• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Odd Paragon Chest

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey everyone,

At an IDOC last night, I looted an odd paragon chest. I asked a few people and they said that this creature no longer drops this chest. I am a late bloomer, an expansion has to be out 5 years before I try any of the cool stuff lol, so I haven't even done the puzzle room, not even once. I'm not even sure it came from the puzzle room, any help would help, thanks!

Here is the pic:

Box.JPG

Box1.JPG

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ummmm... never even heard of that creature man. Tried searching on Stratics and UOGuide both and neither of them have anything on it at all, not even in the forums search.

Puzilan's Paragon Chest has me positively perplexed pending a person putting into plain words it's particular provenience. This positively is a prodigious piece, I would personally pay a pretty penny to put the phenomenal piece in my parcel.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well done Kyle.
I don't know of a character named this anywhere in the game. I've done the puzzle and I do not recall there being anyone there you could kill.
Maybe at the end?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well done Kyle.
Thank ya, I wuz a lil bored lol (just remembered this one - it does not hold up to the one I did on the Fabulous Flutter a couple years ago tho :D )

I don't remember there being anything you could kill either, maybe early on in the launch tho *shrugs*. Other than that I was thinking possible EM paragon chest that happens on occasion, but nothing listed in the archives on it either...

Last edited:

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow thats pretty unique, very nice find!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm, like I said I haven't done the puzzle room so I didn't know if it could have came from that. Thanks everyone for the replies. I hope someone who attends events on all shards could tell me if this spawned at an event. Any information would help. :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Petra points out the parentage of the Puzilan the Puzzler Paragon chest? How apropos..

*runs off to Ilsh to hopefully snag one*

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i've killed so many to gain 15k karma and haven't seen one. What I did notice is, these mages have names then a comma. Example:

xether, the mage
xether, the insane mage
xether, Master mage

Something with a comma, can anyone please post a picture of a mage with this name is they come across one. Thanks!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What do you want for it Alex?
*makes grabby hands*

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is definitely an evil mage chest. I have quite a few different ones but have yet to have him drop one and I have seen him as a paragon a few times. All told i'm probably over 100 different ones and still none with that. About on par with this one.

Please let me know if you decide to sell as that is exactly the kind I collect.

Attachments

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it isn't a rare EM event creature name?

*runs and pouts*

hahaha

Thanks everyone for the clarification and the help. What would this chest go for?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could be harder to get than some event creature named ones simply because of the shear numbers of evil mage names. I have had my journal record names while I am killing them and I don't think I am even close yet. I will put an offer of 10M.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm, I'll note the interest on this item, but at the moment I think I may keep. Thanks everyone for the replies and info, it is well appreciated.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will pass to someone who seems to be a real serious collector of these. ;)
I'd never stand in the way of someone who puts this kind of dedication into one type of item.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It is definitely an evil mage chest. I have quite a few different ones but have yet to have him drop one and I have seen him as a paragon a few times. All told i'm probably over 100 different ones and still none with that. About on par with this one.

I like your white castle with your white/ice blue birdies and your white stuff and your white bells looking all white and snowy :heart:

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will pass to someone who seems to be a real serious collector of these. ;)
I'd never stand in the way of someone who puts this kind of dedication into one type of item.
You know what, you're right. I don't want to stand in the way of someone completing a collection, I know I don't want that done to me. I'll take the 10M offer, Pfloyd.

The chest is on Atlantic.

If you play Great Lakes, I can do a trade: Compassion's Eye and 5M for the chest.

Let me know.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Just earned a new found respect for that collection. Not only the seemingly endless names of the Evil Mages (I just thought Daemon's had too many names) but the rarity of times the paragons actually drop the dang chests is unreal. Just out of curiosity I have spent a total of around 10 hours killing the dang things and finally managed to get one chest... shesh. You are determined! Wish you tons of luck in completing the set. :)

You know what, you're right. I don't want to stand in the way of someone completing a collection, I know I don't want that done to me. I'll take the 10M offer, Pfloyd.
Great to see that kind of mentality these days!

PS... If you need a Kwan Li, Lord of the Mists (in black) and one of these folks around here can give it a ride from Atl to your shard give a shout. You are welcome to it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If I can find my Pyre chest would you be interested? I am sure it's easier to get than the evil mage names but I haven't found anyone else with one yet.
It's gold. I am pretty proud of it because those things were really hard to kill at the time.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will be spending a few days trying to get a puzzler chest though ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I will be spending a few days trying to get a puzzler chest though ;)
Out of all the hours I spent there I never even saw that name on a non-para one... LOTS of names.

and.. if you were asking me if I wanted the pyre chest for the evil mage one.. if pfolyd does not need this one then you can have it for nothing at all. The last thing I need is another collection to chase LOL... and all that single chest sitting in my house would do is gnaw at me until I went out to get it some company ;)

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hahaha

I once had a Navery Night-Eyes paragon chest.

