• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Many collections seem to be going on the market...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have been on a brief hiatus here lately and just am starting to get back into game some. Since coming back I have seen quite a few threads for price checks and sales of really large collections. From the collector standpoint (was not going to ask in Uhall and get TONS of gloom and doom type responses) is there a reason behind this? Or is it all just coincidence that this many seem to be going on at once?

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have seen a lot of collectors sell out to have a fresh restart on a new collection for fun. I don't think I have seen more collections on the market than usual. I have also helped sell out collections only for the collector to start a new collection again seen firsthand, so I don't foresee any doom and gloom =)

If anything I have also seen a lot of new collectors surface, which is always a welcome and refreshing.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Good deal. That's what I was hoping... but you miss a few months around here and you can miss a TON of news lol.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Also you must consider, there are so many rares to choose from, there will always be plenty of rares to trade, buy and sell. There are easily over 1000 different Event Items ranging from 1 of 1 to 100+ of the same kind of rare and there are over 100 server birth / non-spawning type rares with no known quantity of each. Players can sell their collection all year long, and still have plenty of rares left over to sell. Compared to a few years ago, I think there fewer collections/items being posted for sale when you compare the surge in number of rares, with few being actually sold.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I recognized, as soon summer hits in, collections get posted more than usual for sale - as soon summer is over and fall/winter hits in, everybody and his dog wants to buy rares hehe ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally am shifting my collection in a new direction with the idea of redesigning my home. As such I am getting rid of some of my rares and condensing others into a smaller collection (like my roses... trying to get down to about 100 of my absolute favorites). I display my collection worked into the decor of my home rather than on display cases, pedestal like a standard museum... if I can't work it into the design than most of the time I usually don't keep it if it is a large ticket item.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Welcome Back Kinslayer- you were missed!
The Crux is back and we now have a baby dragon to raise
Plus we have the Kings council from all the towns-still getting a handle on that
See you game