• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mythic Char Token Question

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi got a token, wanted to pick Spell weaving as one of the options, but its greyed out, the chars has done the quest but i still cant pick it, any ideas?

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi got a token, wanted to pick Spell weaving as one of the options, but its greyed out, the chars has done the quest but i still cant pick it, any ideas?
I saw the same thing, and wondered if it was because the desired skill for choice was not zero to start?
(I had also completed the Spellweaving Quest, but the choice was unavailable and greyed out when using the token)

One of the times I had used a Mythic token I think I had two skills that were greyed out - and both were above 0.
(I don't have my notes with me at the moment to reference what that other skill was that was greyed out, but I am fairly certain that it was also above zero when I used the token and i could not choose it as it was greyed out).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When I used the token for my bard, two skills were grayed out as well. Spellweaving was one of them, and from what I recall, meditation was the other one, as it was over 50 when I used the token.

I too would like to know if spellweaving is really not available through the token, as I am planning to get two more, and one would be mostly to get SW in order to help with focus.

T

Tazar

When you start a new character and select "advanced" rather than a standard template - Spellweaving is not an option. It is also not an option on the Advanced Character Token. This may have carried over to the Mythic Tokens as well.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id assume this is because when the elves came into the game you had to train SW from 0 skill.
there was no way to buy the skill in game.
so its probably a left over from that.

and i had a second skill that was greyed out for me as well, trying to remember what it was..... stealthing?
and im assuming that was greyed out because it requires another skill before that one can be used?

granted, so do all barding skills.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I used another mythic token yesterday.
SW was greyed out again, and the other skill that was greyed was throwing, since my character was human, which makes tons of sense.
I believe that gargoyles would have archery greyed out for them.

Still, I wonder why we can't pick spellweaving from the token. :(

Last edited:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure it's because you have to finish a quest chain to unlock spellweaving on a new character. Try doing the quest, getting a couple points in it, then try the token.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be awesome if a dev could indicate what can/cannot be chosen as limitations to the Mythic Token:

In answer to the original post - Can one choose Spellweaving at all? - even after completing the quest?
(as some of us have indicated we had)

Can one choose Throwing, if not a Gargoyle?

How high can a skill can be before it is unable to be selected and "overwritten"?

Here are some screenshots from a video i took when i had used a token (on Siege on Sep-06) ~

In this one, you can see that Spellweaving and Throwing are unavailable for selection.
Also Peacemaking is unavailable for selection, as it is already at 95.1, but Provocation was available and is at 57.8

Here is what I saw on the second page

Here is how the chosen skill choices appeared, also now unavailable for selection, as they were selected.

This was what appeared just before final acceptance.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet this is old news, but seeing this is the top thread google finds when I was searching for an answer for stuff SW/Mythic token related, I thought I'd pitch in.

You CAN acquire SW via Mythic token - you just need to complete the quest first. SW was greyed out for the char I initially wanted to give it. Switched to a more established character, completed SW quest, gained 2.0 or so skillpoints in SW for a good measure. Soulstoned his template away and clicked Mythic token. I see this: