• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM Drop Numbers

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight I found out that Pacifics new EM's Sangria and Orix have a new rule and will no longer be providing drop numbers for items after the event. Is this across the board with all EM's or is it just Pacific now?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tonight I found out that Pacifics new EM's Sangria and Orix have a new rule and will no longer be providing drop numbers for items after the event. Is this across the board with all EM's or is it just Pacific now?
EM's have the choice to freely give out the drop numbers. Although they may not publicly give out the numbers, there are other means to figure out how many dropped.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a potential for abuse. The EM tells a personal friend how many dropped on ICQ. If its one of the rarer drops they buy up as many as they can while keeping everyone else in the dark.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a potential for abuse. The EM tells a personal friend how many dropped on ICQ. If its one of the rarer drops they buy up as many as they can while keeping everyone else in the dark.
Highly unlikely.
1. We have a very nice network of ~10 or so regular Xsharders who get them on a regular basis and the information are passed back and forth instantly so I have a pretty good count on what the numbers are after each event.

2. Mesanna announced before on how the drop system works, i.e. less than 50 attendees its a 10 drop, then goes up 15, 20, 30, etc... depending on the size and history of each shard.

3. EMs may not announce them publicly but I receive them because they know the importance of the list and my list is kept as close as real time as it gets.

Tonight's Pac item, I wasn't there but I put 10 down because of this shard's history.

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sometimes you can ask Mesanna directly through email, and she will tell you IF she remembers.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You weren't the only xsharder mia tonight. As for the Mesanna announced drop numbers based on attendence, how does that work with the unique, 4, 5, 7 drop numbers for some items this year?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You weren't the only xsharder mia tonight. As for the Mesanna announced drop numbers based on attendence, how does that work with the unique, 4, 5, 7 drop numbers for some items this year?
If I understand the program right, EM's can request items to be unique. Also, you have to take into consideration, an EM may have forgotten to lock down an item and it then becomes in the hands of players.

Last edited:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I understand the program right, EM's can request items to be unique. Also, you have to take into consideration, an EM may have forgotten to lock down an item and it then becomes in the hands of players.
Yes, like the romeo blackaxe axes earlier this year. The 4, 5,and 7 items I was referencing are:

A Portrait Of Olivia (4)
Golden Plated Playing Cards (4)
Trinsician Standard Issue Longsword (5)
Blue Dragon Egg (7)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
portrait of oliva and golden plated playing cards were stealables not scripted MOB drop. The scripted MOB drops 99% of the times stick with the rules I stated earlier.

The long sword was also a stealing event.

The blue dragon egg was an Oceania event because only 7 people were there for that battle at the end.

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma doesn't often give out numbers unless it is a slip up,
As with LS.

I've noticed a few times at events, after a big boss dies or something, and say half the people get something and half didn't, they will say "it was supposed to drop ~XX" then apologies to those who didn't get anything, if the number > player @ event.