• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plea for Whale Instructions/Materials

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend is returning home soon and I really wanted to surprise her with a whale in her keep. However, after spending way too much time analyzing and visually dissecting the one remaining picture of Voluptuous' whale, and after purchasing and tinkering with many different materials, I still feel like I am very much confused as to what pieces were used in its creation.

Here is the link to the remaining picture: http://stratics.com/community/attachments/casstank-jpg.12551/

Since the whale is mostly in black it adds another tricky element to determining its parts. I did message Voluptuous and she was unable to remember entirely what she used, which is alright since I know it was quite some time ago. But now I open my quest up to the Homes and Castles community for assistance.

Thank you!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll see what I can do later this month when I have a few days to sit down and tinker. I have some ideas as to how that was done.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plea anwered... I can't really post a step by step but I can bring you. I did it all freehand in about an hour. I didn't use anything other than cloth, bagballs, tessen, gargish tessen, black dye tub, and white cloth dye tub. The stealable fans were used for the fins (I dyed them with natural black plant dye) I do realize it is not exact, however the look of kasa's have changed since this was built, too. What part are you stuck on?

http://i44.***********/2s638us.jpg

Last edited:

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plea anwered... I can't really post a step by step but I can bring you. I did it all freehand in about an hour. I didn't use anything other than cloth, bagballs, tessen, gargish tessen, black dye tub, and white cloth dye tub. The stealable fans were used for the fins (I dyed them with natural black plant dye) I do realize it is not exact, however the look of kasa's have changed since this was built, too. What part are you stuck on?

http://i44.***********/2s638us.jpg
I have three questions.

1) Where is this so I may come and copy it?

2) How did kasas used to look compared with today?

3) How did you dye the tessens true black?

THANK YOOUUUU. ^_^

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) It's not open to the public, but it's in my friends house because I had no open space.. My ICQ: 158026374, I'll take you.

2) Kasa's used to be larger! They have shrunk since.

3) Have black CLOTH in your backpack while crafting with Blacksmith :) They are the color the cloth is in the end hehe