• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Ceramic Mug, Seer Wine, and one of our very own...

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all, this past weekend while doing a bit of idocing I came across a particular item that peaked my interest. I have seen these before, mostly in places like The Glowing Orb. It is your average serverbirth Ceramic Mug, but it contains Seer wine. In this particular case my mug is titled,

A Ceramic Mug Of UBB 2nd Anniverary Commemorative Wine

(I wish I could post a pic, prt sc isn't working and neither is my software, if I can get a hand with that I'll throw it up. Also, the typo "Anniverary," instead of Anniversary, is exactly how it is on the mug)

Now it should be noted that all Ceramic mugs act like this, they will take on the name of whatever is poured into them. My question is, what does something like this do to the value of the mug. I've always wanted a bottle of UBB wine personally (being an Atl history buff), but in most cases the owners aren't interested in selling them and I don't blame them.

Finally, and certainly not the least part of this discussion, I discovered that the house was owned by none other than Ryna McBegg. I am sure many of you remember her and the many wonderful things she did for this community and Stratics as a whole. Does anyone have any other information of her whereabouts? I certainly hope that wherever she is that she is both happy and healthy.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting as I also found at a recent IDOC "A Skull Mug With Wench's Warts" Liquor type : Strong Mist, Distiller : Ryna McBegg..... I would imagine this is just a skull mug full of a chars home made product ? They can change the title of the mug like that ?

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a whole keg of that at the same idoc. She had multiple houses and another one actually fell right next to the one I got the seer wine ceramic cup out of. Yeah, that is just her own player made brew. Still a nice piece of history. I was genuinely surprised to see so many recent items in her house as I wasn't even aware she still played. I've had her old beggar guilds guildstone for over 3 years, I would have gladly given it back had I known.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to be off topic but this makes me ultra sad when a well known player retires from the game.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to be off topic but this makes me ultra sad when a well known player retires from the game.

Oh, you aren't off topic at all and are more right than you know Bon, she was a wonderful person.