• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mob difficulty scale?

H

HCarp0927

I've found that mobs will have either one large dot, or three smaller dots in a pyramid formation, beside their nameplate. I've seen this dot/tri-dot pyramid, in several different colors. It appears that this is a method of determining the mob's difficulty in relation to you.

Has anyone posted a scale that shows which symbol/color combination means what difficulty level in relation to your own strength?

H

HCarp0927

I've found this much out so far.

One large dot beside the nameplate means the mob is a solo pull. Adds only aggro if they get wander close enough

Three smaller dots in a pyramid formation means the mob is part of a linked group. Pull that mob and all others linked to it aggro automatically.

The color scale for the dot(s) I've learned so far is probably not complete, but includes:

green= a lot weaker than you
blue= a little weaker than you
white= just about equal
yellow=a little stronger than you
red= much stronger than you
skull instead of dots= just DON"T pull it. At least, not if you're alone.
crown or flag= must kill this mob for a quest/mission

Probably a couple more I still haven't found out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sorry I've been in a hurricane! I haven't forgotten about you!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've found this much out so far.

One large dot beside the nameplate means the mob is a solo pull. Adds only aggro if they get wander close enough

Three smaller dots in a pyramid formation means the mob is part of a linked group. Pull that mob and all others linked to it aggro automatically.

The color scale for the dot(s) I've learned so far is probably not complete, but includes:

green= a lot weaker than you
blue= a little weaker than you
white= just about equal
yellow=a little stronger than you
red= much stronger than you
skull instead of dots= just DON"T pull it. At least, not if you're alone.
crown or flag= must kill this mob for a quest/mission

Probably a couple more I still haven't found out.
This is fantastic information! Thank you for this.