• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] The Anniversary Party is Closing In

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone here is very excited to get the party started. Official beginning on Saturday is 10:30am EDT. When you arrive at 4035 Ridge Top Road please come to the 2nd floor (just follow the smell of fresh brewed coffee, we will also have tea for those that do not drink coffee)
Ultima Online’s 15th Anniversary Party Itinerary
10:00 am - 11:00 am - Greet players and have coffee and donuts
11:00 am - 12:00 pm – Welcome Speeches
12:00pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch and cake
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm – Special guest – question and answer period
2:20 pm - 4:00 pm – Dev Q&A –Open discussion about what direction the team is going and where the players would like us to go.
4:00pm - 5:30 pm – Give always and opening EA store (credit cards only please)
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm – Happy hour at Marlin and Rays
For those that cannot be with us: We will stream the afternoon on UStream in the BioHerald channel, starting at 1:30pm EDT. Please join us if you have a few moments.
On a different note, we are putting out a publish and patch today to fix the loyalty decay. Below is a breakdown of exactly how it was addressed:
  • The buffer will be increased to 40 hours from 36, and will use a different method to track the daily rollover for decay. Before doing point decay for loyalty and virtues, the system will check to see if the player has logged in or logged out in the last 40 hours of real time.
  • If the "moons align" to prevent decay, the decay timers will be correctly updated. This will prevent a "catch-up" of missed decay.
  • For City Loyalty, the decay prevention will now only work for the city's Love. Notoriety and Hatred values from cities will always decay. The decay prevention will instead only prevent cities' Love for you from decaying.
We are also publishing out the Halloween surprises it will run from October 1st to November 12th, so make sure you visit the pumpkin patches and the graveyards for a ghoulish experience.
For those driving please have a safe drive and we all look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!!

Continue reading...

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Awesome..Its going to be a good time. And how about a prize for the person with the shortest drive to get there ? :)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10:30?

Ugh.. Driving from Delaware to get there by then is gonna be hell. Not looking forward to participating in both rush hours around D.C., but i'm still coming.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ugh.. Driving from Delaware to get there by then is gonna be hell. Not looking forward to participating in both rush hours around D.C., but i'm still coming.
I can sneak you in my hotel room the night before :p

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA store? unless there offering new item codes whats the point?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wish deeply that I could be there. If anyone's still in the area Monday evening, let's do dinner.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only hope they have some Ultima Online specific swag, like shirts, mugs, ect...

I would love to be able to buy some Ultima Online stuff.

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there are tee-shirts I want one! I just wore out the T-shirt I received from the first UO Town Hall in Chicago. I'd like to order some if possible.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Shouldn't be any nasty rush hour on a Saturday morning, could be wrong.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In DC, you want to drive early on Saturday. 10:30 EDT should be good. It will get nasty in the afternoon so expect some congestion after the event is over. Better yet, enjoy the Happy Hour and drive home late.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"We are also publishing out the Halloween surprises it will run from October 1st to November 12th, so make sure you visit the pumpkin patches and the graveyards for a ghoulish experience"

Trick or Treat!

:D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm so JEALOUS! I WANNA BE THERE!!! QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Take LOTS of pictures people...LOTS! And save me some of Queen Mum's cookies! Have a blast, be safe...love you ALL! Happy Anniversary UO make it a memorable one!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm arriving at Springhill Suites Hotel on Friday around Noon - 1pm. Anyone want to meet up for some lunch, perhaps potential shopping or site seeing? Please message me, I'll probably be bored, and going crazy with anticipation of Saturday.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God i really cannot wait!!! Getting SOOO Close!

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm arriving at Springhill Suites Hotel on Friday around Noon - 1pm. Anyone want to meet up for some lunch, perhaps potential shopping or site seeing? Please message me, I'll probably be bored, and going crazy with anticipation of Saturday.
I wont be at the hotel till late afternoon.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone please... please drive safe after drinking. I hope everyone going, whether foe or friend in game or on the boards, will watch each other to make sure no one drives while intoxicated.

I would really hate to see such a wonderful celebration be marked with tragedy and mourning for the rest of us and your families.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah.. Was planning to be there, but now I can't..

I wonder if it would be possible to stream or have someone record the welcome speeches.. I'd like to see those as well.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those that cannot be with us: We will stream the afternoon on UStream in the BioHerald channel, starting at 1:30pm EDT. Please join us if you have a few moments.
I saw that.. But they start streaming at 1:30 and the welcome speeches start at 11:00 AM.

C

Chrissay

I know long time no posting Chrissay :gun: I'll see you all on Saturday but if anyone is up for a happy hour on Friday (tomorrow) I can track down a good place for drinks :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I remember you.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stoped to eat at cracker barrel. Just a little over 3 hours to drive

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone have the full video from the party's question and answer segment, and the crowning of Blackthorn Starr Long? All I can find is this on youtube.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The full video was never released.

Is there an archived video of the 15th Ani party?

Edited to add: The video you found (originally done by Sean Silverfoot) has two noticeable sound omissions. My guess is that Mesanna asked Stratics not to release the video because something was discussed that she did not want to have made public knowledge at that point. Maybe Kelmo knows more about why the full video done by Stratics staffers was not released.

These are the transcripts I did for the two videos from the party that I was able to track down:

15th Anniversary Party Introductions (6 minutes)
Sean/Silverfoot UO 15th Presentation of What's Coming

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* Those were good times for me. Thanks for the link to that thread. Good memories.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was looking for the Q&A portion when we asked questions, because I wanted to see if my question about a new volunteer program was on it. Her response at the time was something to the fact that it will never ever happen. What do you know, a few short years later we have advisors. I of course take all the credit. :lick:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
See the title of the thread...

Get excited.. oh boy some of the 20th Anniv party stuff is becoming public... look inside

See:
Ultima Online’s 15th Anniversary Party Itinerary
Laugh and say to yourself "15th? LOL.. talk about a typo...

then notice 2012 date :sad4: