to snuggle up. What a sweet ostard. I am glad Lilac was there he (or she) made me happy inside.

Upon arrival of our King and Leader the Governors were all seated and comfortable.

Governor of Vesper, Pebbles, brought up the need in Vesper for their own moongate. The population has risen in that city and it seems time they had their own moongate, giving Minoc full use of the present gate shared between them.

Governor of Skara Brae, Ouija, had a lot of requests. Generally for more targets for target practice for the local rangers there. She also mentioned a boat race with a 10million gold prize and requested supervision from someone under the crown to make sure the race was fair for everyone. She mentioned having donations ready for a path to be cleared from the gate to the city line. No more briars stuck in peoples boots! She also asked the other governors to please contact her for a shard-wide event called the Sosarian Olympics. Each Governor would choose an event to compete in, and everyone from each city would wear their cities color in robe form. More about this to be determined.

Governor of Trinsic, Thom, mentioned a fun Bard event taking place on the 21st.

Governor of Britain, Halston, spoke of important guard needs and city security and how much organization is needed to get the guards on track for all cities.

Governor of Moonglow, Sage Humbolt, was unavailable but his Emmisary Selcius the Astronomer, spoke in depth about an exciting expansion of the Moonglow teleporter system. We were all very excited about these magiks and hope to see this idea expanded further. Teleporters to islands and places around the world would be very exciting for everyone.

Governor of Jhelom, Keeonean, was unable to attend.
Governor of Yew, Dark Cloud, was also unable to attend.

Governor of Minoc, Ariana, requested a dock for trade and other uses in Minoc. She spoke in depth of the benefits of such a building, and it was suggested that the donations of materials be included to help build.

Governor of Magincia, Nails Warstein, addressed his new position and getting to know his fellow citizens and their needs. He mentioned a festival called the Fawn Festival, to be held at the newly named Pirates Pavilion at the gazebo area, but no date has yet been set.

All Governors, except Skara Brae, mentioned concerns regarding city incomes. Keeping the trade deals paid for seems to be a troublesome issue that needs to be addressed by the King and his court.
Funding is scarce and the people desire to participate but many are too poor.

A citizen of Britain spoke up to request the fair grounds be moved. A farmer, he is having issues keeping his pumpkin patch healthy for the season.

Lord Marius from Umbra arrived, and spoke shortly about his need for a private meeting with the court to discuss matters of the Royal Guard.

The meeting went swimmingly, with no troublemakers or ruckus. A much welcomed change to previous meetings. These Governors all seemed to get along well and were very agreeable.

Any Governor who would like to add or correct this information please do so. These were short notes and the meeting ran long.

~Flutter

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I was unable to attend, I thank you flutter for the updates on the meeting. :)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Marius from Umbra arrived, and spoke shortly about his need for a private meeting with the court to discuss matters of the Royal Guard.
Actually Flutter, I requested a private audience with the Viceroy in regards to the Trade and Commerce Commission with its overall President, Jonas Callahan (who is played by my husband who couldn't make the meeting on such short notice, didn't get home til 10:30). Ariana works for this organization as Regional President for Minoc, there are also Regional Presidents for Trinsic, Jhelom, and Magincia (I do believe). Its a new RP theme we're developing.

Bianca/Ariana had horrible lag tonight as she was trying to connect from a hotel room. She had made plans to fly in with her husband on business. I "got her to the Greek" if you will, but she missed a lot of what was said when she disconnected and couldn't reconnect. She'll definitely thank you for the meeting notes! :)

As do I!

PS. Governors for Moonglow and Jhelom need to provide us with contact info on the thread stickied at the top of this forum please.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sorry! It was late, I was tired, and I was having trouble keeping up! Thanks for the clarification!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also requested a market area for Trinsic near the docks. And I know several governors brought up trade agreements between the cities but it was late and my memory sucks so I can't recall the specific ones. The King seemed very interested in the trade ideas though, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more to do with that soon.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggested a trade agreement between Minoc and Magincia. I was traveling with my husband all that week, we just got back home Monday late late night. But this week I will speak with Nails about it. Perhaps Minoc can export ingots to Magincia. :)

~ Sue.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I am going to request that the Minoc/Vesper moongate reflect that it is Minoc AND Vesper on the moongate menu. That's a development thing that takes just a second to change in a script and GUI gump file and would have to be patched to all servers, but I think that's long overdue. However, having them split off and move Minoc's moongate closer to Minoc and have Vesper have its own closer to Vesper and that be reflected on the moongate menu is probably an impossibility at this point; they have bigger fish to fry. That's a huge move that requires them to edit the map files.
Understand that removing a TREE or a BUILDING from the map, requires them to edit the map files, which is a huge endeavor. They would probably weight benefit vs. cost at that point. So in your requests, keep that in mind. Decorations are separate and not part of the map files but rather the server files; those are easy to move around, remove, add in etc. So an existing building can easily be redecorated. Or the outside of an existing building can be spruced up and reworked. Like on Atlantic they have the Luna Fairgrounds just outside, or even here on Catskills we have the RBG Offices behind Castle British. That stuff is wayyyy easier to do and Mesanna has that power; not entirely sure EM's do but I think so!

Remember map files have to be PATCHED... server files are immediately edited on the server. LOL, I guess my "GEEK" is showing.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and thanks Pandy for trying to help me out there and thank you very very much Flutter for keeping such amazing minutes for us!

~ Sue.