• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

built in stone ovens

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this no longer possible? I used to have a stone oven with a wall in front of it that disappeared so it looked as if the stone oven was in the wall. Looked very nice, but after I customized something in my house it disappeared and I can't get it the way I had it before. Also noticed that I was no longer able to place a ladder in a spot that was fine before.

Haven't played for a a year or so...:)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this no longer possible? I used to have a stone oven with a wall in front of it that disappeared so it looked as if the stone oven was in the wall. Looked very nice, but after I customized something in my house it disappeared and I can't get it the way I had it before. Also noticed that I was no longer able to place a ladder in a spot that was fine before.

Haven't played for a a year or so...:)

If you mean this:

It may be still possible. This is a 2 tile add on.

Remove the walls around and above the oven.
Place a couple gozas where you want the oven to place and raise them at least 2 tiles.
Place the oven on the gozas and lower one of the gozas until the oven "breaks" (You will see what I mean when it happens.)
Lock down both of the oven pieces. You will get a locked down message when you do this.
Go back into custom mode and replace the walls you removed. While in custom mode, the oven should still be visible as you placed it.
Commit your house design and head back to the oven with your deco tool.
Now you should be able to lower the oven section back down to line up with the other.
Once the pieces are lined up and the oven becomes whole again, you can not raise or lower each piece separately. So be sure you have one piece of the oven lowered or raised where you like. Then adjust the height of the 2nd piece to align.

It has been years since I built this home. So if you try this, let me know if it still works. Good luck!

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for you reply.

Uhm I sortof copied parts of your house, coz I really liked the fishing shack. I tried the above method, but now, the stone oven is redeeded to a stone oven if you align both parts up. Even if you broke them. If you don't line them up, it's bye bye oven. It seems that if you made it a while ago it just stays up, but it went poof after I made some alterations to another part of my house.

It might still work the way your house is. My oven was facing east on a west wall. Which would mean that you can't really stand or place an item behind it. However it did work before. I am going try moving the oven and see if it works then.

Thanks for sharing your house btw, I really enjoyed my fishing shack :)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for you reply.

Uhm I sortof copied parts of your house, coz I really liked the fishing shack. I tried the above method, but now, the stone oven is redeeded to a stone oven if you align both parts up. Even if you broke them. If you don't line them up, it's bye bye oven.
Yup, I just got off tc. It looks like they changed this. Even if broken pieces are locked down, they are destroyed when going into custom mode. Ugh that really messes up things for me. But I'm thankful you only lost an oven. I'm glad that I didn't try to customize my houses which all heavily used this trick. Still this is extremely frustrating.

There may be another way to pull this off if your oven is on the second floor. Pieces can be raised up through floors. So if you could remove the floor tiles abve the oven, break the oven them raise the pieces from the second floor, they should raise up high enough to work for you.

Last edited:

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, I just got off tc. It looks like they changed this. Even if broken pieces are locked down, they are destroyed when going into custom mode. Ugh that really messes up things for me. But I'm thankful you only lost an oven. I'm glad that I didn't try to customize my houses which all heavily used this trick. Still this is extremely frustrating.

There may be another way to pull this off if your oven is on the second floor. Pieces can be raised up through floors. So if you could remove the floor tiles abve the oven, break the oven them raise the pieces from the second floor, they should raise up high enough to work for you.
That might work, might try that later on. The only good thing about the change I've noticed so far is that now it seems you can suspend stuff in mid-air. I have a grave on my 3rd floor which gave the illusion as if it was sitting next to my house on ground level. Before I needed grass tiles to support it, but now I don't.

Thanks for testing, now I know for sure it was the publish, not me :)

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That might work, might try that later on. The only good thing about the change I've noticed so far is that now it seems you can suspend stuff in mid-air. I have a grave on my 3rd floor which gave the illusion as if it was sitting next to my house on ground level. Before I needed grass tiles to support it, but now I don't.

Thanks for testing, now I know for sure it was the publish, not me :)

You are welcome. I did go to the bugs forum and report this issue. Misk replied today that it was already in the system:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/please-re-bug-this-multi-tile-add-ons.298656/

SO eventually we may see this added back in. If you get stuck raising that oven let me know. Items raise relative to the Z axis that your char occupies. So something raised as high as it can go on the floor your standing on, will raise higher if you move up to the next floor. Or if you are out of floors, throw down a ladder, climb it and continue to raise the object.

Last edited: