• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Disco thrower.... Help needed

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning ladies and gentlemen,

I decided I wanted to give at least one element of the barding skills a try to start out and decided on a disco thrower. I have been training hard and have put my template on below.

(currently 107) 120 music
(currently 99.6) 120 Discord
throwing 120
tactics 120
85 anat
85 Healing
70 chiv

I have a set of jewels thats giving me hci/dci and bumping music/disco up to 120. Thing is I don't really know what to hunt, I have never had a thrower or a discombobulator before. Ispent several days making a nice suit and so far I have done nothing but train my skills. I used those abyss slime things up to GM tactics and anat then used ogrelords up to 120 ... I know I can kill those wthout even thinking lol. Last night I thought I would see how I went on agains't Navery, I ran in, Disoc - EoO - CW - AI great! 200+ damage and enough mana recovery/leech to keep spell song going... then i get webbed and chewed up... not cool...

I guess what I am asking is for all you Disco archer/throwers out there, what do you hunt and how do you go about it?

Thanks in advance. Jethro Tull.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if you cast consecrate weapon when you hear the web shooting sound you won't get caught in the web.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good question. I don't have a Gargoyle to try (can't stand the look of them!)
I Know, they are ugly as sin! and I bet they smell too!
I will have to look into it, I didn't know chiv spells interupted. Will have to start playing with volume on now..... I'll give it a try anyway. If i go there with a friend or 2 there is no issue but would be nice to be able to do solo.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of interest I saw your real disco skill was 99.6. Did this work ok when using on Navrey?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of interest I saw your real disco skill was 99.6. Did this work ok when using on Navrey?
Ooooh nonono Had to have jewels up to 120 on both and used a spider slayer.

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this template for a long time EXCEPT

120 Throw
100 music
100 disco
100 necro
120 tactics
100 anat
80 chiv

Vamp form. It worked FLAWLESSLY. I could solo pretty much anything with relative ease. Jewels were like 10music 10 disco 15hci 25DI each.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had this template for a long time EXCEPT

120 Throw
100 music
100 disco
100 necro
120 tactics
100 anat
80 chiv

Vamp form. It worked FLAWLESSLY. I could solo pretty much anything with relative ease. Jewels were like 10music 10 disco 15hci 25DI each.
Why 100 Necro?

EDIT: Didn't see the "Vamp Form". Whoops.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Does disco (in PvM) affect target's:
1. resists (a satyr reduce my resists)
2. hit points (20% less str means about 10% less hp when I disco'ed)