• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0 Comes to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
PvP is impossible? What? Can we define impossible?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone brought up in another thread -

So what happens when your fighting someone and you get stam blocked by others? You just die since you cant refresh your stamina?

Say your a mage and your fighting someone and your stamina drops low 2x and within the 10 second window. So now your stammed out and just suppose to die or do we just drop med for focus and wear non-med like the dexxers now.......

Or moving around a spawn in Fel. Period.

Such ridic.
Yeah I am not totally against a cooldown timer for refresh pots but 10 seconds in just insane.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP is impossible? What? Can we define impossible?
Well maybe impossible is not the word but viable. If this patch goes through as it is archery will be very hard to made viable in pvp. It is already hard enough as it is.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't start planning any armor changes until we see the rest of the armor revamp information. The publish notes say that this is "part 1" of the armor revamp. So we got out of this part 1:

• Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped.
  • Each piece of non medable armor (up to 5 pieces) will provide a 1% to 3% chance (depending on its material, and up to a total of a 15% chance) to trigger a mana phase effect each time a character takes damage.
  • A defender wearing non medable armor will have a flat 10% chance to apply a SSI nullifying debuff to attackers wielding weapons for five seconds.
I'm betting there are other, possibly significant, changes to armor that we'll hear about in a few more days after we kind of digest what we read about today.
Yeah true hopefully part 2 is better..though after seeing part 1 I am kinda scared to see part 2. I mean I think the one semi decent part about part 1 is the stamine thing the rest of it is crap. Then when you add the weapons changes it gets even worse. So I am hoping for something amazing in part two but not holding my breath.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As far as pvp is concerned this is without a doubt the most crippling & one-sided list of nerfs ever.
And please spare me the "it's still only on test speech"
If even 25% of this pushes through its at least 1 years worth of impotence & frustration for all warriors.

And for what?
Besides Throwers being a bit overpowered there is and has been a very nice mage/warrior pvp balance for awhile now. Where did this come from?
Two handed melee weapons will still be almost useless and left to rot away in houses. Never equipped or used. The slight tweak to damage will not be a factor at all.
Whats the point?

Lets be clear about one thing when it comes to pvp and balancing. It all boils down to balancing mage vs warrior.
90% of primary pvp characters are mages or warriors.
This publish will completely destroy that balance.

Has Bleak or anyone in charge even once explained why this massive amount of fundamental gameplay change is even being pushed on us?
Changing armor to make it more interesting and diverse can be a good thing. Totally nerfing all warriors and forcing them to change templates/weapons while adjusting to the radical armor changes is just plain crazy and wrong. All the while changing to less powerful warrior templates. Wow...

Did I miss the part where fc and fcr are tweaked and reduced?
Was it right next to the part that says warriors can no longer chain disarm but wrestle mages still can chain disarm against warriors? Or did I read that wrong?
I am all for nerfing disarm as i hate that move but only nerfing it to warriors?

Did we also nerf mortal and bleed? Thats cool right because mages mortal and bleed warriors alot right?
My freaking bad! Its the other way around. Mortal and bleed were the 2 main specials that allowed warriors to compete with good mages.

Did I read the ssi part correctly? My ssi can be nullified just by someone elses armor type? Are you freaking kidding me?
Ssi is the foundation of warrior templates. Weapon speed is more critical then weapon damage. It is the only thing that keeps a warrior alive and able to get an occasional kill on a mage.

Stamina cooldown?

Newsflash Bleak: Stamina = swingspeed which equals and counters fc/fcr. This is pvp mechanics at its most fundamental.
Everything I see in this cesspool of a publish is geared towards affecting and lowering a warriors stamina.
Have you ever even logged onto a real shard and pvped? Did you have a brain aneurysm and this is the result?

I could go on about a few more of the proposed warrior nerfs but its just too ridiculous to talk about any longer.

But I am jumping the gun right?

Throw about a dozen gigantic nerfs aimed at one class and if only half of them stick its all good?

