• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feather hat display

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a collector of feather hats. I have my colored ones that were made to match my various dresses and skirts. But when I find magical ones on monsters and whatnot, I keep them.

So what ideas do you creative people have for me displaying those hats?

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a collector of feather hats. I have my colored ones that were made to match my various dresses and skirts. But when I find magical ones on monsters and whatnot, I keep them.

So what ideas do you creative people have for me displaying those hats?
http://i50.***********/34oavxs.png
Globe, Ter-Mur Style Candelabra, Tower Sculpture, Angel Statue.

Here are some inexpensive, simple ways to display your hats. I'm not a fan of the new items, but the Ter Mur Candelabra (pictured 2nd) is probably my favorite. The angel statuette (pictured 4th) coming in at a close second. Good luck.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
might want to try Kyronix's suggestion then put up a pic to show him :)
I plan to. Keep in mind that my time in Britannia is extremely limited (usually a few hours on the weekends if that) so it might be a while. Made great progress on the new house design and think it's probably what I want and got it maybe 50% decorated (that might be stretching it). But it's coming along. I loved the ideas and will probably use one of them. You guys ROCK!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how they'd sit, but possibly a disguise kit... might looks like a hat stand or you might try the new gift boxes or dye tubs with wool over them to look like the interior of the container and make a hat box. Just shooting out ideas... haven't tested them.

FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't know how they'd sit, but possibly a disguise kit... might looks like a hat stand or you might try the new gift boxes or dye tubs with wool over them to look like the interior of the container and make a hat box. Just shooting out ideas... haven't tested them.
I thought the same thing!
However, far as I understand it , those kits can not be gotten anymore , so somewhat of a "rare" now...
but dont quote me on that! :D

I was thinking about this today...
Maybe TB dyed gozas, rasied in the air, using NPC bought tourches as "legs"?
The TB color would allow the hats color to show well , and the tourches would provide lighting - 2 birds 1 stone?
I too didnt test this idea, not sure where the tourches sit on the tile, but if it worked , could build a stagered or tiered diplay case?
Maybe even a "tiered corner unit"?

Yup just spiballing here too ! :whip:

EDIT: Ewww what about the "stuffys"? Heh an army of "stuffy mongbats" all wearing feathered hats, omg! :wall:

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know that about disguise kits. Hmmm, what else...

Black Small Stone Spikes (From Liche spawn I think, but pretty common for sale)
Decorate a xmas tree with them. Hang them from Garlands.
On Pillows.
Could have some silly fun and put them on all sorts of statues and skulls. Gigantic Archdaemon Statue with a feathered hat. Teehee.
Might center nicely on that rubble dishing stump from the old Magincia Rubble quest.
Pillars in the house decorating menu
Candle of loves might look like white hat stands as well
Those tall blue bottles (Balm of strength) and tall green bottles (Captured Essence) might look like hat stands as well if the hats sit well over them.

Some of the above might be expensive, but maybe would help give variety to the display and could be used for special hats.
I apologize in advance if these ideas don't pan out. I haven't tested any of them, just brainstorming to try and help.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets face it, a fancy feathered hat would probably look good on just about anything :p

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Put it on mannequins.

I think i butchered the spelling there.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put it on mannequins.

I think i butchered the spelling there.
Actually, you spelled it just right! Upon further research, mannequins were 14th anniversary gifts from a gift ticket that was given out through Sept. 21, 2011. As luck would have it, my account was closed for a few years and reopened 7 months ago. Seeing as I have a few hats ready to display and will be adding to that, mannequins might get a bit pricey.

I'm loving these ideas. And that is why I always come here and steal your ideas! :)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have them in display cases now. I wonder if I can use disguise kits with the hats in the display cases. That would look cool.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What shard are you on? I may have some 14th anni tokens for you.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Atlantic. Yes I will post pictures of the space hopefully tomorrow.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Tired and blurry eyes. I was reading the line with Luna in it over the green cursive hehe.

In that case, I have 12 tickets if you want them Rhiannon

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tired and blurry eyes. I was reading the line with Luna in it over the green cursive hehe.

In that case, I have 12 tickets if you want them Rhiannon
TWELVE? For me? And you don't know me (unless you have a different name that I don't know)?
I have been told I should change the font on my signature but I like it too much. :)
This is the space I'm working with. I have quite a few display cases going both directions. I'm thinking of using the disquise kit under the hat on the display case.

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
TWELVE? For me? And you don't know me (unless you have a different name that I don't know)?
I have been told I should change the font on my signature but I like it too much. :)
I don't know you, but pretty much anything that hasn't been cross-shard trded (minus this years gifts) are worthless on Atlantic and I'd rather see them put to good use than not. :) You are more than welcome to them.

Freebird: No worries. I honestly hadn't actually seen the middle line for some reason (I blame it on being tired)

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know you, but pretty much anything that hasn't been cross-shard trded (minus this years gifts) are worthless on Atlantic and I'd rather see them put to good use than not. :) You are more than welcome to them.

Freebird: No worries. I honestly hadn't actually seen the middle line for some reason (I blame it on being tired)
Kayhynn: Your generosity would be grately appreciated. I closed my account for a while and my house and all it's precious contents went away. Looking back, I realized what a mistake that was. I had no intension of ever coming back. But 7 months ago, I got curious about what they were going to do for the 15th anniversary. I figured my old account was gone. Well it wasn't. House was gone, but I had a couple of beloved items in the bank, about 5mil and Rhiannon and her 4 sisters. Due to the generosity of a friend who loaned me 40 mil, I got a house just east of Luna. And that same friend also gave me a vendor in her Luna mall and within a week or two, I had paid back the 40 mil (sold a unwanted few rares and other stuff). So all the anniversary gifts I had collected over the years are gone. I've been slowly buying them again but they are so expensive when you can find them. Your generious gift would let me replace many of them.

I am typically venturing Britannia on the weekends during the days pacific time. My ICQ # is 8282955. Let me know what user name I should be looking a friendship request from. And if there's anything I can do in return for this generous gift, please let me know.

Freebird: See above note on my hours and contact info. I'd be happy to show you what I've done so far. The room in question is Rhiannon's floor (she insists on having her own floor being the oldest sister). Part of it is a bedroom. The other unfinished area is her mage/scribe work area. I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the room but then displaying her feathered hats seemed like a good use for it. It's the only actual "collection" of specific items she has. I'm thinking of dying them rare colors.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Rhiannon - Did you get plenty of Harpsichords, etc. from this years rewards? I have a White Harpsichord if you want it... In fact, you can have any of my chars Harpsichords and scrolls if you like... I don't play Atlantic, but I do have 6 chars there...

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Rhiannon - Did you get plenty of Harpsichords, etc. from this years rewards? I have a White Harpsichord if you want it... In fact, you can have any of my chars Harpsichords and scrolls if you like... I don't play Atlantic, but I do have 6 chars there...
Thanks for the offer Startle. I did get the anniversary gifts and placed a lovely slate blue one in my house.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, good... I'll look around and see what else I might have...
;)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, good... I'll look around and see what else I might have...
;)
I've started a ridiculous "wish list" that I've been slowly working on by buying things or getting gifts from "my fairy godmothers" (i.e. good friends) who keep dumping things in my mailbox. I've made a huge list of heritage items that will be purchased with all the heritage tokens that Kayhynn is so generously offering. It's a work in progress but it gives me a goal. :)