• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81 on TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Devs
2013 Feb 04 15:30 GMT
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to take a few moments to address the Publish 81 Weapon and Armor changes on TC1. Please understand this was put on TC1 over a month ahead of a normal publish because the changes are so extensive that we wanted your feedback. We appreciate your constructive feedback as to why you like or dislike the changes to Armor and Weapons.

We have no intentions of releasing these changes to production as they are. Right now we are compiling your feedback that is on Stratics and from the feedback emails. We expect to make several changes before this is actually released to all shards.

Bleak currently has on a fire proof suit so have at him =)

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer UO

Continue reading...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must say, the idea of having heavy armor reduce stam loss is still a neat take on the heavy armor. If heavy armor could completely negate stamina loss, then it would have its major use, where light armor would have its medable use. But soemthing would need to be done about the other various armors, like why would I use studded or bone over plate? there would be no reason as it currently sat.

So much of the other stuff though is just soo overdone and complicated.

I'm not specifically seeing anything wrong with what was done to the different weapons and damages, and specials. HOWEVER, those changes do not make the currently unused weapons used, it will still be the same problem. Base speeds on NON-ranged weapons need brought down across the board to make them competitive.As mentioned, so many macing weapons are just enarly unusable because you can't swing them fast enough. if someone doesn't have the ability to swing something at cap, they generally don't use it (ranged is a different animal). The faster weapons tend to have the better compliment of specials, where heavier weapons have the damage and one good, sometimes 2 good specials. This might be something to consider.

A perk also needs to be added for 2-handed weapons, if not a perk, then allowing potion usage or something. 2-handed weapons go heavily unused in pvp, and a way to use them without hurting yourself would be nice. I don't think the "balanced" mod would make them used.

Obviously some of the changes to throwing/gargoyles were well received.. i think the whole confusing system of the "sweet spot" for throwing just needs to be abolished. the damage changes and loss of 5 hci should be enough to nerf the thrower.

the whole idea of a 10sec cooldown on stam pots is horrible, end of story there. a lesser cooldown wouldn't be so bad, like 0 and 2 sec or something.

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And are we to expect some information on these changes? This message would imply that most of the ideas put forth are to go in with "tweaks".

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something that might be neat, would be for fencing weapons to have a small, say 5% chance to have a critical strike, swords, maybe 5% chance to double strike, macing, maybe 5% chance to stun or something. Then 2 handed weapons have a higher chance, and the slower the weapon, the better the chance. This might even make dexers more viable instead of feeling the need to have a ranged weapon compliment to compete.

Maybe like

100+ Fencing - 5% chance to critical strike
100+ Swords - 5% chance to double strike
100+ Macing - 5% chance to stun

2 Handed weapons add 2%

weapons above 3sec base speed could be considered a "slow" weapon, and add another 3% chance.

For a total possibility of 10%?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the best would be to allow drinking of potions with 2 handed weapons but when you do you skip your next swing.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about adding armor break back to macing..but instead of breaking the armor you have a 2%-5% chance of dropping durability by 5 per proc

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about adding new hit spells to weapons,like necro ,mystic and weave would be kool to have a mace that hits bombard maybe like slower 2-handed weapons could have stronger spells maybe even area spells

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you make imbued items any amunt of properties? like keep the cap at 500(if ya want) but can have 7 properties, so say you make dragon scale armor get a bonus (maybe red would give fire resonance 5%) then you could still imbue it up 5 properties, then enhance it if you wanted to risk it but give ingots a small property as well(val ingots should give a nice property or maybe random like heartwood does)

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And are we to expect some information on these changes? This message would imply that most of the ideas put forth are to go in with "tweaks".
Not picking on Picus here.
It occurred to me, as I read this post and several others like it, that interpreting communications from the Dev's is a bit like interpreting announcements released from the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank.