Im assuming this is a rant about how you cant drink red pots every other secound and swing your favorite weapon at 1.25 secs while having a higher hci than they can dci?

Dexxers being able to chug red pots every other secound was kind of stupid, omg you have to watch where you run now OMG!

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Guys they gave the war mace new and seemingly PVP-oriented specials while leaving it with a 4s base swing speed. Someone over there is extraordinarily out of touch on what is and is not viable within Ultima Online.

I was really, really looking forward to mace fighting in PVM being something besides The War Axe Skill. (And you know, seeing people with halberds and stuff.) But they seriously "normalized" all the weapons and didn't make a single new one viable.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah as an archer I am very unhappy about the changes to bows especially composite. I mean 4.5 swing speed are you kidding me? It is hard enough as it is on live to make archery work in pvp. I doubt the damage increase will help much if any either. The slower swing speed will make that obselete. I mean what is the point of hitting a little bit harder if people can easily heal between my hits? Also yeah we can;t carry shields so we miss out on all those nice mods. I mean I have some sweet shields that I donlt get to use right now. After these changes I am not even sure how I will be able to make archery viable in pvp especially where I play on Siege. Guess I am glad then I have swords trained up on a stone to use.
After these changes Archery won't be viable at anything. Can't PvM or PvP when your slower than hades and I'm sorry but BIG WHOOPING DEAL if I hit 1 to 2 more damage... if I'm slower than molasses in winter I won't be doing anything may as well hang it up... And they think that BALANCES things??? In who's wet dream???

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want you all to pay attention to Bleak... He said this is not written in stone.. yet.
You all can test and give your honest assessment of the changes on TS1 . Dont just read them and give a flippant statement without trying them out for real. Keep an open mind.
This is a good thing the dev has done for us all...

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After these changes Archery won't be viable at anything. Can't PvM or PvP when your slower than hades and I'm sorry but BIG WHOOPING DEAL if I hit 1 to 2 more damage... if I'm slower than molasses in winter I won't be doing anything may as well hang it up... And they think that BALANCES things??? In who's wet dream???
Yeah I just donlt get it, what were they thinking? Where did they get the idea bows needed to be even slower? Heck where did they get the idea that raising the base damage of the really slow weapons in general would suddenly make them viable? I just idk I was seriously looking forward to this patch and you know there have been a few good things about it I guess but I just seriously hope some changes are made.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want you all to pay attention to Bleak... He said this is not written in stone.. yet.
You all can test and give your honest assessment of the changes on TS1 . Dont just read them and give a flippant statement without trying them out for real. Keep an open mind.
Yeah I will probably hop on test center.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the system too complicated is a concern of ours. We will be making changes as needed to ensure that content is challenging but not overwhelming.
I consider myself advanced on figuring out UO game mechanics, but this is getting insanely stupid.

When i need a spreadsheet, a calculator, calculus and algebra classes to figure out how to make a suit then it's getting to be too much. If people that have been playing 15 years can barely figure this out imagine what some new guy is going to think... *log in, look at the difficulty, log out, load up generic simple mmo and enjoy free time*

My personal feedback:
-hard cap animal form cast time so warriors and mages are on equal footing since it can now be interrupted.
-lower the stam pot timer to 7 sec
-add a timer for cure pots since the mana was increased

Those are right off my head right now. I'll send more feedback in as i have time to dissect this.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted a while back that IMO ALL armor should be equal, plain and simple! Barbed Leather = Valorite = Frostwood = Dragon Scale. Same base resist totals, same imbuing caps, same medable. I get the whole make them each special in their own right, I just think it goes the wrong way for UO. Let your crafted armor be about style, not so much about function.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope they truely do something about this refresh idea.
timer? maybe
10 seconds no way.
3 seconds? after all they are TOTAL REFRESH, isnt that what that means is TOTAL REFRESH? LOL
:danceb:

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also...
im on my second bachelors, and pursuing a MBA in SE, and this is making my head hurt..what is the point of this?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So what happens when your fighting someone and you get stam blocked by others? You just die since you cant refresh your stamina?

