• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bedrooms

Do you have a bedroom or bed for every character you play?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I normally have one bedroom in my house...sometimes more depending on the purpose of a home. For example, we had a guild hall castle and we had a room designed as bunks for the guildmates, complete with chests at the foot of each bed.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rarely design homes with bedrooms, if I do, there is only ever one bedroom. I like the look and ease of designing a bedroom, I just find there are better uses for the space. Now if they ever let us have bigger plots and taller homes, then I'll probably start doing more.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My homes usually have 1 bedroom, sometimes 2, and usually only 1 bed, so characters have to share. Except when I made a Tavern/Inn, then it had 3 or 4 bedrooms, I can't remember.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't have a house a few years back, so I was sharing a friends large tower. I decorated each floor, and one was my "apartment". I think that's the closest I've come to multiple occupants hehe. Great question though.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making one room in your house a bedroom is a very important integral part of making your house a home, I have one in every home;
hm, to think of it, so is a kitchen, but I have a kitchen in only one of my homes - apparently sleep is more important than eating. :sleep2:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly I gave that up early on...
With 56+ Characters it's just not possible.

Now Malag has a bed for he and his wife.... as well as the spare room (it's pink) which he's accused of having a pink bed all the time...... Otherwise NONE of my other characters has a bedroom. I do have an Inn which does have many rooms but yeah... that's it.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on my characters. When I had more than one account open, yes. Now mainly my main characters have a bedroom which they share... one uses during the day and one at night. The other characters use a town inn, the wilderness, etc - whatever fits their persona/rp. Course I haven't had the inspiration to rp in quite some time, but I still keep my characters in mind with my home design (that's why the shard shields on display make me crazy).

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly I gave that up early on...
With 56+ Characters it's just not possible.

Now Malag has a bed for he and his wife.... as well as the spare room (it's pink) which he's accused of having a pink bed all the time...... Otherwise NONE of my other characters has a bedroom. I do have an Inn which does have many rooms but yeah... that's it.
56+ characters? how did you do that?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
56+ characters? how did you do that?
I'm guessing with 8 accounts, all with 7 character slots. I think at the height of my UO career I had that many accounts just for holding guild homes.

But MalagAste, as you're so OCD, I'm amazed you don't have a house put aside for 56 beds...that could be quite the decorating challenge! *throws down the gauntlet"

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But MalagAste, as you're so OCD, I'm amazed you don't have a house put aside for 56 beds...that could be quite the decorating challenge! *throws down the gauntlet"
You know... if you raised a few of the singles to make bunk beds.... I wonder if you could make like triple beds?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd really like bunk beds!!
You should be able to make some using gozas, least last time I tried. Just lift gozas, place bed on gozas and then one under. Could probably do it with the rubble versions too.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh, and you can use the ladders for your bunkbeds....stack em high! Don't forget to put some of those stuffy teddy bears on those bunk beds...awww.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I only have one bedroom (and rationalize that my folks are seldom home at the same time). Love the bunkbed idea! :)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, the bunkbed idea is cool... Now, if we could somehow convince the dev's that it would finally be ok for us to actually LAY DOWN ON THEM....o_O
I mean, having death as the only way to actually "rest" seems a bit odd....

Last edited:

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I eat, play UO (sometimes Lord Of The Rings Online), go to work then die.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But at least you get to LAY DOWN ON YOUR BEDS....
hehehehe
Just sayin.....;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make it so you look like you are sitting in your beds, but yes, laying down in them would be nice! Heck, laying down anywhere and having general animations would be great.

I set my bed up to get into when my character was ill to make the rp more realistic when folks swung by. Haha.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean I often sleep on my stomache anyway, so they don't even need to add a new graphic.... Go ahead, use the death pose if you want, but let us get some sleep..... 14 years is a long time to go without a decent nights sleep...
;)

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just say you roleplay an elf, they don't sleep...that's the RP excuse for me not having bedrooms in my houses:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Like I said I gave up on that early on. I used to think that all my "main" RP characters needed a bedroom of their own... But then I got my first real "public" house my Theatre. Not really much "room" for a bedroom in a Theatre. Though the Theatre has 4 beds (Yes very symmetrical) for the actors who stay there.

At one time Willa had her own home where she and Trilla her twin had their own rooms. But after awhile I gave that up. Malag eventually became more of my "main" than Willa and so Willa lost her house eventually.

I now have a Castle which is the Heart of Newcastle Township, which I inherited in a way. So it's more of a building for the guild not for any one person save the Princess Nikki and she's not my character though I "inherited" her account as well so I keep a room for her.

The Keep is Malag's home so I have that and it's more home "like" than any of my other houses, I have the Craft Hall which doesn't serve as a home it's for Crafters, The Inn which really is bedrooms for many folk... has about 6 or 7 bedrooms and the only "bathroom" in all of Newcastle, the Gardens which as they sound are Gardens again no bedrooms, the Crypt which of course has no bedrooms, the Port again no bedrooms.. and my Theatre.

I moved from focusing on "me" to the community I suppose so most of my homes are for the town of Newcastle and they are community buildings designed around a "town" theme. I suppose I'd build a bank and such if I thought I could run one but that wouldn't really work.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my RP characters did, back when RP on Europa wasn't dead. All my homes were designed to be actual homes. Bedrooms with beds for however many chars lived there along with a guest bedroom, kitchens, gardens, sitting rooms, work rooms, stables etc.

These days, I only have one bedroom on the third floor of my large tower, but only because I never go up that far but didn't want to leave it empty. Second floor is an armoury for the same reason. Everything I need is on the ground floor, or the roof, so I designed something to fill the second floor. None in my custom home though sadly.

Last edited:

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that it is not uncommon for people to have more then one account, is this for housing? storage? or running out of slots?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that it is not uncommon for people to have more then one account, is this for housing? storage? or running out of slots?
All of the above.

1) Remember in the early days there were no such things as soulstones to swap skills around or store them as you needed to change templates. There were also no scrolls of alacrity, transcendance, or advanced/mythic character tokens. In short, if you played fairly (no scripting or macroing), it took a long time to build up a skill. So when they nerfed a skill or you wanted to try something different, you would start a new character. That was one of my reasons anyway.
2) Storage...heck yes. The more you play the more you acquire. I recently reactivated an account just so I could have a home to sort all the crap from my other homes and store all the anniversary and xmas gifts. I'm hoping to deactivate it soon.
3) Decorating. When I get a good idea for a house design and I don't want to destroy one of my old homes...what choice do I have but to use another account? It took me a lot of gold to acquire all the little homes in what was to become our guild village, and as guild mates came and went I needed characters to hold the homes to ensure that other non-guild players didn't move into our area and ugly-up our beautiful village. Thankfully nobody wants 8x8 plots anymore so I was able to get rid of some of my house holding accounts and still remain nicely secluded in the guild vilage.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually 1 medium sized bedroom for the owner, and 1-2 guest rooms with a simple bed and a shelf or chest. Old house even had table and chair for the guestrooms.

Second house will have a guardroom with some bunkbeds.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... Thankfully nobody wants 8x8 plots anymore so I was able to get rid of some of my house holding accounts and still remain nicely secluded in the guild vilage.
Where (shard/coords) is your village? I'd love to pop over and see it...;)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a village anymore.....now it's just my house which I'm happy to say I'm finally getting close to completing. At one time it was a group of 14 various sized houses. Now it's just two 18x18s located fairly far apart.