• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Regarding the Latest Investigation

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Investigator Thorpe is having trouble reading some of the reports filed for the recent investigation. This sometimes happen when it is copied into a book from strange sources (cut and pasted from a word processor).

If you wrote your report in such a manner please send a copy to EM Barnaby along with your character's name that would have been used in the submitted book.

Thank you.

([email protected])

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should have these done by Wednesday. I haven't received any emailed reports so if yours (speaking to anyone, not just Baudwin) is one of the problem ones, I'll list it here.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw since we can not post in here, Barnaby, how would we submit our UO memory stories to you for the contest released on UO herald?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see you updated the points on the EM site, Thank You. Is there any possible way if you have the time to post what the break down was here ? I would really like to know what I missed if anything. Thank you.

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I see you updated the points on the EM site, Thank You. Is there any possible way if you have the time to post what the break down was here ? I would really like to know what I missed if anything. Thank you.
I just looked and the points seem the same to me. I turned in a book just like always. (I've never had a problem with my book)
But my points have not changed....

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just looked and the points seem the same to me. I turned in a book just like always. (I've never had a problem with my book)
But my points have not changed....
Sorry about that. I thought they increased a little. Looking at one of my characters on the list, I see his points didn't move either. So your right :) Sorry.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...I definitely updated it a couple days ago. I will look through it after tonight's event.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked it out, and everyone's points should be updated UNLESS you are one of the following:

Dayton - Your report was either blank, or had just a few words on the top line of each page. I've noticed this happens usually when someone cuts and pastes from an outside source. Either way, there wasn't enough to really score. Do you have a copy you can send me?

ANAN - Similar to Daytons, but yours is only on a few of the pages. I can score it based on what is there, or wait for more.

I realize I graded this one a little differently than Adris typically did, so I will post something to clarify what I will be looking for. In the meantime, cookies for Jobriath Cairn who was the only person to get max points.

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I checked it out, and everyone's points should be updated UNLESS you are one of the following:

Dayton - Your report was either blank, or had just a few words on the top line of each page. I've noticed this happens usually when someone cuts and pastes from an outside source. Either way, there wasn't enough to really score. Do you have a copy you can send me?

ANAN - Similar to Daytons, but yours is only on a few of the pages. I can score it based on what is there, or wait for more.

I realize I graded this one a little differently than Adris typically did, so I will post something to clarify what I will be looking for. In the meantime, cookies for Jobriath Cairn who was the only person to get max points.
I've never copy/pasted any of my books. I normaly made a copy. but I didn't do it this last time. I even opened the book back up to check it. It looked fine. So, I don't quite understand why it would look differant for you. I did use the enhanced client, that might make a differance if you used the classic, not sure there.

I'll double check to see if I made a copy when I'm able to log in game.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference in client might be it. I will take a look using the EC. Thanks.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, Dayton, no luck yet, but I did just think of one more thing I could try...

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realize I graded this one a little differently than Adris typically did, so I will post something to clarify what I will be looking for. In the meantime, cookies for Jobriath Cairn who was the only person to get max points. from Barnaby
Are you going to post what the points were my friend ? Would love to know what I missed. Thank you.