Say your a mage and your fighting someone and your stamina drops low 2x and within the 10 second window. So now your stammed out and just suppose to die or do we just drop med for focus and wear non-med like the dexxers now.......

Such ridic.
in felluca, without pots, and or focus..forget running through spawns or around or through people...
they really did not think this through did they

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because they've actually made drastic changes to things in the patch notes after being given player feed back when its already on the test realm? I haven't seen it happen. We all know that whats going to happen is all the mechanic changes will remain the same, They might tweak the numbers a little but i HIGHLY doubt that they will go and say oh, we will delete all our work on the stamina changes for armor etc.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as pvp is concerned this is without a doubt the most crippling & one-sided list of nerfs ever.
And please spare me the "it's still only on test speech"
If even 25% of this pushes through its at least 1 years worth of impotence & frustration for all warriors.

And for what?
Besides Throwers being a bit overpowered there is and has been a very nice mage/warrior pvp balance for awhile now. Where did this come from?
Two handed melee weapons will still be almost useless and left to rot away in houses. Never equipped or used. The slight tweak to damage will not be a factor at all.
Whats the point?

Did I miss the part where fc and fcr are tweaked and reduced?
Was it right next to the part that says warriors can no longer chain disarm but wrestle mages still can chain disarm against warriors? Or did I read that wrong?
I am all for nerfing disarm as i hate that move but only nerfing it to warriors?

Did we also nerf mortal and bleed? Thats cool right because mages mortal and bleed warriors alot right?
My freaking bad! Its the other way around. Mortal and bleed were the 2 main specials that allowed warriors to compete with good mages.

Did I read the ssi part correctly? My ssi can be nullified just by someone elses armor type? Are you freaking kidding me?
Ssi is the foundation of warrior templates. Weapon speed is more critical then weapon damage. It is the only thing that keeps a warrior alive and able to get an occasional kill on a mage.

Stamina cooldown?

Newsflash Bleak: Stamina = swingspeed which equals and counters fc/fcr. This is pvp mechanics at its most fundamental.
Everything I see in this cesspool of a publish is geared towards affecting and lowering a warriors stamina.
Have you ever even logged onto a real shard and pvped? Did you have a brain aneurysm and this is the result?
I RARELY even consider agreeing with anything you say but this is one of those times i do.
-Throwers did hit too hard.
-Wrestling isn't THAT big a deal. Maybe 1 in 10 pvp mages run one.

The stam and necro changes almost look like they're pushing a necro macer. What's the point of raising base damage when it's HARD CAPPED already at 35 lololol!!

The rest i agree with. This is going to ruin warriors and guess what? Mystics with their 120 focus CAN run plate armor that will lower the SS. On top of that they're BOOSTING cleansing winds?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frostbolt dont be so sure.... I have been in UO a long time and seen stranger things happen. But to be honest dont go looking for trouble before you run the test center setup.
Go in with a open mind and truly test it out , drag in your buddys and reset your armors and weps and give it a good shot.... hell you might find its way better or that Bleak and crew overlooked something and you give that criticle heads up.... nothing works without your input guys/gals....
they want you to go through it bit by bit test the changes, kick the tires and road test it...

You need to test it ....

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry this game should be complex. A person should not be able to come in day one and compete with a 15 year vet. If you want simple break out the old Nintendo and have fun.
The stam pot def needs to be adressed

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frostbolt dont be so sure.... I have been in UO a long time and seen stranger things happen. But to be honest dont go looking for trouble before you run the test center setup.
Go in with a open mind and truly test it out , drag in your buddys and reset your armors and weps and give it a good shot.... hell you might find its way better or that Bleak and crew overlooked something and you give that criticle heads up.... nothing works without your input guys/gals....
they want you to go through it bit by bit test the changes, kick the tires and road test it...

