• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Gargoyle's not spawing gargoyle's pickaxes!!!

Perseus The Noble

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is killing me. Is there something wrong with my client or did they make Gargoyle's stop spawning these? I am tired of filling iron weapons BODs to get my Garg pickaxes, HELP!!!!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were always a fairly rare drop, they are still dropping I got some not much more than a week or so ago.

Perseus The Noble

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you could try again i'd be obliged. I am running the enhanced client--spent an hour in Hyloth--I am sure they ae not spawning

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
client makes no difference, and I use enhanced too. I wasn'[t actually hunting for them, I just collected them for a friend when I got them. One of the ones I got came from an enslaved gargoyle when I was collecting keys in Exodus.
I seem to remember that when we went seriously hunting for them we used to kill stone gargoyles in lost lands

Perseus The Noble

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
client makes no difference, and I use enhanced too. I wasn'[t actually hunting for them, I just collected them for a friend when I got them. One of the ones I got came from an enslaved gargoyle when I was collecting keys in Exodus.
I seem to remember that when we went seriously hunting for them we used to kill stone gargoyles in lost lands
wow--can you try again? I hunted these all the time and used to get at least some--I am sure something is wrong--try regular gargoyles. I even see a gap in the loot they spawn where its a blank space , second spot right next to the gold--I am almost sure there is a bug--

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just last week I went gargoyle hunting for pickaxes in the glacier in Ilshenar, and picked up 3 in an hour or so. They still spawn.

Perseus The Noble

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just last week I went gargoyle hunting for pickaxes in the glacier in Ilshenar, and picked up 3 in an hour or so. They still spawn.
ok! I will try again tonight--if anyone else coud try and let me know it would be amazing--needless to say, BUYING GARG PICKAXES ON ATL!! paying 10k per

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUYING GARG PICKAXES ON ATL!! paying 10k per
EEKS ... Has it come that far? Even I would consider selling some of mines at that rate. Only that mines are all on DF atm. *g*

The drop rate of those pickaxes is really pour on plain gargoyles. I can get around 10-12 per hour, when I am hunting the stone gargoyles in Illshenar. (There is a spot with three stone gargoyles in one of the farthest areas of the desert. With a gargoyle slayer weapon I usually have to wait for respawn.) Remember that luck helps on drops like this. I usually use an anniversary statue before i go out on such trips and stop when the (additionally) luck runs out.

Perseus The Noble

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EEKS ... Has it come that far? Even I would consider selling some of mines at that rate. Only that mines are all on DF atm. *g*

The drop rate of those pickaxes is really pour on plain gargoyles. I can get around 10-12 per hour, when I am hunting the stone gargoyles in Illshenar. (There is a spot with three stone gargoyles in one of the farthest areas of the desert. With a gargoyle slayer weapon I usually have to wait for respawn.) Remember that luck helps on drops like this. I usually use an anniversary statue before i go out on such trips and stop when the (additionally) luck runs out.
Still nothing. It used to be easier. I havent used my luck suit in ages--i'll try that and then i give up!! Can any verify they have gotten a pickaxe since this thread stated?

Perseus The Noble

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LUCK FOR THE WIN!!!!
For future reference let people know with zero luck u wont get a pickaxe. Took the 1200+ luck suit out of mothballs and went to level 4 Hylth. Second gargoyle gave a garg pickaxe!! collect 7-8 last night messin with stone gargs and gargs and fire gargs. EVEN DIED ONCE IN A FIRE GARG GANK!! Good times!!!
THANK YOU TO ALL FOR REPLYING