• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

7 day rule for housing? what is it?

Sariah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Have placed a small house but would like to resize. Was reading about a 7 day rule for housing, can't find anything on it. Can someone explain whether I can resize my house now or do I have to wait 7 days???

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can resize your house, just stand under the sign and say I wish to resize my house. Make sure it's empty, as it will remove your current house and block house placement for anyone but you for an hour. Then just us your tool to replace the house the size you desire. If you don't like what you resized, you have to wait an hours do it again. The 7 day rule is for placing another home, or trading for another. Sometimes there is a bug if you try to resize right after placement, so it's good to wait till after the next server up.

Sariah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can resize your house, just stand under the sign and say I wish to resize my house. Make sure it's empty, as it will remove your current house and block house placement for anyone but you for an hour. Then just us your tool to replace the house the size you desire. If you don't like what you resized, you have to wait an hours do it again. The 7 day rule is for placing another home, or trading for another. Sometimes there is a bug if you try to resize right after placement, so it's good to wait till after the next server up.
Ok, so I originally placed last Thursday. Not sure when the next server up was/is. Am new to the game. Do you think it's safe to resize now?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I originally placed last Thursday. Not sure when the next server up was/is. Am new to the game. Do you think it's safe to resize now?
Yes, you can resize now. The servers go through maintenance every morning, usually sometime between 5-7am local server time. Server up is usually 15-30 minutes after the server goes down.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I understood this. But why do they allow my account to place a new home, but they won't let me receive one in trade for another 55 hours? Two different timers?! Very odd, no?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not odd (since that is a remain how the 7 days timer originally was intended to work, block after placement and after getting traded a house), but inconsistent and annoying, since you can place a house while homeless.
Inconsistent, because (I think it is still correct) you get the 7 days block for placement/trade also, if you had another house, placed and removed both houses from your account or in the situation you placed, demolished or traded house and want another house get traded to you after being homeless again.