• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Here is a damn suggestion...

G

Gunga_Din

The fishmonger quests are a waste of time, broken and just plain crap.

The devs now know this and will have to fix the drop rates of PS, make sure the mongers are keeping track of quests (because they don't right now) and basically make sure the quests increase in difficulty.

So instead of screwing the people that wasted their time with this continued testing, i suggest a turn in for Powerscrolls. Mb 3 lava poles for a 105 or 100 of a bait or something. Otherwise its just a slap in the face. Look at all this I got after 70 freaking quests !!

Yellow Tail Barracuda Bait: 106 Uses
Order of Dragonfish Handbook Part 1: x3
Order of Dragonfish Handbook Part 2: x4
Order of Dragonfish Handbook Part 4: x3
2 Lava Lobster Traps
3 Lava Fishing Poles
Fairy Salmon Bait: 102 Uses
Stone Crab Bait: 182 Uses
Great Barracuda Bait: 121
Holy Mackerel Bait: 74 Uses
Autumn Dragonfish Bait: 42 Uses
Giant Koi Bait: 124 Uses

That all has to be equal to a damn powerscroll. 10 books for a 105? 200 of a particular bait for a 105? 2 Lava Lobster traps for a 110? Something has to be done.

Use your brains and stop trying to create time sinks to keep people playing. Your using formulas from Warhammer Online to limit drops of a particular set piece. Book 3, Ship plans 3, Power scrolls.

Sorry, this tactic does not work to keep people playing and paying. I noticed these tactics in Warhammer and quit that game. Now your using the same principles here. You know exactly what i'm talking about.

M

Mehelenya

Exact what i wrote in one of my Threads. Those Scrolls are Random, which means you could make the Fisher Quests even 1 Million times, without getting a Scroll. Some Fishers will never ever see a Fishing Scroll, same happend with Doom Arties long time ago and many other Items. A Handfull Peoples (Skripters) gets the Scrolls and will sell them for sure, for 50 Mios +. I think it is just outrageous, that not 1 from the Dev Team says how of the hell we should get Scrolls and if they are even in Game, since none saw till now a 120 Fishing Scroll. None saw them eighter in Beta Testing. It's time that we get answers....

G

Gunga_Din

Few more ideas:

(1) Remove the crabs and lobsters completely , they are nonsense. Get them out of the quests too.

(2) How about 10 lesser fish instead of 42. Why are there so many? A bunch share the same graphic. Another **** poor idea.

(3) The lesser fish weights are a dumb move too. Bunch of people complaining about that as well. Make them all 1 stone,

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While i dont like trap fishing that much (no pearls, nets and mibs from them), fishing with them gives more or less decent gains. Though I am not shure, what the skill check on those traps does or why it is required. (I got told that you need to be in water, where you can gain to get gains from trap fishing. You can get a gain upon getting a filled trap out of the waters.)

I have now done 70 quests, too and got 2 105's out of it. Not shure if that matters, but I havent ever canceled one of those quests. I know there are ways to speed up questing. One is definately an exploit and the other one only a glitch within the system. Actually with the later one, those quests are nearly down to what they should be for: fishing! You fish for pearls, serpents and fishes. thas whats fishing is for and it probably wont change after someone got a 120. Those quests are only an addition to fishing and should not be looked at as main content.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The addition to all of these crazy fish types and weights is the #1 reason that I did not buy the expansion. I've got a MiB hunter and I do just fine at that, so there's no real reason to get the expansion. I may not be able to participate in a few of the fun quests that you guys get, but I can sip up 10-50 MiB in a day and then go out and harvest them the next without having to slice up 40lb fish.

Ha-ha!

Sure I won't get 120 in Fishing, but so far as I can tell there isn't any real benefit to the 120, especially when the WEIGHT of the difference isn't all that useful. </pun>

So basically, the High Seas expansion turned me off of buying the High Seas expansion because of the extra fish you added. Seriously, that's why I'm not giving EA my money, because they added stupid fish.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
All they would need to do is add a feature to the fishing poles so that you can fish like you don't have the expansion and I would buy it. I love the idea of ship battles and the big ships are really cool looking. I just don't want to waste my time fishing up 42 different types of fish. It's bad enough that I fish up boots.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wonder if not having high seas makes it to where you only get Levithans from fabled nets too. That alone would be a plus in my book. Never having to worry about Charby rascal breaking the surface.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'd be more than happy to help you test that if you've got a net to spare.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if not having high seas makes it to where you only get Levithans from fabled nets too. That alone would be a plus in my book. Never having to worry about Charby rascal breaking the surface.
It does. Whenever I throw Fabled nets, I always make sure it's a friend/guildmate without HS that's throwing them. 100% Levi. :)

Last edited:

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bought High Seas for the housing storage, nothing more.