There is a Wiki on the subject entitled "Fedspeak." Ironically, if one substitutes the terms Fed, chairman, and monetary policy with Dev Team, Mesanna, and publish notes, a UO player can see exactly how communication and interpretation is accomplished between the dev's and the players.

The original post of this thread appears straightforward and relatively clear, but players are so accustom to interpreting the nuanced vagueries embedded in even the most innocuous attempts at dev communication it has become difficult, if not impossible to tell when words mean what they say or when they mean what they don't say.

For my part, I am having trouble figuring out what the problem or problems were these changes are supposedly addressing. It seems many players wanted to be able to wear different kinds of armor previously made useless because of leather's inherent resist superiority. Still others wanted to make useless weapons useful again, while not ruining the utility of currently useful ones. Last there was some noise about throwing being a little over powered that needed brief attention -at most. How, exactly, are the proposed changes addressing these concerns?

I started playing UO 2 years ago this past January. Yes, I know, I'm a noob and my opinion here doesn't count because I can't even ride an ethy llama or use a runebook dye tub.
I attempted to make a dexer a while back and gave up. It's way too complicated trying to squeeze essential skill points and an expensive suit into a character. I have no desire to spend my time pouring over excel spreadsheets trying to figure out how to imbue. I have an imbuer now, but she only makes jewelry because armor is too much work -RIGHT NOW!

All of my characters are mages except one unfinished archer. What can I say, I thought archery would be pretty cool. It isn't and it appears it might get a little worse.

I would love to make a swordswoman or a fencing guy, but like I said, too complicated. Now, as I read the pub 81 notes, I can see I will likely never make a dexer. More formulas and calculations on top of formulas and calculations is NOT my idea of having a good time.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I know some people think dexers just click a mouse and push a band-aid button, but I have nothing but respect for those that can put together a cool dex character. It's not easy.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor should be simple(Kinda)

Cloth- (Add More Cloth Options)
Resist cap
-Physical-55
-Elemental-85
Special
- Magical Absorbtion 4%
- -3% Defense Chance
- -4 Str +4 Dex +7 int
Leather (Medable)
Resist caps
-Physical-60
-Elemental-75
Special
- Magical Absorption 2%
- -2% Defense Chance
- -2 Str +2 Dex +5 Int

Leather NoN Med
Resist caps
-Physical-65
-Elemental-65
Special
- 1% Magical Absorption/2% Reflect Physical
- -1 Str +3 Dex +2 Int

Dragon Armor
Resist caps
-Physical-60
-Elemental-80
Special
-Add's 2% Eater on Enhancment
(Black=Kinetic Red=Fire Blue=Cold Green=Poison White=Energy Yellow=Damage Sea Serpent=Random 3% Eater)
- +3 Str -3 Dex +3 Int

Bone/Wood
Resist caps
-Physical-70
-Elemental-65
Special
- Adds +5% Reflect Physical
- +4 Str -4 Dex -3 Int

Metal(Chain,Ringmail)
Resist caps
-Physical- 75
-Elemental-60
Special
- -2% Swing Speed
- +5% Damage Increase
- +5 Str -3 Dex -4 Int

Plate
Resist caps
-Physical-85
-Elemental-60
Special
- -3% Swing Speed Increase
- +10 Damage Increase
- +7 Str -4 Dex -5 Int

All stats are for full suits 5 Pieces (excluding headpiece)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how about adding new hit spells to weapons,like necro ,mystic and weave would be kool to have a mace that hits bombard maybe like slower 2-handed weapons could have stronger spells maybe even area spells
oh my god...

that'd be pretty awesome, hit bombard, hit poison strike, hit strangle... lol

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about adding armor break back to macing..but instead of breaking the armor you have a 2%-5% chance of dropping durability by 5 per proc
Durability & Stamina damage was never removed from Macing, it's still noticeable.

The only difference now, is that you can see the durability of an item. you had no way of knowing the exact numbers pre AoS, you were also not warned when "your equipment is severely damaged".

