• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event June 2013 Plans: To Crack an Egg

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event #1:
Name of event: A walk in the park
Description: Investigations into the Egg continue, Sage Nicosaen steps up his rhetoric.
Where: Castle Blackthorn
Date: 19th of June
Time: 8pm EST

---------------

Event #2:
Name of event: Practical Dragon Rearing
Description: The Egg Hatches!
Date: 24th of June
-------

Event #3:
Name of event: All the Kings Men.
Description: The Royal Council will have their first meeting with the King on the 29th of June at 8pm EST. All further meetings will take place the last Sunday of the Month at 8pm EST.
Date: 29th of June

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Event #1:
Name of event: A walk in the park
Description: Investigations into the Egg continue, Sage Nicosaen steps up his rhetoric.
Date: 19th of June

Well, I took some time to hit the coded tome just after the event ended and this is what I made of it.

The king's men seat in empty chairs the timekeeper fallen and set to rise again the xorinite will stalk him as he sleeps

The ankh will come sword and spell cutting all those down it can the chosen man called nicosaen plots the dragon he gifts

to our glorious lady our aid to him our lives for him for the dragon must not awake death to the ankh and the creation called sosaria

the ghosts of the past will rise against them called to her name from the void of memory to form they will rage raym will rise her

fury great mind wiped clean she will serve only oblivion oblivion oblivion oblivion ething

the people's last words will be ething

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok.... who is the her and the she? Should we be nervous?

Mind wanders....... Charlotte? Are they talking about Danica? Maybe I just need more coffee

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I solved it about 10:30 last night. Was fun to solve! :p

I got 'etheng' myself.

Good job Anora! :D

Last edited:

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I solved it earlier, but stratics was down. ; _;
Yeah, I figured you'd gotten it first considering you said you'd cracked the first page when I only had four letters figured out. I still don't get how this cipher works though. heh

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I figured you'd gotten it first considering you said you'd cracked the first page when I only had four letters figured out. I still don't get how this cipher works though. heh
This one was a keyword cypher, the keyword was Oblivion.

Im sure it was solved a different way though this time, I left the spaces in between the words to be nice :)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im sure it was solved a different way though this time, I left the spaces in between the words to be nice :)

Actually, I solved it pretty much the same way the last one was solved! Hehe.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Actually I solved quite a bit on my own, but yeah resorted to a different way to speed it up. It was the first apostrophe on the first page that got me thinking while the event was still going, and that KBDGDUDKJ on the 5th page.
I did use the "different way" after most of the first page was done, but I was off here and there. Thought I'd come clean. Using the "different" way didn't work in some cases though, as it would spit out some gibberish, like the last line. Some parts had what appeared to be typos which isn't uncommon when people use cyphers, so ething= ending was my train of thought.

Solving newspaper cryptoquotes/grams was a hobby for a time, but some games have a little cyphered up language too, probably one of the more "known" being Final Fantasy X which I wasn't a big fan of, but it's got that Al Bhed language; and in some cases they have to use misspelled words to remain true to the cypher, and sometimes they don't remain true to the cipher or don't use grammatically correct sentences. If memory serves I think Legacy of Kain had some, but on tombstones near the crypt you start at. Anyhow, it's interesting to see it used in an EM event and creative ^^. No spaces in one though, would probably wrack anyone's brain for a good while.

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I solved quite a bit on my own, but yeah resorted to a different way to speed it up. It was the first apostrophe on the first page that got me thinking while the event was still going, and that KBDGDUDKJ on the 5th page.
I did use the "different way" after most of the first page was done, but I was off here and there. Thought I'd come clean. Using the "different" way didn't work in some cases though, as it would spit out some gibberish, like the last line. Some parts had what appeared to be typos which isn't uncommon when people use cyphers, so ething= ending was my train of thought.

Solving newspaper cryptoquotes/grams was a hobby for a time, but some games have a little cyphered up language too, probably one of the more "known" being Final Fantasy X which I wasn't a big fan of, but it's got that Al Bhed language; and in some cases they have to use misspelled words to remain true to the cypher, and sometimes they don't remain true to the cipher or don't use grammatically correct sentences. If memory serves I think Legacy of Kain had some, but on tombstones near the crypt you start at. Anyhow, it's interesting to see it used in an EM event and creative ^^. No spaces in one though, would probably wrack anyone's brain for a good while.
I can dish out riddles and such.... but can't solve them for the life of me!! :)

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the awesome and THRILLING event Bennu. I enjoyed the story, the creatures, and even the annoying childish reds lol....
I died like 40 times but it all was fun and exciting. Thanks for this well planned event and I hope to purchase one of those nice runebooks. :)

Sheon.JPG