• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Duplicated Rares

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will list what I now have "2" of.. some 1/1 and 1/2 items when i get access to UO.

Lists will need to be updated

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll admit my mind is pretty boggled, the only good thing I've found so far is I still haven't found a time to meet up with Lineman to pay him for the boots I won in the auction, at least I don't have to do it twice. As for the dupe thing, keep us updated.

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is this thread the most important? I lost everything! Who cares what rares were Duplicated, I don't have these duplicated items so I could care less!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well feel free to vent here then, point is we don't need a bunch of threads to do it in. As for who cares what rares were duplicated? I think you'll find there are plenty that care.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have read, do not worry, anyone who trasnferred during the Dec5-now time frame lost that character too.. NO DUPLICATED items or characters

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS. we are all now in the same boat for loses exploit, I think everyone should just walk away from the game for a few days and come back when the dust has cleared.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, thats some good news. Now back to the venting. I don't actually keep records on what I do in game so I have no idea where I stand at the moment.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Does my homeowners insurance policy cover this? I am going to have to check for an insures virtual item clause!

LOL I know its a bummer but lets wait and get the rest of the details and possible actions that will go along with this one before we get to wound up.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres a post in the uhall section that explains how you can track what you have "transferred" to and from ATL. but as for on shard ATL deals.. well.. thats only going to be as good as ones memory serves.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Just an update so. I did a transfer after the 5th to Atlantic. I checked the account and the items are not in my castle. I found the character that transfered and they are all sitting there as if he just arrived to the shard.

Mr. Plod

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
By far the worth disaster in uo history. Hopefully we can rebuilt and move past this. I for one am devastated, as I'm sure many others are, but I will not quit uo or atl..this is literally my worst nightmare

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost about a bill in gold. I can accept that though and just feel bad for the people who lost items.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
So the Mayans were off a few days in their predictions no biggie :)

I don't think I lost anything but gold so that's fine I agree with Lineman.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanna know before anything else if they are going to revert the other shards, if thats the case i wont bother doing anything until they do.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, they must of been stoned or something when they came out with the idea to roll back just Atlantic.

ROLL THEM ALL BACK!!! - At least then its would be fair for EVERYONE right?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it would just be unfair to more people. People who have nothing to do with Atlantic. The 30 days gametime is a joke though and they should bend over backwards to make things right. How dark a world would we live in if the victims of every tragedy called out for the same tragedy to befall the rest of humanity just to be 'fair'?

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll admit my mind is pretty boggled, the only good thing I've found so far is I still haven't found a time to meet up with Lineman to pay him for the boots I won in the auction, at least I don't have to do it twice. As for the dupe thing, keep us updated.
Good thing, looks like tha will be the only gold I get from that auction

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
We are all professionals. Well most of us here ;)

Whether we lost items or lost gold. Gained items and gold. Have to redo trades etc.

The bottom line is we could all shop around do some events buy and sell items to recover the gold value of everything in pretty short order if we wanted to.

That being said. I know its a pain in the butt and a 30 day game code is not compensation, Agree to say NEXT........wait for it :next:

Let's all get back to work and be the stable force for trade. We are only the what 5 - 10 percent of people maybe who lost something in the game that won't be compensated by a 30 day game code.

For all the rest its just a minor annoying event and a great deal.

Let's clear the way on the rest of all the threads we posted on for progress and stability to be established.

*casts spells for more Fire Protection* :eyes:

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:flame:
We are all professionals. Well most of us here ;)

Whether we lost items or lost gold. Gained items and gold. Have to redo trades etc.

The bottom line is we could all shop around do some events buy and sell items to recover the gold value of everything in pretty short order if we wanted to.

That being said. I know its a pain in the butt and a 30 day game code is not compensation, Agree to say NEXT........wait for it :next:

Let's all get back to work and be the stable force for trade. We are only the what 5 - 10 percent of people maybe who lost something in the game that won't be compensated by a 30 day game code.

For all the rest its just a minor annoying event and a great deal.

Let's clear the way on the rest of all the threads we posted on for progress and stability to be established.