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hell looking at some calculators, i think base damage should be raised on all non ranged weapons across the board, even if just by a point or two, and the subsequently dropping the base speeds a bit.

I was looking at a maul having double strike now. So with 120 tact, anat, 100di, and 150 str versus someone with 70 in that resist type, its still only doing like 17 points a hit, so if the double strike landed (if) it would just do 34ish points. its still better to consistently just use AI over and over for the guaranteed 35 points (assuming ur dmg is setup right) and not hassle with maxed out skills and damages.

If everything had a little boost, it would work out better. Honestly, i don't bother playing any type of dexer anymore except something with range (throwing or archery), because people just run off screen too fast and moving shot almost becomes a neccesity. Damage boosts could make up that difference. anymore its my thrower or my scribe mages, which both can easily out class any non ranged dexer.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must say, the idea of having heavy armor reduce stam loss is still a neat take on the heavy armor. If heavy armor could completely negate stamina loss, then it would have its major use, where light armor would have its medable use. But soemthing would need to be done about the other various armors, like why would I use studded or bone over plate? there would be no reason as it currently sat.

So much of the other stuff though is just soo overdone and complicated.
If the Armor situation stays as is on TC1, you get for a 5pc set...

*There are no numbers on the Stamina loss protection.
Mana Phasing is capped at 15% when taking damage, you have a chance to be effected by Mana Phasing. Which makes your next 2 mana consuming attacks/spells cost 0 mana until you deal damage. every 30 seconds it can be triggered.

Metal Armor = highest Stamina loss protection. & 1% Mana Phasing per piece.
Wood/Stone = Moderate Stamina Loss protection, & 2% Mana Phasing per piece
Non-med Leather = Low Stamina Loss protection, & 3% Mana Phase per piece

If the numbers on the whole stamina loss protection were mentioned it would be a lot easier to test. but IMO it should be something like this. (since they capped it at per piece at 5 pieces in a set)

Metal = 18% Stamina Protection = 90% Stamina Protection in a 5pc Metal Armor sets.
Wood/Stone = 15% Stamina Protection = 75% Stamina protection in a 5pc Wood/Stone armor sets.
Non-med Leather/Bone = 12% Stamina Protection = 60% Stamina protection in a 5pc Studded, Hide, & Bone armor sets.
Med-able Armor = 8% Stamina Protection = 40% protection in a 5pc med-able set.
It only makes sense that all armor should protect against stamina loss at least a little, as opposed to not wearing armor at all.

Remove the Stamina Protection bonus Humans get from the "Toughness" racial ability.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove the Stamina Protection bonus Humans get from the "Toughness" racial ability.
Ya I would have thought this would have went to Garg to make up for losing HCI.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor should be simple(Kinda)
God yes.... when a newish player asks the perfectly reasonable question 'what sort of armour should I be looking to get' I'd love to be able to give an understandable answer, not try link him to spreadsheets, forum posts and statistical analyses....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I would have thought this would have went to Garg to make up for losing HCI.
I am curious if gargs lost the 50 cap or the +5 bonus or both... For example.. if the new cap is 45 (which it should be) do I only need 40 on my gear?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. Humans are already severely outclassed by Elves and Gargoyles for just about everything.
Elves make better Mages because of higher Mana. They make for better Warriors because of higher Mana, higher Energy Resist, and the ability to wear Woodland Armor. Elves also make better gatherers because of higher chance for special ore/wood.

Gargoyles make better Mages because of higher MR from Mystic Insight and SDI from Berserk. They make for better Warriors because of +5% HCI/HCI Cap from Deadly Aim, higher MR from Mystic Insight, Dam Inc from Berserk, and the ability to wear Gargish Platemail, which is absolutely superior to all other forms of Armor for Resists. They make better crafters too, since they get a bonus to Imbuing/Unravelling. Plus, with 40.0 Mysticism from Mystic Insight and some Focus skill, they can even cast Enchant Weapon to put 40%+ Hit Lightning on their wep.

Humans, all they have is a severely nerfed JoAT and they get +10% more Leather from skinning, that's about it. Humans used to be better for Warriors with less than 300 skillpoints that count towards the Special Move Mana Reduction, since 120 Wep Skill+JoAT used to be enough to get the -10 Mana Cost to Specials, but then they nerfed that and it no longer counts.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I liked the good/evil system from siege perilous better than order/chaos - it's similar but with cooler stuff - hehe

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was hoping that we would see some back and forth from the team but this was the only posting related to the topic for the whole day, huge freaking fail. I've lost hope that these jokers have any idea what UO was and they are doing thier best to convert it to the last RPG game they played on the N64.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've just gotta reiterate, really sitting here thinking this, how much non-range dexers really need some love, and if there was ever an opportunity, here it is. Pure mages got it not long ago, which really tipped some tides (if a dexer misses twice i can drop them in one combo on a scribe mage).

Especially when you consider they have to be right next to you, in a game dominated by running and range (archers, throwers, casters) With the damage a scribe can pump out, and what a thrower and archer can do, i think adding bigger base damage with less base speeds would be a worthwhile and exciting addition to the standard dexer.

Its just funny, on my mage if i get low against a dexer, i can just run circles around him, and wait for the heal pot or healing stone timer. Knowing full well if i cast he might catch me and die, i just run circles. Its too easy.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've just gotta reiterate, really sitting here thinking this, how much non-range dexers really need some love, and if there was ever an opportunity, here it is. Pure mages got it not long ago, which really tipped some tides (if a dexer misses twice i can drop them in one combo on a scribe mage).

Especially when you consider they have to be right next to you, in a game dominated by running and range (archers, throwers, casters) With the damage a scribe can pump out, and what a thrower and archer can do, i think adding bigger base damage with less base speeds would be a worthwhile and exciting addition to the standard dexer.

Its just funny, on my mage if i get low against a dexer, i can just run circles around him, and wait for the heal pot or healing stone timer. Knowing full well if i cast he might catch me and die, i just run circles. Its too easy.
Yeah, melee Warriors have it tough when it comes to PvM or PvP nowadays. Like you said, all a Mage/Archer/Thrower has to do is keep more than 1 tile between him and the Warrior, and they can bandy/pot right back to full when they get low. Not to mention 2H Weps for melee Warriors are awful, not only do they give up a shield, but they also don't do that much damage, are slow, and you can't chug with them. An Archer's weps are 2H, but they can hit hard with them (Especially with Hit Velocity/Hit Lightning combo), hit fast with some of them, can chug with them if Balanced, and they can hit anything within 10 tiles of them.
When it comes to PvM like EM Events, Melee Warriors just flat out get slaughtered the very moment they try to engage in melee with the boss, especially if it has heavy AoE abilities. All the while, Mages and Archers/Thrower can stand back and deal damage with little risk to themselves.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, melee Warriors have it tough when it comes to PvM or PvP nowadays. Like you said, all a Mage/Archer/Thrower has to do is keep more than 1 tile between him and the Warrior, and they can bandy/pot right back to full when they get low. Not to mention 2H Weps for melee Warriors are awful, not only do they give up a shield, but they also don't do that much damage, are slow, and you can't chug with them. An Archer's weps are 2H, but they can hit hard with them (Especially with Hit Velocity/Hit Lightning combo), hit fast with some of them, can chug with them if Balanced, and they can hit anything within 10 tiles of them.
When it comes to PvM like EM Events, Melee Warriors just flat out get slaughtered the very moment they try to engage in melee with the boss, especially if it has heavy AoE abilities. All the while, Mages and Archers/Thrower can stand back and deal damage with little risk to themselves.
Definitely, and with them actual beginning a new system for arms and armor, it would be the ideal time to just give the regular melee chars a boost. there really isn't much point of playing a straight melee char these days that doesn't at least also have throwing or archery.