You need to test it ....
Being in UO for a long time doesn't really matter in this case because the devs from a "long time ago" are not the same ones that have been working on UO in the past year. and this is my observation for all the "revamp" patches made since a year ago. i am 90% sure that all of these changes will make it to live, and the only difference will be the numbers. For example maybe potion CD will be reduced a few seconds but i don't think they will remove it.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look I will say this only once...

You asked for a way to bring back balance to ALL ARMOR & WEAPONS gm and other. Well They did a preliminary rough go at it and made a test for us to try... STOP THE BITCHIN and DO IT. (sorry for the way I put it but you do need to listen)
This game has been one of the most faught over systems for this area of items ever. You have the chance to make a difference and truly help mold it... I am quite sure Bleak and the dev will take what you say into account as you give your honest opinion of the NEW stats and changes under consideration. ITS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE. Wait for it to load in and do as I said gather your friends and guildmates and go in wiht open mind test it all... give it the hell test... try your worst with it...
As for you stuck in the mud players who are yipping about any changes to your precious stuff.... get over it.... join in the rest of us and do it to it.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You asked for a way to bring back balance to ALL ARMOR & WEAPONS gm and other. Well They did a preliminary rough go at it and made a test for us to try... STOP THE BITCHIN and DO IT. (sorry for the way I put it but you do need to listen)
This game has been one of the most faught over systems for this area of items ever. You have the chance to make a difference and truly help mold it... I am quite sure Bleak and the dev will take what you say into account as you give your honest opinion of the NEW stats and changes under consideration. ITS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE. Wait for it to load in and do as I said gather your friends and guildmates and go in wiht open mind test it all... give it the hell test... try your worst with it...
As for you stuck in the mud players who are yipping about any changes to your precious stuff.... get over it.... join in the rest of us and do it to it.
Actually nooo I don't pvp so I never asked for armor weapon balancing. You can blame the pvpers for that. And if you seriously believe you can make a difference and help "mold it" by posting on the forums.. are we even playing the same game here lol?

If its on the PTR then its pretty much written in cooling stone. They will change nothing except tweak the numbers a bit. If you've played for sooo long, then you should realize that already.

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon Scale armor:

Can we please be allowed to enhance/reforge it?

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually nooo I don't pvp so I never asked for armor weapon balancing. You can blame the pvpers for that.
Hey don't blame us. We only wanted throwing damage toned down in pvp. We didn't ask for any of this crap.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I should note when the devs say that they want feed back and nothing is written in stone, they mean that they want feedback within the framework of what they proposed on the PTR.

If you think they are going to reprogram a new system after they already made one you are kidding yourselves. What you see on the test realm is for the most part what you are gonna get, its been this way for years. Its not going to change now.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also I should note when the devs say that they want feed back and nothing is written in stone, they mean that they want feedback within the framework of what they proposed on the PTR.

If you think they are going to reprogram a new system after they already made one you are kidding yourselves.
Yeah, they won't scrap it, too much effort, time, and $$ invested I would imagine. As for me, I guess I'll end up growing plants...because I signed up to play a game, but it looks like I'll have to be a mathematician/engineer/accountant to do anything other than grow plants. And to me, it's neither fun, nor relaxing.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must have missed it. Where does it say what being voted town leader will do for you? You get to set tax rates? Vendor rates? The patch notes are vague in more than just one area.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Read the whole post and I still think this is a horrible revamp. Lets change everything and make it more complex than it was before. Nerf dexxers for no real good reason save for when you change one thing you change them all.

I'll provide feed back but I think that all the hard work that who ever put into this is going to happen anyways as it seems to anyways.

Could you people play this damn game like the rest of us do please? I'd love to have you all on a production shard for a hour a day or even a week and lets see what gives then.

Lastly, while I have never ran a fencer I cannot believe that you decide to change leaf blades after years of people makeing them to use, WTF are you thinking?

