• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saving Atlantic History

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From all accounts, this weekend is going to be pretty crazy. We stand to lose a lot of history perhaps. In your travels if you come across Player written books, please consider donating them to the mailbox of Halister's Grand Britannian Repertory Library.

I will also collect full soulstones & player named bless deeds, should you wish to donate them, to the mailboxes at the Blue Crane Portal or Goodman's Rune Library. The List donated will be posted to this thread to find the owners. They will also be locked down on the roof of the portal building so people can find them.

Good Luck!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nice ideas. Will keep a lookout if I am around for all the sadness/fun, depending on a persons perspective. One things for sure, you summed it up well... it will be craziness.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll definately keep an eye open for any of that stuff! :)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Grand Britannian Repertory Library.
I highly support book donations to the Grand Britannian Library.

Halister with the support of the community has amassed a book collection which rivals any player/shard history repository in the history of this game or any other.

Every time I visit I read about something new, interesting and awe inspiring.

If you find new and interesting books in your travels, please don't just toss them. Consider donating them to someone who loves them dearly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
In all honesty it did not dawn on me how much history stood to be lost... UNTIL, I entered the Land of Sanctus. That drove the point home for me. Wow.... This weekend could be really bad for shard specific stuff.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no question in my mind we will loose a lot of landmarks and community members with this mass IDOC thing going on. However, I mean no offence... I think living history will be a bigger loss during this time. In game books are extremely hard to share, maintain, read... I would love to see a far easier to database for our history, online. Something you could link to pages, add pictures, not to mention send people URLs. It's just not the same with in-game books.

Heck... these books, in game... need to be put in print so they never get lost. :)

Not to mention, I’m very all about keeping our history alive! Not to mention the history of the game as a whole. We can do better.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That's what I meant in the post above, the living history. Sure, I had heard rumors about large numbers of houses falling. I had even marked three runebooks full of decaying houses. However the scope of the living history we stand to lose, did not hit me until I ran through Sanctus. See, for me, when I first started, the only rp folks I knew of was Sanctus. I had popped in on a few occasion and tried to participate. Over the years I have learned of many more. But still, those folks held a place in my mind of "they will always be around". Running through their lands this evening and seeing the number around their area opened my eyes. Now granted the number of houses in decay around Sanctus are not astronomical, but it was enough to open my eyes to what heritage/history we all stand to lose. Not knowing which houses held "artifacts" of their history or written text in them kind of spooked me honestly. Then I started to think, if that kind of stuff could be lost here, how many OTHER areas/people/rp'ers could it effect. Which led to the post above.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps they do not know their holdings are in danger.

My main account came due 3 days ago and did not auto renew despite my cc information being in my master account.

If you see a house falling and you know them, it might be wise to try and alert them as I am doing with some of my friends.

Most of which I know darn well wouldn't just let their house drop.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that's a bit off topic... yeah, I think it's highly disgusting what they have done with the account management page for a start, then not to send email warnings out, regardless. Then, some people I have been warning about this problem can't get the system ironed out. Yeah, we'll loose a lot thanks to management.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Our guild leadership sent emails to all members alerting them that IDOCs had been reactivated. Seemed like a good idea.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sadly, I don't know how to get in touch with too many folks outside of the game. This is one of those times I wish I had always been very free with giving my ICQ number out.

On a somewhat ralated note... On of those I do know in game is Kynd. I knew him from my old idoc days. If ANYONE knows him please contact him as one of his Castles is in decay.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny thing Kylie, that's exactly who I was working on this morning when I made my post.

Pink Dragoness warned me his house was decaying. So as it stands I did get ahold of someone (Lady Rachel) who hopefully a current phone number. She has phoned and left him a message & I have icqed him in hopes of reaching him in time.

He is one of those mentioned that would NEVER let his house decay. His account has probably renewed like mine did and didn't auto renew. We can only hope we can reach him in time.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update!

Kynd's castle is no longer in decay.

He must have got the messages.

Thank goodness!

Update #2

I was sure I saw the main one in decay but let's hope they both refresh and he has gotten the message.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Whew... good deal. If you read it Kynd, glad you caught it in time.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm... not his main one... was meaning this one..

Unless this one is just someone messing with him that is.

