• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hi

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi citizens. I haven't played UO in years, and have been bored as of late, thus debating on playing again with a few friends, since there is a lack of good games being produced these days. I wanted to check who all still plays, that I would know from Catskills previously, and maybe get an opinion on the game.

Is it still active? Is there pvp on Catskills, or would I be best on Atlantic? Also, I thought I heard something about a new crafting system, or new properties or what not that came after imbuing. Would that mean it would be easier to suit up easier, or would I have to grind gold/resources for months and months. I had a pretty good setup before, but everything is gone, which makes me ask, has anyone seen my characters ever? So I would have to start over on a new account from EA, which makes me ask, again, is there any alternative to the Charger, cause that metal horse is ugly. Also, are factions still around? I could always get mounts there I guess.

Thanks. Any discussion about pvp, maybe just PM me it since it can be a touchy topic, or ICQ me 135069321, the name will show as Basket. Also if anyone plays any other games worth trying PM me. I play a lot of League of Legends, doing normals with a friend who's new at it, but would like to find a duo queue partner for higher leagues ranked also, will throw that out there!

Thanks warriors and mages!

Also, my last also, my account has been re-activated after 3 years, and I am authorized to post here again, thank you Stratics upper administration for allowing me back :'D

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back!

Yes there is "PvP" though mainly it is one massive alliance of about 10-25 people vs the other 6 people who pvp at random hours. ATL has non stop guard zone pvp while Catskills has mainly spawn pvp and some gate fighting. Just not when the the zerg is dieing a lot and/or they can't bring double numbers. So you have to be careful not to kill them off to fast or you're bored the rest of the night.

I have not seen any of your chars in years.

Reforging is the new thing but I don't know enough about it to explain. My sugar daddy makes all my suits (he says hi and he can explain all that to you if you icq him).

Factions is still around but they broke that system a while ago and not many people use it anymore. Ethy horses are now 1 year vet rewards. but chargers paroxy swampies and grizzle mares are the only options for a new account.

A lot of the old timers have left but there are still a few of us kicking around and pissing each other off. Some things never change =)

Cya out there!

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, Nystul, glad to see old names coming back.

Giggles would know more about PvP on Catskills as I am only on Catskills part time these days, I play more so on Atlantic. Atlantic has several larger groups so finding a fight is a lot easier. People do prime time harry's for fights and DSP is often going. It would be rare to NOT have every T2A spawn popped by early evening. Gate fighting is the most common but that can get pretty dull. Your best bet on Atl for gates is to hop on a faction and play a non-red. Red factioniers are often prone to major ganks. Here is my PvP lineup for Atlantic.

Pure mage blue faction char - gate fighting
Red non-faction mystic - raids with groups
Red non-faction disarm archer - raids solo

Generally people who spawn on ATL put up a fight when you raid so it makes it a lot more fun.

FYI I encourage PvP discussion here, just use caution with the personal attacks.

I'd recommend building characters on both Atl and Cats. ATL can get monotonous and its good to have the variety of Catskills. Or, if like me, make pvp characters on all NA shards.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh Hai. I know you.
It goes like this.
You play on Catskills when you need an ego boost because killing double numbers is hilarious.
Then you log on GL or ATL for the real pvp.

Suits I don't do or understand. I pay people and believe what they are selling me is "good"
I am still wearing a suit from 1998 on my stealth archer on Catskills. The only time anyone notices is when it's 5v1.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are working on replacing Factions. However, while I expect it to be better because it will be new, I have no doubt that people will find ways around actually PvPing and still be part of Virtue & Vice. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like it's right where I left off.

I may get on in a week or two. I'm going to check trial account limitations, and also I have a friend who offered me to get on her old account that's been inactive for about a year to look around the UO world if trials fail. Thanks for the responses all, nice to see recognizable names again.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nystul are you gonna play?
I even saw Zeddicus log on today. Haven't seen him in forever.
Just got back to being active myself. Looks like there's a lot of PvP on Catskills.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nystul are you gonna play?
I even saw Zeddicus log on today. Haven't seen him in forever.
Just got back to being active myself. Looks like there's a lot of PvP on Catskills.

I'm a bit late... But short and simple, no, I will not be playing Catskills. But, I am streaming a lot on twitch.tv, under Ultima Online. Also, I don't see my self ever posting here again, so this will likely be my last post ever on Stratics, so I'd just like to say thanks to staff for making my account available again, and goodbye to any former players I've met. Take care citizens.