• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick Question...

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just placed a house but I would like to demolish it and move it back a couple tiles and place it again. Will I have to wait a week to place it again if I demolish it since I just placed it? I play on Siege...

T

Tazar

In Theory - no... but I have seen a few cases where replacement was blocked for the week. I recommend waiting just to be certain.

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...I felt the same way. The forum leads you to believe no but it is very vague...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does the resize command also still have the 7-day timer from the moment it was placed?

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is something I'm considering myself. I have a nice house, but I would rather have one on the water in a better spot (for RP reasons). I'll probably move it, but I'm not sure if I should wait the full 7 days or if I can demo and move today.

It's really a bit fuzzy on how all of this works. No real help files anywhere except for player suggestions on a couple of forums.

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. I wish there was just a cut and dry answer like if you demolish it after you place it, you still have to wait a week or you don't have to wait. I'm waiting on moving all my stuff for a week just so I can reset my house a few tiles back.

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree. I wish there was just a cut and dry answer like if you demolish it after you place it, you still have to wait a week or you don't have to wait. I'm waiting on moving all my stuff for a week just so I can reset my house a few tiles back.

I recently demolished a small home on Siege and now have to wait a week before I can place its' replacement...

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently demolished a small home on Siege and now have to wait a week before I can place its' replacement...
Well that really stinks! I thought it was when you placed one you had to wait a week. I didn't know there was a one week penalty for demolishing one. I wanted to demolish mine and just move it back a little.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i might be wrong, my understanding of the resize option is that you are exempt from the 7 day timer rule, and you have an hour to replace the house? where this starts becoming a unknown is if you resize and your house has not stood for 7 days yet, then does the exempt still apply,

for demolish i have no idea? but then in your scenario i would use the resize option. as i assume you can resize more than once? could you not resize two tiles back, then resize again and bring the front 2 tiles in to match the orginal plot size.

quick thought, can this scenrio be checked out on the test center to find the answer quite easily?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you resize you wont have to wait the 7 days. You can only resize once per hour though.

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to keep it the same size, just back a few tiles from the trees...I'd hate to lose the plot. SO I was going to wait the week, then demolish and place again. I wonder if I will have to wait a week after demolishing it???? Geeze!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to keep it the same size, just back a few tiles from the trees...I'd hate to lose the plot.
I know the feeling well, just place and then think "ooooh I wonder if I can get that 2 tiles closer to the left" for example.

"I wish to resize my house"

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let's just go ahead and say that the official word is
  • "If you place a house and accept the timer notation that pops up, you will need to wait 168 Hours (7 days) before you can place a new house. If you demolish or transfer your house, the timer is NOT lifted and you will still need to wait out the remainder of the 168 hours."

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then resize twice like i suggested? only problem is the one hour wait??

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATE...Got together with a couple friends and we tested this on Siege. If you place a house and then demolish it, you can place another right away. As of this evening, this worked! My house has been replaced and all is good!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
UPDATE...Got together with a couple friends and we tested this on Siege. If you place a house and then demolish it, you can place another right away. As of this evening, this worked! My house has been replaced and all is good!
Did you use the resize command?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No Obsidian. I just clicked demolish house and then placed it again. I did this twice and it worked both times. I had a friend there to place just in case it didn't.
Ok. I still think I am going to wait a few more days before resizing my plot just in case.