*edit*
Got to thinking, kinda doubtful this one is someone messing with him by having his name in the house name slot. There is a marked rune to his main castle locked on the steps.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’m sorry if this one is over my head... how is a private storage castle part of our shard history?

When shard transfers started, we lost some really cool museums. Talking old rares, not the new EM event ones that seam a very small few have so many of.

I’ve never seen so many people running past the Red & Purple town... searching for idocs, I can only assume. Every time I was around the town buildings, I saw someone today. Rest assured... or shall I say “like it or not”... NONE of the Red & Purple 9 buildings will be falling this time around! This part of the shard history wont be going anyplace any time soon. :D

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I’m sorry if this one is over my head... how is a private storage castle part of our shard history?
It's not, and my apologies for the hijack. Kynd was one of the first IDOC'ers to take me under his wing and show me the ropes when I first started dabbling in it. Has always been a stand up guy. However, there is no telling what all kinds of older shard history he would have in his storage place, he seemed to be one to respect history as well. I would hijack a thread to let you know one of yours were in decay if you were not around too tho :)

I’ve never seen so many people running past the Red & Purple town... searching for idocs, I can only assume.
Yeah, folks are out all over the place. You seem to be able to get them to stop and mark a rune simply by changing your house's name to Condition: This Structure Is Somewhat Worn. Works on the road to Umbra anyway :lol:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I meant in the post above, the living history. Sure, I had heard rumors about large numbers of houses falling. I had even marked three runebooks full of decaying houses. However the scope of the living history we stand to lose, did not hit me until I ran through Sanctus. See, for me, when I first started, the only rp folks I knew of was Sanctus. I had popped in on a few occasion and tried to participate. Over the years I have learned of many more. But still, those folks held a place in my mind of "they will always be around". Running through their lands this evening and seeing the number around their area opened my eyes. Now granted the number of houses in decay around Sanctus are not astronomical, but it was enough to open my eyes to what heritage/history we all stand to lose. Not knowing which houses held "artifacts" of their history or written text in them kind of spooked me honestly. Then I started to think, if that kind of stuff could be lost here, how many OTHER areas/people/rp'ers could it effect. Which led to the post above.
Sanctus is the one town I figured would never lose places nor fold up. Sad to hear of this. Seems everything is on the decline tho, I also never thought Stormhaven, nor the old guard in Rivendell, would decline like it has. I guess it's all part of the normal ebb and flow of life tho. :(

*Waves to the oldsters still on the shard* Y'all keep hangin in there with me!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The towns of old... yeah.

If you ask me, a MASSIVE problem with the newer player of today is the total lack of curiosity in exploring our lands and the communities around them. As much as I joke about burning Lagtown to the ground, because it should be, this concentration of so many vendors in one place made people extremely lazy. Before AoS, the only way to “go shoppen” was to find runes, gates at the West Brit Bank... or take the time to explore the world for yourself. Book upon book filled with shop runes... even if the house had only 1 vendor of any value. I think I had the world set up into 7 shopping zones, (Tram only) and would set off in one place, end at another... then hit the next zone right away or the next day. The old R&P mall was one of the rare larger malls, in a tiny building... people easily could find more in a smaller spot, BUT even with dropping so many runes now, so many are just too lazy to even check it out or place vendors.

Towns like you mention from days of old were stumbled upon this way... and I also think people were a little more friendlier then too... you could easily be visited by the owner if he/she was home when you were looking for vendors. Now, like I mentioned on an earlier post... I must have seen 30 people darting around my town inside an hour due to the mass house aging. That’s just today (Saturday). It's true many have runes to the R&P... but this is, in some way, reminiscent to how people used to explore. Not bank-sit all day... not shop at the most expensive vendors because they were in one place.

This little issue is another debate point for a more substantial database beyond in-game books. Those of us old-timers have to build it clearly. The most exciting time these guys tend to have is when someone is randomly throwing gold all over Lagtown bank. Every time I got near the dump today, my client nearly crashed.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Character statues could be important to save.

Feel free to drop any named item into the mailbox at the Hall Of Players and I'll preserve it with an exhibit of that player (or add it to one if the player is already there.) If you know the player, please say something about him or her in a book; that can add important information to an exhibit. To reach the Hall Of Players, use the house teleporter at either the Book Store or at the Blue Crane Portal.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dropped off a few soulstones and personal bless deeds that I picked up. A couple don't have names on them, but they're grouped with others from the same house that do have names :)

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much Lady Faeryl! I have put up your kind donation.

