• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Yoshi Events - Why are they not on stratics?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last time EM Yoshi was asked, he said that his event posts on atlantic.uoem.net would feed over to stratics. Well that is not the case as his schedule, posted on the 7th, is yet to appear here on the stratics forum.

Frankly, its a little annoying since every EM either has their events also posted on stratics, or just plain use stratics. Why is it an EM on the highest populated shard, cannot reach out to part of his community on Stratics like the rest of the EM's do?

Further more, I know many of us like using this forum to communicate with Bennu, and also use this as a way to immerse ourselves into the RP of it all. Why does Yoshi not want the same?

T

Tazar

Some shards are set up to feed automatically from the EM Websites - and others are not. It really depends on the Shard EM Choices. If I remember right - the decision was made a long time ago when Nestor was around - or maybe even before. If Bennu and Yoshi want to discuss it we can certainly make a change if they approve.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some shards are set up to feed automatically from the EM Websites - and others are not. It really depends on the Shard EM Choices. If I remember right - the decision was made a long time ago when Nestor was around - or maybe even before. If Bennu and Yoshi want to discuss it we can certainly make a change if they approve.
Yes I know this. What I am saying is, Yoshi was quoted in game to say that his events would start feeding over from the ATL site (Which is not currently happening).

The amount of shards that DONT have their EM's actually post on Stratics is quite low. The only ones I can think of are Pacific, Sonoma, Drach. Those 3 shards are purely Feeds off the EM site. (Not including asia + oceania).

Of those, Pacific has such EM upheaval, Sonoma is just 1 EM on a smaller shard, and Drach is a foreign language shard.

Atlantic has had some good EM's (well besides Thomas), so I guess I am just expecting Yoshi to be the same. I want more Bennu's, not faceless EM's. Tib was great, then he left, Promethium looked promising, but short lived, and I can go on and on and on.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First Yoshi event is on Tuesday, and his events are still not on stratics. Good to see he kept to his word

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Bennu and Yoshi want to discuss it we can certainly make a change if they approve.
I personally see no reason to clutter this forum with automatic updates, I am rather happy with the system we have used for the past 3+ years.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you feel there is an issue with any EM I encourage you to email Mesanna. [email protected]
Yea I know, I just hate having to go that far (Which I have now done).

I just feel that with a shard the size of Atlantic, its impossible to fully interact with your players at just the events. Alot of times, our RP'rs and others who get into the storylines are simply swamped with the other players who spam and just make it near impossible to get that personal interaction. Stratics provides that outlet, which we have seen in the past.

Besides, posting on a messageboard takes hardly any time =\

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just feel that with a shard the size of Atlantic, its impossible to fully interact with your players at just the events.
I fully agree with this statement and it is the main reason I make myself available here, via email, and in game chat both during events and outside of events.

The level of interaction, feedback and communication I get out of stratics is a major benefit to both myself and to the players.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since this thread was started I have been asked to set up such an rss feed, however I have been unable to do so.
If someone more conversant with rss feeds than I can tell me why I have been unable to obtain any information from the feed, I would be delighted to rectify the matter.
http://atlantic.uoem.net/

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ugh, this isnt what I wanted at all.

Im pushing for MORE in depth EM interaction, not just feeds that clutter the forum.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Come on Yoshi..... Come play with us :}

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since this thread was started I have been asked to set up such an rss feed, however I have been unable to do so.
If someone more conversant with rss feeds than I can tell me why I have been unable to obtain any information from the feed, I would be delighted to rectify the matter.
http://atlantic.uoem.net/
Yes I've been having issues with the RSS feed. It works OK in Google reader but since they are closing that down I have tried other various apps. None of them can pull the feed which is strange.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is now a moot point, please leave things as they are currently. Thank You.