• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IDOC Salvage crew

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We have restarted an old FCB GL tradition--a group of us who do IDOCs.

It takes a fair amount of work and trust, so please bear with us if you want to join. Please read carefully, and if you want to join, please apply by talking to me or Spurlock or Aridas.

Here's how it works.

1) Everyone is friended to our "Salvage" location.

2) At Salvage, we keep marked runes and books noting the various times of the delay rates.

There's a role for everyone--but you must put in a fair amount of time. Jobs include:

a) Finding the idocs and marking runes and starting books.

b) Tracking times and noting the times accurately in the books. This is ESSENTIAL to good idocing. It may only take a few minutes to do a round, but doing it frequently, especially in late stages saves tons of times for the watchers. It really helps to have people check times between midnight and server down time as many change states during these hours.

c) The watchers loot the house and bring the goods back to Salvage and dump into containers. We ask that you not skim :) (Hence the trust thing)

4) Each idocer has a chest upstairs with their name on it. In it, put a book with your "wish list" of items you like or want.

5) Periodically, Gem or Spur or Ari, will divide up the loot into the chests--as evenly as possible, and based on the wishes listed.

6) You take your stuff :)

7) Please record what you did on the private website. Things like--spent 2 hours looking for houses. Spent 20 minutes checking times, spent 3 hours watching for fall, etc. This helps with trust too.

We will add more information and tips here :)

I have set up a private website for those in the salvage crew to share information, ideas, etc. Once you're in, you'll get a link and registration.

Please comment!

T

Terryn

:cool: How's it going? I can check some times and look around if you're still at it.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Chelle!! *hugs*

We got salvage set up, again at the old location....miss you!

Alstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
great i finnaly get a night i can camp an idoc and the shard drops smell i hope your still there argh :(

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey the IDOC timer is back on...and I have a little time off work...I plan to scout some..watch for runes in the usual place :_

Jingles Fisher

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We have restarted an old FCB GL tradition--a group of us who do IDOCs.

It takes a fair amount of work and trust, so please bear with us if you want to join. Please read carefully, and if you want to join, please apply by talking to me or Spurlock or Aridas.

Here's how it works.

1) Everyone is friended to our "Salvage" location.

2) At Salvage, we keep marked runes and books noting the various times of the delay rates.

There's a role for everyone--but you must put in a fair amount of time. Jobs include:

a) Finding the idocs and marking runes and starting books.

b) Tracking times and noting the times accurately in the books. This is ESSENTIAL to good idocing. It may only take a few minutes to do a round, but doing it frequently, especially in late stages saves tons of times for the watchers. It really helps to have people check times between midnight and server down time as many change states during these hours.

c) The watchers loot the house and bring the goods back to Salvage and dump into containers. We ask that you not skim :) (Hence the trust thing)

4) Each idocer has a chest upstairs with their name on it. In it, put a book with your "wish list" of items you like or want.

5) Periodically, Gem or Spur or Ari, will divide up the loot into the chests--as evenly as possible, and based on the wishes listed.

6) You take your stuff :)

7) Please record what you did on the private website. Things like--spent 2 hours looking for houses. Spent 20 minutes checking times, spent 3 hours watching for fall, etc. This helps with trust too.

We will add more information and tips here :)

I have set up a private website for those in the salvage crew to share information, ideas, etc. Once you're in, you'll get a link and registration.

Please comment!
Hi Gem this sounds fun. I'd like to join too.

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would be interested in joining, I am good at finding them but not good at getting much :D

Kendall