• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ancient Tome of Rituals Moongate Research translated..

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...or whatever you want to call it. I missed the event last night but I did find these lovely books on top of Britain Bank.

Here are the solutions/translations: (I think in the first one the scribe may have made a slight boo-boo)

Ancient Book of Rituals (tome one):

Mae ddaw un a fydd yn llyddo. Doethrineb a Rhinweddau yn allweddol.

A Ddaw one that will succeed. Wisdom and Attributes are key. (the ddaw.....hm....?)

Ancient Book of Rituals (Tome 2):

Bydd y geiriau yn cael ei sairad mwen amser a bydd yr holl ei iachau.

The words being spoken in time and all his healing.

Ancient Book of Rituals (Tome 3): Bydd yr ynni a ryddheir yn rhoi pwer i yr un. Bydd yn cael ei ddwed bydd un cael ei wneud

The energy released empowers each. It will be said, will be done.

Do I get to be an Honorary Scribe or something? What do I win? *grins* Not sure what it means, means - but maybe it'll make sense to those who were present. Hope it helps!

ps - If I copied the ancient tome stuff wrong, forgive me it's after 5 am and I really should be in bed.....

Last edited:

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is Welsh, an ancient language from terrestrial Earth, a variant of which was also spoken by the great abyssal cultists of Grimswind before they all died, leaving only unicorn-infested ruins.

I may actually be talking out of my arse. If I'm wrong, please correct me. The Grimswinders did speak Welsh, though.

Last edited:

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, it is Welsh. (Only a few languages have consonant placement [look like] that).

So, question is- does it help or not? :)

A Zombie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yep, it is Welsh. (Only a few languages have consonant placement [look like] that).

So, question is- does it help or not? :)
Dunno about any of that, but try speaking zombish. Only like 4 words that I know of. *moans* (total gibberish) *brains* (which there is a major shortage of) *Tias* (holy @#$% I'm gonna die again) and one other thing I can't translate in a family friendly environment

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am altogether too excited about the possibility of a linguistic link between the Grimswinders and the ancient Ilshenari, but I am aware that nobody cares so I will refrain from ranting about it.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware that there was ever any reason to not have rants on Stratics.