• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello all, returning after 10+ years.

SabbathViper

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to decide if I want to go for the Sampire path or just be a Necromancer/Mystic/Mage or something like that. I primarily want to focus on PvM for now as I have my girlfriend playing with me.

My friend is a Mage/Tamer. Any ideas on what I should train myself as?

Is Necro/Mystic/Mage a good pick for PvM?

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to decide if I want to go for the Sampire path or just be a Necromancer/Mystic/Mage or something like that. I primarily want to focus on PvM for now as I have my girlfriend playing with me.

My friend is a Mage/Tamer. Any ideas on what I should train myself as?

Is Necro/Mystic/Mage a good pick for PvM?
I prefer Mystic/Weaver Mage but Necro is good too, Rising Colossus are amazing for pvm

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some idears:

People seem to have their opinions about the template but I have a throwing Sampire that also dips into wraith form when necessary (spirit speak stoned over). I can solo a bunch of stuff in the game (mini-champs, named bosses, a few peerless), probably could do most of it if I was better at UO. I also have a swords sampire, and he can chew through spawn. But both of these temps rely heavily on the suit and weapon. Millions of gold. But then, these two can make are my PvM money-makers.

I have a necro/mystic/mage that didn't cost nearly as much to outfit and there are plenty of times he's the only option. The ability to cast a RC, use Stone Form, cross heal, might make PvM more of a group thing for you and your girlfriend, whereas on a Sampire it's basically Lightning Strike, Lightning Strike, Armor Ignore ftw. And for a while the only new creatures they were pumping out had this nasty damage reflection that made anything but joust-and-heal melee impossible. It broke the efficiency of the Sampire, because it made the healing pointless.

Since you already have a tamer in the group, the role of Sampire or "tank" might already be filled by a dragon or something.

Lord Malachi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I love playing my Sampire, she can solo just about everything in the game. It is a challenge to fight some things, but the rewards of being able to say you did it all alone are worth it to me. Whammy (wraith form throwers or archers ) are also a good choice if your tamer friend will be tanking with a greater dragon, as they do much more damage than a standard Sampire. Suits, weapons, and jewelry aren't nearly as expensive as they were before imbuing, so don't let that deter you too much from trying one of these templates. I also have a necro weaver mage who does fairly well at pvm, and also doing champion / peerless runs. I don't have any experience with mystics yet, as I am freshly returned myself, but the Sampire and necro mage templates are tried and true and I stand by them 100% as being both reliable and versatile. Only real thing costly for either template will be the power/ stat scrolls and whichever artifacts you end up deciding to run.
Hope this helps you in your decision. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2