• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What's up with this customization bug?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else having issues with the teleporters and doors being left behind when you enter customization mode?

For the most part they're just an annoying visual bug...or so I thought. Had a heck of a time getting rid of some teleporter pads hanging in mid air. Finally had to place stairs under them just so I could delete the floor tiles they were sitting on top of so I could commit the design.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
last post on the Herald says that house customization is fixed... sorry it's not fixed for you (tho I strongly suspect you are not alone)

just read another nasty little bug... people are chopping arcane bookshelves which do not right now give back a deed but pop a closed barrel in your pack.... and you can dye the barrel and sell it as a rare... nifty, huh? :rolleyes:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just read another nasty little bug... people are chopping arcane bookshelves which do not right now give back a deed but pop a closed barrel in your pack.... and you can dye the barrel and sell it as a rare... nifty, huh? :rolleyes:
Yeah, the garden sheds also create a barrel in your backpack that you can't open, I thought this was by design to ensure that add-on containers didn't lose their contents, though I didn't think of dying them.

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The issue with customization is house teleporters and doors are becoming "stuck" ie if you have them in your completed, committed house design, you can see them in customization no matter what you do. A way around this is to clear your design and commit that (save your current design you're working on; I promise the doors and teles won't be saved with it). Then when you go into custo mode again there are no teles or doors in your committed design to become 'stuck' in custo mode.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A way around this is to clear your design and commit that (save your current design you're working on).
I'm just way too paranoid to clear my design and commit it, hate the idea of forgetting to do a backup. Currenty, I just click the erase button on the "stuck" doors and "teleporters" , they don't look like they disappear but when I commit the design they do in fact go away. Off topic a bit, I really wish they'd let us store more than one backup of a design..you can't really gauge a design until you walk around in it...oh well.

Last edited: