• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A List

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was searching for an item yesterday and stumbled upon this old post by Tomas Bryce. It kinda surprised me, but when i thought about it came to a gut feeling that it is most likely accurate. Perhaps i have just been in the dark about these and it is common knowledge.

Most of the items (like the replica items, server births, and "search" items are of course accepted)

http://stratics.com/community/threads/a-list-of-duped-items-july-25th-08.91792/#post-758146

Now please no one freak out, i know any mention of "dupe" in a post usually creates some heated off topic discussion, but I'd just like to ask:
1. what people think about the list.
2. why some items didn't make it to Manticore's master list.
(As always thankyou Manticore for the devotion you commit to keeping your list up to date as a cornerstone reference)

I'm also aware that of course any item can be duped, and it is most often impossible to identify many items other than with personal suspicions for one reason or another.

Also, I would love to see a sticky like this, but updated. obviously the post by Bryce is very old.

Last edited:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was searching for an item yesterday and stumbled upon this old post by Tomas Bryce. It kinda surprised me, but when i thought about it came to a gut feeling that it is most likely accurate. Perhaps i have just been in the dark about these and it is common knowledge.

Most of the items (like the replica items, server births, and "search" items are of course accepted)

http://stratics.com/community/threads/a-list-of-duped-items-july-25th-08.91792/#post-758146

Now please no one freak out, i know any mention of "dupe" in a post usually creates some heated off topic discussion, but I'd just like to ask:
1. what people think about the list.
2. why some items didn't make it to Manticore's master list.
(As always thankyou Manticore for the devotion you commit to keeping your list up to date as a cornerstone reference)

I'm also aware that of course any item can be duped, and it is most often impossible to identify many items other than with personal suspicions for one reason or another.

Also, I would love to see a sticky like this, but updated. obviously the post by Bryce is very old.

That list is out of date. There have been many more items duped since that list was out.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh yes you are correct. i was thinking it would be in the archive and reference section, but is in fact part of a stickied post in the general rares section

I agree it needs to be made more prominent and include info on other types of items. This and many more items have been on my to do list for awhile, but alas I have not been able to do them. Unpaid volunteering is unfortunately low on my priority list. :(

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And just to clarify, i personally don't believe any of the "hype" that there is an upcoming patch that will remove duped items. that is absurd. Duping affects the value of items, but at this point in the game unless it is a specific skyrocket dupe i don't see a mass deletion ever happening.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And just to clarify, i personally don't believe any of the "hype" that there is an upcoming patch that will remove duped items. that is absurd. Duping affects the value of items, but at this point in the game unless it is a specific skyrocket dupe i don't see a mass deletion ever happening.
Some of the newer folks may not realize but this rumor about dupe deletion has gone on forever. Just as the "uo is dying" phase it comes up every so often, usually when an error like the one with the mythic token occurs. Previously it was when Draconi burned some houses down. Cal talked about dupe detection, but Cal talked about a lot of things. There's always been people starting this silly dupe deletion crap and it will continue and spur up again the next time the devs decide to remove something from the game or another error happens with codes.