• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] SO... duped Items and vendors!

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have got a "real" +20 stealth cloak , just placed it on a vendor to see it its "duped" and it went on.
But a slither i own doesnt :<< not that i was going to sell it anyway, so no issues.

So who esle has "real" items that were heavy duped?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not tried any items myself yet. I think its pretty funny to see a lot of cheap slithers on the market now!

dennislcf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i put 2 of my non-replica stealth cloak and 1 of non-replica chief helm on my vendor and nothing happened
i didnt try my another non-replica yet

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my Tangle's won't go on the vendor which is odd because it is the one that I got from Mel. My CC I got from Dreadhorn is fine though. Is it possible that transferring could cause an item that isn't duped to act like it is duped?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a shame that event items don't seem to have been included from reports so far. I hope they'll add that in as soon as possible if indeed it was left out.

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's the purpose of this vendor thing since they didn't add to the system event items which are the most valuable and obviously duped items in game? lol...

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's the purpose of this vendor thing since they didn't add to the system event items which are the most valuable and obviously duped items in game? lol...
Serverbirths are worth more than event items.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because UO store does not sell event items

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the only people who will basically get hurt by this vendor bs will be
1)traders like me who bought during xfers their items to resell them in vendors to make profit(lost about 100m of "duped" items in my atl vendors). And don't say you know they were duped because it's not true : a lot of shards are much cheaper than others.
2)"normal" players who bought "duped" stuff that now is basically worthless if they wanna resell them.
Instead of carrying on legal actions agains those sites they keep hurting the player base imho.
Real dupers and site owners could care less about this new vendor rule since they will keep selling their unlimited gold and items to casual players who doesn't really care about reselling them.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my Tangle's won't go on the vendor which is odd because it is the one that I got from Mel. My CC I got from Dreadhorn is fine though. Is it possible that transferring could cause an item that isn't duped to act like it is duped?
Getting a Tangle from a Mel is odd enough on its own. :)

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is more an assumption, that basically is knowing, than actually KNOWing, as people own more than one copy of a 1 of 1 item.
Another is, if the vendor says it is duped (Still not sure on this)

I've noticed a lot of slithers on the market because someone whos been farming long has started to sell :p (Cheers!)

However I would like to note, I've noticed that if I transfer a lot with an item, in my bag, in a bag (not sure if being double bagged makes a difference but this is how I transfer things [Makes it more sorted]) after four transfers or more, sometimes I get the message when trying to sell that item, that it is dupe. When I for one know for a fact that I had gotten that item, and have put it on a Vendor before.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The current dupe detection system does not appear to be working as intended for rares and event items. Several items that are proven dupes (was only item given and now multiples exist) are able to be placed on a vendor. There is no sure fire method at the moment for rares and event items except community knowledge/experience. If you ever have a question about an item, just post about it and ask. Folks will give their opinions fairly openly on this subject. In my opinion... It is safe to assume almost everything has been duped. Just do some research on how often it comes up for sale vs how many dropped to get an idea as to how badly it was.

Now keep in mind, the above doesn't apply to items referred to as doggy dupes. Those are a different subject together and are specific items that resemble event items in appearance, but have had their name defaulted. Those items are not allowed to be sold on this forum. These items include glacial spellbooks, glacial dagger, ethereal clothing and many more items. If it has a special color and no formal name... chances are it is in this category. You can always ask for identification of these here, but you may not sell/buy.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a thought, maybe item dupe detection was related to the database upgrade last year. The system will be able to detect dupes from that point forward. But the old dupes can't be caught as the system saw them as legitimate when it was implemented.