• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mining que PLZ HELP

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was reading on some of cannon stuff on UO guide, and everything and of the thing i need to use to make some of the stuff is saltpeter. My Que is why cant i get it from mining like it say you can. i have move from shovel to pickaxes and nothing i dont know what i am doing wrong

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have the high seas expansion?
Do you have any luck?
Are you mining in the right place? ie dungeons, Ilshenar or from a boat.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, no, and in ilshenear. havnt try the boat yet
I think it was the UO Guide that also said that if you are going to hit the saltpeter, you will get it on the first swing on that spot. I had decent luck in Ilshenar around the Spiritulaity moongate. From the gate you can walk in either direction along a mountain in relative safety. Hit a spot and if no saltpeter, take 5 steps and try again. Repeat until you hit a vein.

Note: I had good luck doing this when I first got High Seas around Christmas time, but have not tried for saltpeter in a couple of months....

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was the UO Guide that also said that if you are going to hit the saltpeter, you will get it on the first swing on that spot. I had decent luck in Ilshenar around the Spiritulaity moongate. From the gate you can walk in either direction along a mountain in relative safety. Hit a spot and if no saltpeter, take 5 steps and try again. Repeat until you hit a vein.

Note: I had good luck doing this when I first got High Seas around Christmas time, but have not tried for saltpeter in a couple of months....
kool ty you so much i will give that a try i just got high sea about a month ago and been trying everything with no luck was bout to make a luck sute and try a boat at this pont

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a macro in UO Assist just clicking on your mining tools ( shovel or pick) and just wear a high luck suit and just do what SlayerofBunnys said. Just move around in spots.