• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dying carpet?

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you could dye carpet with a normal dye tub? I can't get it to work with any dye tub nor natural dyes!

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you trying to dye them while they're locked down or while they're still in your backpack? Pretty sure you have to dye them while they're in your pack, and yes you should be able to use a normal dye tub. I haven't tried this recently though, so don't know if it has changed.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried both locked down and in my pack...no luck!
Okay, I just ran the carpet quest again, bought a tile of carpet and dyed it with a normal tailor shop dye tub. So, question is, are you trying to dye carpet tiles or one of the carpets you get in deed form? Cause I don't think you can dye the deeded carpets.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They the are carpet tiles you buy but they are not newly bought. They are old ones I had around and some I found in the woods. i will try and see if new ones are different.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry I couldn't help, maybe someone else has run into this. ...wait, you found carpet tiles in the woods? From an IDOC? Thought you couldn't pick those up, I had some blocking a spot I wanted to place a house on and just had to keep checking back until they finally decayed and allowed me to place. The odd part was the tiles of the carpet decayed at different rates.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt think you could pick them up either but I just double clicked them and most of them came up..there were a couple that might have been on the second floor that I could not reach. I assume it was an IDOC but only the carpet was there.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it is all very weird. I bought a new carpet tile and was able to dye it. I tried one of the pieces I tried to dye before and it dyed also. But when I tried to dye a second piece of the ones that would not dye, it said you cannot dye that. So I locked it down and released it and then I could dye it. YAY!! Very weird indeed! I guess if you have any old pieces laying around in a chest they will have to be locked down and released before they can be dyed.

Thank you for checking into this Irulia *smiles*

Hmm maybe it is only the found ones that I cannot dye without locking them down first...

Last edited: