• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since im back...

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you see a character named "Va'lis"

Thats still me. But a non RP form.

If you see "Va'lis Razele". Still me, RP char.

We good? Trust me, you wouldnt think this would be an issue...But it is.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have Va'lis on your boat in a naval war far event and he is on your team, you win. If you are one of the opposite teams, checkmate.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking on a historic note. Va'l was the only person who consistently kicked UP's tail at sea, regardless of who he was teamed up with.

But we had funny rules at our sea battle events.

(side note: there are a lot of people who I've never seen in a sea battle, so it's quite possible that he wasn't the only one who could, but he was the only one who did.)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah?
Well if I could have ever gotten my boat to move you pirates would have been in deep doo doo.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course Aedon.

After 5 minutes with you on the ship, we would have all been too drunk to fight back.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There may be some evil at work in our current storylines that may or may not end with Va'lis somehow masterminding a whole plot to mind control people.... living and dead. *runs away before the massive replies come in*

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best kind of RP is the unscripted, unedited kind. Welcome back.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best RP is actually a mix of scripted and unscripted, the person scripting it can't take part for it to work they just make a general trail and players use it. I say this because it works and is proven to work, kinda sounds like D&D right? I mean it works great on private shards built by players who've left production shards because all the crap that makes having more money = better. I'll not go on about private shards anymore though. The general idea though is an option for action instead of endless diatribes that I personally would walk away from for a moment hence Rotep always being a bit clueless, even when I actually read I'd still act clueless to frustrate people.

But this isn't really my problem anymore.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's like saying our current UO Storylines are awful because they have been somewhat scripted. Granted some of them are less RP and more "huge mass of ppl killing crap" type but there have been some really amazing story arcs that are "script-driven"... There is a big difference between scripted and script-driven storylines. ;) BUT YES thanks for the welcome!

:heart: Pandy

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was one of the best things about roleplaying with you Pandy. Even though we typically started with a script, the outcome (and the journey to the outcome... which is more important) was always up in the air. Sure we usually had desired outcomes, but when the situation demanded it, everyone involved stepped up to the plate and hit consecutive home-runs.
The most memorable, but hardly the only memorable, for me was the Aneirin near-death, one of my favorite RP-moments of all time. We were supposed to win the day that day and pave the way to the next encounter (at least from my perspective). Imagine my surprise when I lost the fight!

But great roleplaying can take all forms, Scripted, Improvised, semi-scripted, trash talking.
Good examples:
Scripted: Many small scale EM events (and a few large scale). The best for me was soggy-undead invasions of UP territory.
Improvised: Darn near everything that happened between UP and PGoH. Most memorable was when we raided their Navy and kidnapped Dove.
Semi-scripted: See above. The whole OvC thing was pretty fun for me.
Trash talking: Hook vs. Pike. You had to see it to believe it. Hard to keep sitting those days for all the laughter.

Bad examples:
Scripted: Some groups used RP as story telling, and ignored outside influences, even in public places (such as when a couple of pirates crashed a wedding, we were ignored away, despite our unruly behavior and foul mouths... we didn't fit the scene)
Improvised: There's a certain group somewhere else whose roleplay always devolves into **** and fart jokes.
Semi scripted: When the organizer of the scene or event can't handle the tangent and it falls to the participants to continue it (sorry, no specific example as the memorable one is stepping on toes which I still like)
Trash talking: Any trash talking which involves a form of noob or slurs.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course Aedon.

After 5 minutes with you on the ship, we would have all been too drunk to fight back.
*chuckles*
Now Aneirin, you know your lot looked forward to Aedon's home delivered rum and lemons. By the way, you still owe me for that last shipment.

Oh by the way, here is the most recent picture of me. I am the white warg, the thing on my back is Meli the Lore-Master who brings me tar so I do not slaughter her.

Last edited:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So. Now the question is...

Stay out of factions and wait till the changes... Or jump in Shadowlords...

Hmmmm, choices choices