• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Hiding/Invisibilty

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you hide next to a dungeon entrance or teleporter and you move one step into a dungeon or teleporter, you stay hidden. You should reveal yourself as you have moved one step. (This can be exploited to evade people by rapidly moving in and out of dungeon entrances without revealing)

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
If you hide next to a dungeon entrance or teleporter and you move one step into a dungeon or teleporter, you stay hidden. You should reveal yourself as you have moved one step. (This can be exploited to evade people by rapidly moving in and out of dungeon entrances without revealing)
I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system on the issue.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the issue might be that the auto-reveal occurs at the completion of the step. When you begin to step through the entrance/portal, you never complete the step on the other side. I wonder if they could just make the reveal occur at the start of the step, not the conclusion. Unless beginning the step does not trigger an 'event', which would mean the issue would not be able to be resolved.

This is a good way to enter the Labyrinth and staying hidden.

This has been used to enter dungeons for years, not a real big exploit, so I would consider this a low priority.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the issue might be that the auto-reveal occurs at the completion of the step. When you begin to step through the entrance/portal, you never complete the step on the other side. I wonder if they could just make the reveal occur at the start of the step, not the conclusion. Unless beginning the step does not trigger an 'event', which would mean the issue would not be able to be resolved.

This is a good way to enter the Labyrinth and staying hidden.

This has been used to enter dungeons for years, not a real big exploit, so I would consider this a low priority.
It is extremely high priority to fel players as you can use this exploit on any level on any dungeon.

I haven't posted how all the trammel related bugs like decos not locking down are low priority, so conversely I don't see why a trammel player feels the need to express how a high priority fel bug (which is very annoying to a lot of people) is low priority to you.

I'd say this is more annoying to people than mythic tokens being duped.

Last edited: