• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CITY ELECTIONS ARE BROKEN

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who placed them as candidate, might want to check again if you still on the stone.

I placed myself on it right after server-up and i just checked again and i was no longer on the stone. I have redone my nomination. I have to keep a eye on it.

I had the same happen to my nominated char (Vesper/Trammel).

So I've done the nominee/endorsement twice now, and the char on the stone has disappeared for the second time... ! (I've done nominations between 10 and 11am CEST)

It is not working like it should be...

I have done the nominee/endorsement three times my self. I did once before server up, and twice after server up.

Sadly it's the weekend and we will probably go another 3 months without Governors lol

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once you have been nominated and endorsed, your name should show up as a candidate instead of a nominee.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you have been nominated and endorsed, your name should show up as a candidate instead of a nominee.

Yes it does but then it's gone later 30 minutes to an hour and poof you're no longer a candidate.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it does but then it's gone later 30 minutes to an hour and poof you're no longer a candidate.
Exactly.
And because of that the stone also rejects to "Withdraw" your nomination from the stone - because you are no candidate anymore.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have done the nominee/endorsement three times my self. I did once before server up, and twice after server up.

Sadly it's the weekend and we will probably go another 3 months without Governors lol
This issue should correct itself when it's no longer the 1st of June on your server's local time. Thanks for reporting this, we'll get it fixed for the next election cycle. This should have no bearing on the rest of the election.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a surprise! . Something that has been ages in starting isn't working as it should. Perhaps we should have waited 2 years.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a surprise! . Something that has been ages in starting isn't working as it should. Perhaps we should have waited 2 years.
I think it just keep restarting the election over and over as long its the 1st of June and cleaning the list with that.

Its only a small problem that will fix itself. But its always "heartwarming" to see the "kindness" of people like you that find it a"smart" idea to nitpick on anything. :p

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This issue should correct itself when it's no longer the 1st of June on your server's local time. Thanks for reporting this, we'll get it fixed for the next election cycle. This should have no bearing on the rest of the election.
Are we sure that is enough time? I mean the next election cycle is only 3 months away... you all have been working on this publish since what??? November?? and it still isn't working right?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't understand the answer. When should be put in our nominations?

atinycow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Look this isn't a big deal, we're just missing a flag that says "You've already cleared the election data today, no need to do it again!" so instead the code is just going "June first, time to start a new election!" every single time it runs. It's probably a five minute fix, but not worth anyone rushing into the office on Saturday, since the bug will end as soon as we hit June second anyway.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is City Loyalty back to decaying unless you log in each day now?

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be wrong about this, the post that was up in Dec (to lazy to look for it) state they will turn off decay for a few weeks over the holidays. It was for people to get out and enjoy the holidays or vacations. I think it was turned back on though.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think it has. I've logged onto characters after a week or more, yet get the "aligned" notice.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be wrong about this, the post that was up in Dec (to lazy to look for it) state they will turn off decay for a few weeks over the holidays. It was for people to get out and enjoy the holidays or vacations. I think it was turned back on though.

No, it still off. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this whole system is kind of dumb actually.
I find player killing dumb too but if people enjoy it , i let them enjoy it and don't give dumb remarks on it.
Things in UO are realy simple , if you don't like it, don't do them but let others enjoy what they want... its called freedom.

atinycow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's an excuse for the shard's EM to play pattycake with the usual suckups. They'll sit around and have little meetings and roleplay, and desperately try to convince themselves that the other 90 people in the room screaming "GIEV ITEM PLXZ" give a crap.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who find this dumb are free to ignore it -- if you find it dumb and still show up to grief, obstruct, and delay, it says something bad about you.

Roleplaying is a funny sort of thing. It's a niche market and something that way more people do than commonly is realized or considered, both at the same time.

-Galen's player

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's an excuse for the shard's EM to play pattycake with the usual suckups. They'll sit around and have little meetings and roleplay, and desperately try to convince themselves that the other 90 people in the room screaming "GIEV ITEM PLXZ" give a crap.

This is an MMORPG. You know, massively multiplayer online ROLEPLAYING game. Its more like you guys screaming "GIEV ITEM PLXZ" are confused and think that you are people to be given a crap about.

Last edited:

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No Way! Theres no way the chimps that develop the game now could continue to screw things up just like the chimps of old! I DONT BELIEVE IT!