• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Problem with taming Paralithode (New tamable with story arc on Test Center)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am not sure if this is working as designed or not, figured I would report and you decide ;)

1 - When you are trying to tame the Paralithode it burrows underground which breaks the taming attempt.

2 - Once you actually tame the Paralithode and try to leave the area when you get back to the dock it disappears and follower slots go to zero. I tried to take it on land while it was still grey, and tried again with a blue one. Also tried with and without the special suit needed to reach the area where they are. All scenarios got the same result.

Just in case it makes a difference, I play the Classic Client.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not sure if this is working as designed or not, figured I would report and you decide ;)

1 - When you are trying to tame the Paralithode it burrows underground which breaks the taming attempt.

2 - Once you actually tame the Paralithode and try to leave the area when you get back to the dock it disappears and follower slots go to zero. I tried to take it on land while it was still grey, and tried again with a blue one. Also tried with and without the special suit needed to reach the area where they are. All scenarios got the same result.

Just in case it makes a difference, I play the Classic Client.
The Paralithode behavior is similar to that of the Trap Door Spider in that they can burrow underground when trying to tame them, an added challenge in trying to tame these elusive sand dwellers.

The Paralithodes are meant to be used only in the area where they spawn. The idea is they provide the tamer with a creature to use in the area since you can't bring other pets into the final boss encounter. The reason being that Greater dragons everywhere makes it difficult to see the boss, the paralithodes do not have this problem.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Paralithodes are meant to be used only in the area where they spawn.
That was the response I was fearing lol. Those little buggers are nice tho. Always wanted a pet that made those particular sounds at least now I can have them on a temporary basis.

I appreciate the fast response on it man. You folks have done an outstanding job on this round imo. Not too easy and not TOO hard.... the Goldilocks zone was hit :)