• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Deco Ideas: Rivers, Waterfalls & Waterworks - Part Two

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Rivers, Waterfalls, & Waterworks
Part Two

This will be the final edition of our spring water designs.
I thank you all for all your great input, as well as all the messages I've received by people who've enjoyed these posts.

Darkfemist

Zang

Solemnia

Rags

Botulism

MahsMage
This house will take part in a future New Magnicia Homes pictorial

And finally, your moderator Vlad's multi home river.

I also wanted to add in a few screen shots I've taken since the fountains post.

Jaclyn

Tommy Girl

Coming Soon:

New Magnicia Homes
Do you own one of the homes on New Magnicia and want to show it off?
PM or Email me at [email protected] with your Shard, Coords, Facet, and House Name.

Town Spotlight
UWF Township on Atlantic
If you want your town to be one of the next spotlighted send me the information on it!
(I'm not currently making appointments, So your town must be mostly public.)

NPC town designs that you can create.
I'll be taking screenshots of various designs in the cities across all facets
and showing you how you can recreate them in your own home.

N

nightsparrow

I have really enjoyed all of the info you have posted. Have even included a swamp and two ponds (created with carpet tiles) in my house. Thank you for all of your wonderful pics. I will continue to follow you! (I am now hooked on home deco).
Nightsparrow
LS Shard
Malas

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you nightsparrow!
If you ever have any requests let me know.
I'm always trying to expand on what I post.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had never seen this thread before so I'm glad I searched for "how to waterfall". Beautiful ideas and I hope more get posted.

My question is for anyone who has actually made the waterfalls WORK so I can commit my new house design. I've been committing every stage of the way and the waterfalls have hung me up. I might have it figured out before anyone responds but I'll try to let you know if so.

I'm trying to do a very simple waterfall from my rooftop guarden, down the side of my house to ground level, and then have water there with a bridge going over it into my entry way. Bridge works fine.

I'm using the EC. If I look very closely, I can see that the waterfall tiles from the top down are orange. I must not be lining them up properly. How do I do this?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
been a while since I did any waterfalls, but I seem to remember the same problem, and putting a floor (I know, it's silly) under them fixed it... don't think you can have them just floating with another similar tile underneath, the system doesn't recognize them as wall tiles

but like I said, been a while, I could be wrong.... very often I am ;)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
been a while since I did any waterfalls, but I seem to remember the same problem, and putting a floor (I know, it's silly) under them fixed it... don't think you can have them just floating with another similar tile underneath, the system doesn't recognize them as wall tiles

but like I said, been a while, I could be wrong.... very often I am ;)
Can the "floor" only be on the bottom floor? Otherside it will look pretty goofy to have floating floor tiles down the side of my house. I thought I had seen a picture somewhere of a waterfall that cascaded down the side of a house. Maybe that's not possible.