And i don't think the answer is nerfing ranged skills into oblivion, archery is fine, throwing needs a nerf to the soul glaive and the 50hci cap, and that god awful system of "sweet spots" removed. But ranged still keeps its most viabile ability, doing big damage while staying away from the target. If anything, i think archery should keep the ened for the "Balanced" mod, but make it require like 50 intensity, 100 maximum. not 150.. Throwing damage, essentially, is where melee damage should be, and archery should meet it. Melee damage should exceed it, because they have to get within 1 tile to do anything about it!

Mages recently got their boost and have been ultra competitive, if not the most viable.

hit point regen suits, pots, cleansing winds, protection-stone form, you name it. so many temps/classes whatever you want to call it have gotten more damage, better healing, and more defensive prowess, while melee has sat back and waited. And i don't consider poisoning the "boost". not everyone wants to be a poisoner.

Time for a boost!!! I kind of miss playing melee chars, and to be honest, i'm tired of taking them to the woodshed on a mage or a thrower. Give them something worthwhile!

Last edited:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By "several changes" you had better mean "throw the entire thing out and start over from scratch" because this thing is wall-to-wall fail as it stands.

i pray to god, they dont do anything with TOTAL refresh pots. I am going to reiterate how important these are to people who live in felluca most of the time. Or do everything in felluca. DO devs even realize or take into account spawns, champ spawns, dungeons, people could just lure spawn to a entrance and you would not get through. SPecially if you were a mage or someone without focus.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd think you might be better off as a mage at the very least you MIGHT get a tele off while every other player is done if the spawn is more than two tiles deep. A samp might be lucky if they had a AE weapon and a lucky WW, same for a necro with wither but save for that it's over.

Could you just imagine what defending a harrower could look like? :eek:

My pvp guys NEVER leave the house with less than 30 total refresh pots and I normally chug all of them in a decent fight as it stands already, I can't think of what this patch might do.

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds encouraging but what exactly is the mana phase trigger?

If I am reading it correctly my warrior in full plate will have up to a 15% max chance to get a manafree special move for a 10 second period? But this can only be happen if I take damage? And when I do get one of these to trigger I cannot possibly get another to trigger for another half minute minimum and then there is only a 15% chance at that so most likely it will be another 45 seconds or so on average?
So as a warrior I should kinda want to take damage so I can get enough mana to deal damage?
And does the damage trigger have to be from another player? Will people try to get around this by popping a trapped crate to trigger a mana phase?

Assuming this is close to correct btw is this intended to counter the fact that warriors may no longer effectively be able to wear medable armor if they want to keep ssi up?

Can this random mana phase possibly replace the current steady mana you get from medable armor? Mana you get without having to take damage?

And can all of the above steps to keep stamina/ssi up be nullified simply by the random chance of hitting a defender wearing a certain kind of armor which will nullify all of my ssi for 5 seconds?

Thanks in advance.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget "hit Purge", that would fix mysticism.
Well hell lets add SW spells and have "hit summon Fey"

***EDIT*** This is what I call sarcasm.

but then again that could be cool. All of the sudden 6 pixies pop out at you.

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play on Siege where there´s push-through everywhere. I don´t use pots and have no real problem with it, be it adventuring, PvMing or PvPing.

Have I died because of it? Yes.
Have I died many times because of it? No.

Not saying Yay or Nay to the change, just giving some feedback on how I manage without refresh pots.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a quest from Pepta, the Royal Taste Tester, to be able to make her Satiety Cure. I think you have to give her 2 tribal berries and 1 fresh ginger root. She's in the Britain castle kitchen on most shards or at the Cat's Lair Tavern on Siege. I've never completed the quest or tried the "cure," but I think it's supposed to make your character "less full" and able to eat again.
Cool idea but since the anount of food eaten even with the quest could not possibly replace the amount of stamina lost its kinda moot.