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran

The devs basically just came up and went "Hi we're considering ruining UO, be sure to give us your input because it's not written in stone!" and everyone is busy screaming themselves hoarse going "NO DON'T DO IT" and that's the way it's going to be.

I've been to Test Center.
I still don't want to swing a 4s weapon.
Complex hidden intrinsic item properties are still confusing.

Devs: This is garbage. Start over.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
When a developer is going "Whoops yeah we left an entire weapon skill devoid of one of the most important specials, but it's okay because you have BLADEWEAVE!" it's officially time to start crapping bricks. Yes even with the new-and-improved defensive bladeweave.

Macing is as bad off as ever.
Fencing is dead in PVE.
Archery is dead period.

Swords came away without being wrecked and throwing got a well-deserved nerf, but that's about the only good news. If anything the number of viable weapons is now smaller than it was before. The armor changes are making me throw up my hands, and I'm the know-it-all guy with the spreadsheets and stuff.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i really think the refresh pot change is fine and manageable with the armor changes

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the armor changes.

Basically, you over-thought it. You wanted to give non-meddable armor something nice, and then tried to re-balance other parts of the game in light of that something nice. This was too much. The mere fact that you had to re-balance other parts of the game in light of it is the best proof of that I can ask for.

What you should do instead, is this. If you like the idea of heavier armor absorbing stamina damage, have heavier armor absorb a lesser amount of stamina damage. Say, with Western-style non-Samurai plate, have it be 10% per piece to a maximum of 50%. Or, hey, 5% to a maximum of 25%. Keep the other stamina-related things, like Divine Fury and Refresh Potions, the same.

Light armor gets something nice (meddability), heavy armor gets something nice (a moderate amount of stamina damage absorption). And you don't have to change anything else.

Much simpler. If you like your suit you can keep it and maintain the same level of effectiveness. If you like the idea of keeping more of your Stamina for longer without having to chug a pot (say if you have a 2-handed weapon or a sword and shield), you can get yourself a set of full plate.

Hopefully my fellow players will agree with this, post in support, you'll agree too, and we can move on to assessing the weapons balance.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Such ridic.
Most mages would cast teleport, inferior mages stand and die.
Most dexxers who can handle more than 3 button template tend to have teleport scrolls also.
Is that too complicated?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a developer is going "Whoops yeah we left an entire weapon skill devoid of one of the most important specials, but it's okay because you have BLADEWEAVE!" it's officially time to start crapping bricks. Yes even with the new-and-improved defensive bladeweave.
This post is pure Alpha.

To the above post I ask when was the last time you killed a dexxer with a teleport scroll, myself it has to be 5 years or greater.

Last edited:

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The rest i agree with. This is going to ruin warriors and guess what? Mystics with their 120 focus CAN run plate armor that will lower the SS. On top of that they're BOOSTING cleansing winds?
Boosting cleansing winds? Do you people even read the stuff before you reply too it?
Thats the 6th nerf to mysticism or is it the 7th? and you called it a boost LOL

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My initial take is that this is far more extreme than anyone really wanted. I think the request to adjust weapons was to bring some of the lesser used weapons in line with the more prominent ones for DPS (based on speed and base damage) and to adjust some of the weapons specials on each weapon.

I am completely dismayed by the Soul Glaive and Composite Bow changes. There should have been no change to the Soul Glaive. It should have been the standard to which everything else was raised to. The Composite Bow needs to remain at 4s base speed with the same damage as the Soul Glaive (18-22). Why did you slow it down?

I don't understand the HSL change that makes it less effective. I supposed this is to force all Dexxers to metal armor. I don't get it. The idea was to allow diversity and choice, and not to push everyone to particular armor scheme for the same character type. That is what we have now.