*casts spells for more Fire Protection* :eyes:
*Tries to set fire to Nabin, but his spell seems to resist the flames* :confused:

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note, I'd like to recognize Manticore for upholding his end of a deal and repaying me the 30m on Atlantic for an item on another shard.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Now that's the kind of stuff I want to hear about! Great post my friend

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Alexander, I still have the Mesanna Roulette item on Atl from our trade we did last week. Now for the gold being lost I can't help you b/c my vendor had 200 mil on it before we did the transaction and logged in last night and it still has the same amount. I got with Olcher last night over a deal he and I made last week as well where he paid on Atl and got the item on another shard and hopefully things will come back full circle on that for us before the revert. I am sorry for everyone's loss and hope that the dev's can find a way to right those that have been wronged.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alexander, I still have the Mesanna Roulette item on Atl from our trade we did last week. Now for the gold being lost I can't help you b/c my vendor had 200 mil on it before we did the transaction and logged in last night and it still has the same amount. I got with Olcher last night over a deal he and I made last week as well where he paid on Atl and got the item on another shard and hopefully things will come back full circle on that for us before the revert. I am sorry for everyone's loss and hope that the dev's can find a way to right those that have been wronged.
I don't know where my gold went though. :(
I can't find it, and ya you're right. You don't have it if you still have the torso, because i bought the torso from the vendor. I'm gonna have to back out from the transaction until I can figure out where my gold is, I'm only sitting on about 50mil right now. :(

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know where my gold went though. :(
I can't find it, and ya you're right. You don't have it if you still have the torso, because i bought the torso from the vendor. I'm gonna have to back out from the transaction until I can figure out where my gold is, I'm only sitting on about 50mil right now. :(
Basically every sale you've made in that time period doesn't exist. Just go back and try and make the same sales again, I know its annoying, but haha we're all used to doing that sort of thing anyway.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rest assured if the dupers have bought a 1 of 1 or 1 of 2...any unique type.........they will be duped to high fricking heaven.[end] whatever....and ...:next:

Last edited:

Avery Chessy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it also depends on the buyer

I personally give to the item on chessy gold atlantic
players on the item and I no money
not many people give answers for icq

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and why worry its pixel gold.....PIXEL CRACK.....u aint lost anything...in a time in the future when the lights are turned ofF FOR GOOD it WILL BE all deleted anyways

Last edited:

Avery Chessy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whether the persons to whom I gave the items on chessy

does not give me the atlantic gp on I will lose 2.1 billion in total

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am trying to track down a 2 asian shard players who i sold billions worth of items too Dec 8th and Dec 11th. They did not have ICQ and all communication was done via email and in game. Sakura was their home shard and they paid for most of the items on ATL (which I have now lost ) Items were given on Pacific. Hope they see this maybe *crosses fingers*

First trade (player A)
A Vicious Child Of The Living Dead
A Demonic Crisis Statue
Mesanna Mask (pacific color)

Second trade (player b)
Gold Stolen From Trinsic
Ancient Monk Kimono Looted From A Shrine
Farmer Tojo's Slime
Toy Statue Sculpted by Mugu
Cotton Candy
Mortis Danse Macabre Mask
St. Elmos Fire Ball
Bloodstone Tainted Bin
A Blossoming Oath Flower
Pole of Skulls
Red Hot Momma's Slippers

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
See now we are getting into a productive mode.

lol

I was running around all day in between clients fixing deals from the last couple of weeks. I logged in and had 4 people sitting at my house waiting for me this morning. Took a few hours but I got through 90% of them with no problems and a lot of Thank You's!

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
17 Chesapeake Dyed Mesanna Mask ( 9 for post Statics and 8 direct icq ) ( i am sell for me and me friends and I give them money on chessy) 1.7b
and 5 event item for 400m

this time I had recovered 100m over the entire

promise on the icq 2* 200m tonight
Avery, I got the Mesanna mask i bought from you now. It was on Chessy with another player who xfered before the revert, after the revert it vanished from my atl home and was still on Chessy. PM me time and place to meet you up at on Atlantic and I will pay you the gold for it. :)

Avery Chessy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Avery, I got the Mesanna mask i bought from you now. It was on Chessy with another player who xfered before the revert, after the revert it vanished from my atl home and was still on Chessy. PM me time and place to meet you up at on Atlantic and I will pay you the gold for it. :)
ho very good for Mask no decay :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By far the worth disaster in uo history. Hopefully we can rebuilt and move past this. I for one am devastated, as I'm sure many others are, but I will not quit uo or atl..this is literally my worst nightmare
Lol ...yes there gonna make movie about it....lol.....

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this going to happen again? theres been mini - reverts daily for 3 days now.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this thread scared the **** out of me until i noticed this was back in 2012 LOL. Smoot, DON"T DO THIS TO AN OLD MAN.
lol sorry manticore. i know im naturally suspicious and can be a bit paranoid when it comes to things UO. i really hope everything is fine.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OMG not funny. I almost quit uo!! I was thinking europa rares fests. All the refunds I would have to do, my main Decadence getting lost with all those rares i xfered to europa. I almost ended up in the ER holy crap!, *spanks Smoot*

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly tho id be very careful the transactions for the next few weeks. the mini-reverts on atlantic are scaring the sh** out of me. im definitely not transfering anything to atlantic until they stop.