The Soulstone Garden is on the roof of the Portal house.

Should you return and find one of your soulstones up there, please email me at [email protected] so I can return them to you.

Thank you to everyone that has donated the skill set & runebooks books from the Asgoroth Keep Library. I will be adding them to Goodman's Library so Lady Lillianth's work will live on.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to everyone who has been dropping books off!

In total I have around 110 books to sort through thus far from the big fall.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just dropped off 11 more books. A couple are old Humanis propaganda books.

I also took a look around the Repertory and noticed that you have a statue of Bal-Anon Dak on the roof. I have a Whispering Rose that...may be of some interest to you.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just dropped off 11 more books. A couple are old Humanis propaganda books.

I also took a look around the Repertory and noticed that you have a statue of Bal-Anon Dak on the roof. I have a Whispering Rose that...may be of some interest to you.
Thank you!

As for the whispering rose, I may know what you mean. I'd of course be interested in it.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps they do not know their holdings are in danger.

My main account came due 3 days ago and did not auto renew despite my cc information being in my master account.

If you see a house falling and you know them, it might be wise to try and alert them as I am doing with some of my friends.

Most of which I know darn well wouldn't just let their house drop.
I have a friend I keep having to call because the accounting won't hold his credit card info.

On a side note, I believe I have several soulstones but will have to take a while to sort through them and make sure some aren't any of my accounts.

I also have some old books from some old auction house/guild, can't rem name. I may hang onto them though not sure yet.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Andrasta,

I just located 22 full soul stones so far, still have to go through a few more accounts. The trouble is none of them have owner names on them. Do you still take them or should I just lock them down on my plot and leave a rune at your place for people to come and try to claim?? Some of these have to be 5 or 6 years old.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Arrgh,

I will take them and add them to the garden. Just drop them in one of my mailboxes. I rearranged them in boxes in display cases so that I could fit more. It gives me a use for that floor so I don't mind at all. If you prefer to keep them I would place the rune in the cases.

Either way thank you for preserving them!

p.s. I have a picture of AoD attacking our town while we were having a duelling tournament. I will try to find it. That was a very fun evening. You could still drop blade spirits and ebolts from the tower roof.

Best Regards,
Andrasta

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll drop those stones by asap =)

I had forgotten all about casting from the tower tops. I had a few characters in Clan Moor and in another guild that was anti-Clan Moor (same people, just rp'ing). I remember all those duels around Yew woods very well and in the swamp, rat valley, etc...I wonder if any of the Pluggers are still around?? There was a brother guild to Clan Moor about 2 screens behind the old tower but I can't remember the name. =(

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've reached an entire container of 125 books donated after the big IDOC fall. I just wanted to thank everyone who dropped off books and lore, as well as those who have donated to Andrasta's cause. I'm sure Andra has had an equal amount of soulstones and other historical items donated during this time.

Atlantic has always cared deeply about history, and it is good to see the community has kept that ethos throughout the years.

J

Jeradin Kindhart

I came across a Clainin's spellbook with a players name on it, was wondering if that was the sort of thing you were looking for?

Attachments

T

Tazar

I came across a Clainin's spellbook with a players name on it, was wondering if that was the sort of thing you were looking for?
Jeradin, The forums had some trouble yesterday and we had to revert and lost about a day's worth of posts. Andrasta had posted that she would save the spellbook for the owner in hopes that they return. If you go to the Makato-Jima Moongate and then go west to the road - turn north through the wall there and Andrasta has the houses on both side of the road. Goodman's Rune Library is on the right. There should be a mailbox in Goodman's, or the house west of it and you can drop the book in the mailbox for her.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I was curious as to whether or not the Soulstone Garden was still around, and if we can still drop off soulstones at the Portal house?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Portal house still has its mailbox, the soulstones have been moved to the house behind it, across the road. Andrasta is still accepting all Soulstones, to hold in trust for players who might return to claim them.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still accepting any books found from collapsed housing as well, feel free to drop any off in the mailbox of the Repertory (two houses west of Goodman's).