As for the armor changes, it is hard to understand how this fits in with the upcoming part 2 of the publish. I was just hoping that they would leave wood alone, and add new mods for metal, leather, stone, dragon scale, and other armor types. Some think like Valorite adding 5 DCI and +8 Physical like Bloodwood does HPR +2 and +8 fire resist. It would have been straight forward to add new buffs for the other materials and just remove the non-medable armor property outright from all non-leather items.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, they won't scrap it, too much effort, time, and $$ invested I would imagine. As for me, I guess I'll end up growing plants...because I signed up to play a game, but it looks like I'll have to be a mathematician/engineer/accountant to do anything other than grow plants. And to me, it's neither fun, nor relaxing.
This is complicated but imbuing/ reforging isnt? What exactly isnt complicated in UO?

I think people complain when it best suits them.

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most mages would cast teleport, inferior mages stand and die.
Most dexxers who can handle more than 3 button template tend to have teleport scrolls also.
Is that too complicated?
If you knew anything about UO, you would know theres ALOT of places you cant teleport. Certain areas just say "You cannot teleport there" and also faction bases. You also cannot cast teleport when being spammed with weaken either. Tell me more please.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My initial take is that this is far more extreme than anyone really wanted. I think the request to adjust weapons was to bring some of the lesser used weapons in line with the more prominent ones for DPS (based on speed and base damage)
The thing they don't understand is that nobody wants a 4s weapon no matter what the damage may be.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boosting cleansing winds? Do you people even read the stuff before you reply too it?
Thats the 6th nerf to mysticism or is it the 7th? and you called it a boost LOL
*Increased Cleansing Winds healing power reduction based on curses. Cleansing Winds will always heal for maximum potential when the target is the caster. Cleansing Winds power will now scale based on the number of targets when healing targets that are not the caster.*

Sure looks like they're increasing it to the caster and only nerfing it for xheals.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think the one true consensus here is that plate armor negating stamina loss is pretty neat

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the one true consensus here is that plate armor negating stamina loss is pretty neat
Yeah that is the one thing I like about the armor changes lol. The rest of it should be scrapped though.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I mean look, Bleak, whoever, sooner or later the RNG is going to decide that my sampire needs to miss four times in a row and I can't be standing around for 10-15 seconds going "derp no life leech for me" while the boss chews on my face. It's not just DPS, speed is a benefit unto itself.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone get UOA to work with the alternate "client".

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that is the one thing I like about the armor changes lol. The rest of it should be scrapped though.

One thing that bothers me about it tho....

If you want medability.. you go leather, if you want stam... you go plate.... wood is still viable with its extra properties plus stam.

So bone and studded are useless, as they are not medable and low end on the stam thing.

lol

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The thing they don't understand is that nobody wants a 4s weapon no matter what the damage may be.
Not exactly true. I am completely happy with my 4s Soul Glaive. But that is a ranged weapon with good base damage and has a nice set of specials. I agree that melee weapons need to be faster. I think 3.5s is the highest base speed melee weapon that I might consider using. I need to be able to get it to 1.25s swing speed with a reasonable amount of SSI and Stamina. IMO, hitting 55 SSI and 180+ stamina are reasonable. It is possible to hit 210 Stamina, but you'll loose out somewhere else in your suit.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im assuming this is a rant about how you cant drink red pots every other secound and swing your favorite weapon at 1.25 secs while having a higher hci than they can dci?

Dexxers being able to chug red pots every other secound was kind of stupid, omg you have to watch where you run now OMG!
Are you serious?

You have issues with dexxers using stam pots? Dexxers need stam pots to keep up swing speed. I tell you what, lets keep your stam pot nerf but also tie it in with casting. Mages stam gets low he casts slower. It certainly isnt out of line as casting is as much physical as it is mental.
Would you still want stam pots nerfed as a mage? Dont think so.

If you are massively nerfing ssi you damn well should be looking at balancing it by adjusting fc/fcr also.

Btw, mages machine-gun chugging cures to completely negate a dp warriors template is much, much more out of line then stam pots. Whats your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.