I have no idea what playerftw was thinking when he suggested food consumption as any kind of actual gameplay workaround for the proposed crippling stam nerfs.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People seem to forget that there's another consumable that restores Stamina, and weighs alot less than Total Refresh Pots...Fish Steaks.
till your full? that will last 10 seconds and not work again for what an hour?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what makes this worse, is a option around it could be adding chiv, well they nerfed chiv too, HAHA
waytogodevs! :gun:

while your at it, lets put additional timer on casting spells too? LOL...

LEAVE STAMINA POTS ALONE

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd think you might be better off as a mage at the very least you MIGHT get a tele off while every other player is done if the spawn is more than two tiles deep. A samp might be lucky if they had a AE weapon and a lucky WW, same for a necro with wither but save for that it's over.

Could you just imagine what defending a harrower could look like? :eek:

My pvp guys NEVER leave the house with less than 30 total refresh pots and I normally chug all of them in a decent fight as it stands already, I can't think of what this patch might do.
dont even matter if you pvp.
just go do something with monsters in a dungeon or in t2a
constant stuck

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pub 82
- Fish steaks will now weigh 8 stones per and can only be carried in stacks of ten, once eaten they cannot be eaten again for 3 days.
- Pepta's Satiety Cure can only be consumed once per week and the quest can only be done once per shard.
- Screw you stupid dexxers.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Pub 82
- Fish steaks will now weigh 8 stones per and can only be carried in stacks of ten, once eaten they cannot be eaten again for 3 days.
- Pepta's Satiety Cure can only be consumed once per week and the quest can only be done once per shard.
I LOL`d at that.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what makes this worse, is a option around it could be adding chiv, well they nerfed chiv too, HAHA

LEAVE STAMINA POTS ALONE

Lol.. "You cannot cast Fireball for another: 11 Seconds."

"You cannot cast Paralyze for another 87 Seconds."

"You cannot cast Flamestrike for another: 47 Seconds"

Oh my god what a horrible joke that would be.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pub 82
-Once disarmed you cannot arm again for 13 weeks, and you are banished to the life of a farmer as depicted by Dodge in the superbowl commercial.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

LEAVE STAMINA POTS ALONE
True, Devine Fury should be changed back to the way it worked when it was released... It takes mana to use, it has a cast time, it Should be better than a refresh potion. except it also comes with a DCI Penalty...

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weapon Revamp

All weapons have now been normalized based on weapon speed and handedness.