On Catskills, at her 'Death-Event'..... she spawned a pagaon Navery. My friend that recently quit, Yible, got this chest and sold it me. I regret selling it ever since. :(

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Oh no I'm sorry I was wondering if Pfloyd needed it for his collection.
I'm sorry it seems I am having trouble posting clearly lately.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah, I think I have an understanding problem here lately lol.. muscle relaxers and pain pills seem to have that effect :D

Tze'Naga

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If I remember well the Puzzler was not just a random evil mage, but one that kept shapeshifting in different animal/monster forms. Not sure where he spawned anymore, and if he still does. Must have been over 8 years ago before my long break from UO :) Could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just earned a new found respect for that collection. Not only the seemingly endless names of the Evil Mages (I just thought Daemon's had too many names) but the rarity of times the paragons actually drop the dang chests is unreal. Just out of curiosity I have spent a total of around 10 hours killing the dang things and finally managed to get one chest... shesh. You are determined! Wish you tons of luck in completing the set. :)

Great to see that kind of mentality these days!

PS... If you need a Kwan Li, Lord of the Mists (in black) and one of these folks around here can give it a ride from Atl to your shard give a shout. You are welcome to it.
Thank you, I do have a Kwan Li, of the evil mages he is one of the more common ones. Once you start getting some you will see there are 5 or 6 that will drop more often than the others. I have been collecting paragon chests for quite a while now. I even made it harder on myself to really only collect the solid gray ones and not really display the other kind though I keep them just so I know they exist. For some reason I think they changed the drop on paragon chests, the normal "single named??" mages never used to drop a chest but now they are for some reason. These are the ones I am proud to have including the recent one from Alexander:

Bazerion, The Wizard-Lord,
Kwan Li, Lord of the Mists
Leje The Invincible
Tybevriat Varn
Xarot the Black Archmage
Ylthallynon, The Insane
Zejron The Wild
Phalil The Unexpected
Keldor The Modoc
Mardis The Avenger
Izlay The Ebonheart
Puzilan the Puzzler

and these are the ones that I have that are the blackish with gold trim kinds of chests when dyed white or whatever color have the brighter bands:
Singhe-Dul

Pitt The Elder

Lord Adnoc

Raith, Lord of Rats

Sang Qui

The normal mages now dropping chests I have 51 unique names and I still see names spawning that I don't have paragon or no. I don't know why they changed the drop rate but it's kind of fun to see new things still in this game.

I have 58 daemon chests, 23 elf named chests from the abyss spawn outside Stygian Dragon area that don't spawn anymore and quite a few EM named ones.

Of all the monsters that still spawn I have only 1 ore elemental chest and that is Verite, I have An Ophidian Knight-Errant one with the brighter bands but want the other type. I believe this ophidian one is only from champ spawns as I know of no other regular spawn.

There are also now paragon chests spawning from the lizardman camp in Ilsh (maybe from champ spawns too)
And the EM's are spawning more and more with unique names so that has been interesting trying to get them.
Interesting thing with Forensics is that you can see who it was that unlocked the chest for the first time. Imagine trying to collect only ones you did? :)
The evil mage chests can also be opened with magery and I have just noticed the ones I did that way don't show anything special so I think I might just go back to picking them.

P.S. Alexander, I do have a Navery chest that I purchased in the last few years but not sure if they still do from EM events.

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I can find my Pyre chest would you be interested? I am sure it's easier to get than the evil mage names but I haven't found anyone else with one yet.
It's gold. I am pretty proud of it because those things were really hard to kill at the time.

Thank you, yes I do have a Pyre and yes he is the toughest imho of the named ones to get just slightly higher than Abscess.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember well the Puzzler was not just a random evil mage, but one that kept shapeshifting in different animal/monster forms. Not sure where he spawned anymore, and if he still does. Must have been over 8 years ago before my long break from UO :) Could be wrong, but that is what I remember.
If only he still did, that would be a sight to see. I still get excited when I finally see a paragon of one of the ones I need just for a chance to get a chest.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this will be moved to the normal trade forums as they "still/all of the sudden spawn" at crazy rare rates but if anyone wants to trade or help collect my icq is 380291.