Mace:
  • Gargish Tessen & Tessen, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Wild Staff, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Quarter Staff, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Glass Staff, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Nunchaku, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Tetsubo, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Club, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Disc Mace, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Mace, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Shepherd's Crook, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Wand, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Black Staff, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • War Axe, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Diamond Mace, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Gargish Gnarled Staff & Gnarled Staff, Base damage 15-18 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Sledge Hammer, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Smith's Hammer, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Gargish Maul & Maul, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Serpentstone Staff, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Scepter, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Hammer Pick, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Gargish War Hammer & War Hammer, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • War Mace, Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4 seconds
Fencing:
  • Gargish Kryss & Kryss, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Bloodblade, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Gargish Tekagi & Tekagi, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Sai, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Assassin Spike, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Gargish Dagger & Dagger, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Short Spear, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Kama, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Shortblade, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Dual Pointed Spear, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Double Bladed Staff, Base damage 11-14 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • War Cleaver, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Gargish War Fork & War Fork, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds 2.5
  • Pitchfork, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Elven Spellblade, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Spear, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Leafblade, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Gargish Pike & Pike, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Lajatang, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Lance & Lance, Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.25 seconds
Axes:
  • Hatchet, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Gargish Axe & Axe, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Dual Short Axes, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Executioner's Axe, Base damage 15-18 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Double Axe, Base damage 15-18 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Battle Axe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Battle Axe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Two-Handed Axe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Ornate Axe, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Large Battle Axe, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
Swords:
  • Bokuto, Base damage 10-12 / Weapon Speed 2 seconds
  • Butcher Knife & Gargish Butcher Knife, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Skinning Knife, Base damage 10-13 / Weapon Speed 2.25 seconds
  • Cleaver & Gargish Cleaver, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Cutlass, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Gargish Katana & Katana, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Crescent Blade, Base damage 12-15 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Radiant Scimitar, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Wakizashi, Base damage 10-14 / Weapon Speed 2.5 seconds
  • Glass Sword, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Elven Machete, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Daisho & Gargish Daisho, Base damage 13-16 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Bladed Staff, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Pickaxe, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Scimitar, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Rune Blade, Base damage 14-17 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Bone Harvester & Gargish Bone Harvester, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Broadsword, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Longsword, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Scythe & Scythe, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • No-Dachi, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Dread Sword, Base damage 14-18 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Gargish Talwar, Base damage 16-19 / Weapon Speed 3.5 seconds
  • Stone War Sword, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Viking Sword, Base damage 15-19 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Bardiche & Gargish Bardiche, Base damage 17-20 / Weapon Speed 3.75 seconds
  • Halberd, Base damage 17-21 / Weapon Speed 4 seconds
  • Paladin Sword, Base damage 20-24 / Weapon Speed 5 seconds
Bows:
  • Repeating Crossbow, Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Magical Shortbow, Base damage 12-16 / Weapon Speed 3 seconds
  • Yumi, Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Elven Composite Longbow, Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4 seconds
  • Bow, Base damage 17-21 / Weapon Speed 4.25 seconds
  • Composite Bow, Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.5 seconds
  • Crossbow, Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.5 seconds
  • Heavy Crossbow, Base damage 20-24 / Weapon Speed 5 seconds
Throwing:
  • Boomerang: Base damage 11-15 / Weapon Speed 2.75 seconds
  • Cyclone: Base damage 13-17 / Weapon Speed 3.25 seconds
  • Soul Glaive: Base damage 18-22 / Weapon Speed 4.5 seconds
Weapon Special Move Changes

• Disarm, now applies a 10 second disarm immunity timer when performed using weapons. Wrestling moves are not subject to the immunity timer.
  • Double Strike/Double Shot, now have a 15% hit chance increase on the second hit attempt.
  • Mortal Strike, now grants eight second effect reduction once removed by non consumable and talisman items. Attempts to reapply Mortal Strike while the player is under effect reduction will scale the duration base on the last successful Mortal Strike.
  • Bleed, now grants five second effect reduction once removed. Attempts to reapply Bleed while the player is under effect reduction will scale the duration base on the last successful Bleed.
Combat changes:

• The Gargoyle race hit chance increase cap has been reduced from 50 to 45. *Only needs 40% from items to be at 45%*
  • Ninjitsu: animal form can now be interrupted while casting.
  • Necromancy: Evil Omen will have no effect on the Magery spells Poison & Paralyze this will remove the guaranteed lethal poisons and being paralyzed while having 120 Resisting spells.
  • Mysticism: Remove the area effect of Hail Storm make it a single target spell.
  • Mysticism: Mass Sleep will will have a cool down timer of 60 seconds.
  • Two Handed Weapons can now be imbued with the balance property
  • Two Handed Weapons Imbuing cap raised to 600%
  • Two Handed Weapons can be imbued with 6 properties

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool idea but since the anount of food eaten even with the quest could not possibly replace the amount of stamina lost its kinda moot.

I have no idea what playerftw was thinking when he suggested food consumption as any kind of actual gameplay workaround for the proposed crippling stam nerfs.
It uses 10 Stamina to push through something in Fel. You need full Stamina to push through something. Fish Steaks restore 4 Stamina, weigh 1/10 Stone, and you can eat about 13-16 before you get "completely full". You can use Pepta's Satiety Cure to make yourself "extremely hungry" again when you get full. Push through something, eat 3 Fish Steaks, push through another, eat some more, repeat. Cheese Wheels work even better, but you can't craft/buy those, they can only be made with the Create Food spell or looted.

Last edited: