• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with UOassist

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist doesn't work. There's someone that has my same problem? And how can resolve it?
Thanks

Juztme

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I had the same problem loading...but I just let it continue and when the game finally loaded Assist was working even though the Assist splash screen said something about firewalls etc before the game loaded.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the same problem loading...but I just let it continue and when the game finally loaded Assist was working even though the Assist splash screen said something about firewalls etc before the game loaded.
Mine too

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
add me to the list....

Doesn't this happen every so often until someone emails Tugsoft?

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me no. I can't login to the server of Uoassist and then in game it is disabled :(

Last edited:

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same, mine wouldn't even open today after the update errors. Now I get this message:

Failure 7 updating. UOassist will be disabled until the next successful update.

When I click continue, I get this message:

Unable to launch Client.exe (UO). Make sure it is installed and can run properly.

Then I click okay, and zip, nothing opens.

edit: I just sent Tugsoft an email.

Last edited:

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem right now (Failure 7 updating) - but UOAsisst is working fine in game... :bored:

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add me to this list.

For 4 years straight, even with the other hiccups and issues UOA has had I've always been able to get it to load. This time I receive the same error message but instead of continuing on through the error and running UO & UOA, only UO login screen appears. Thought I should add my input in hopes of finding a solution. I have tried:

1. Running UOAssist executable as Administrator
2. Changing the "Run in compatibility mode" (winxp service pack 3, win 7, etc.) for the UOA exe file
3. Uninstalling, Deleting and Re-Installing UOA (3x's)
4. Changing the Update method in the UOA settings tab located on error message screen.
5. Replacing my copies of UOAssist.exe & UOAssist.dll with current copies located Tugsoft site here. (UOA loaded once after this but never again)

Anybody have any ideas? Hopefully this will be remedied by a quick UOA patch.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist will announce a failure to update 10 or 15 times, warning that after so many failures that it will stop working.

Once Tugsoft gets the update working again, Click the settings button it offers during the startup process and change the 'check for updates every time' to 'check for updates once a day'. This lets you still use UOA for over a week if something on the Tugsoft end delays a fix.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah my 10 to 15 times came because more than half the times I load uoassist, it never opens uoassist, just the client.

I always have it set to check for updates just once a day.

Last edited:

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist will announce a failure to update 10 or 15 times, warning that after so many failures that it will stop working.

Once Tugsoft gets the update working again, Click the settings button it offers during the startup process and change the 'check for updates every time' to 'check for updates once a day'. This lets you still use UOA for over a week if something on the Tugsoft end delays a fix.
Thanks for that tip! I always get nervous when Assist starts threatening to stop working. Having said that they've usually got the problem patched by the time it would have been an issue (for me at least).

Cheers,

Lucy

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody have a way to manually re-set the times you've failed to update? This is really irritating. Some people can't play UO because UOAssist won't load.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. I just got this email:

Subject: Delivery status notification

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients is still underway after 7.1 hour(s):

* [email protected]

Will keep trying and contact you if the message can't be delivered permanently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess I'll stop holding my breath today. :yell:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anybody have a way to manually re-set the times you've failed to update? This is really irritating. Some people can't play UO because UOAssist won't load.
the last time I posted the way to reset the number of tries, the post got deleted because the mods on the uhall said "posting ways to bypass software protection was prohibited" - (but there is a very easy way ... hehe)

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the last time I posted the way to reset the number of tries, the post got deleted because the mods on the uhall said "posting ways to bypass software protection was prohibited" - (but there is a very easy way ... hehe)
Maybe the mods will restrain themselves if EA panics over account closings because CC/UOA users find their choices are the plain CC, or the... <gag>.. EC.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same problem here too....on my laptop. But on my desktop it works perfectly.

The problem is the reg file hkey_current_user/software/Tugsoft/UOAssist
Client Config.
It should be:
"ClientConfig"=hex:d2,e2,ee,69,47,91,c0,51,33,0f,68,8f,a1,8d,5b,7a

Export the UOAssist reg key to a file - edit the reg file and put in the key i put up instead of what you got. Save it - and run the reg file. It should then put in the correct client config and uoassist will work again. Seems it is reading the client version before it starts working, and as long its not confirmed by update server, it wont work.

I just did it on my laptop, and now it works again - but i cant connect to update server yet.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same problem here too....on my laptop. But on my desktop it works perfectly.

The problem is the reg file hkey_current_user/software/Tugsoft/UOAssist
Client Config.
It should be:

Export the UOAssist reg key to a file - edit the reg file and put in the key i put up instead of what you got. Save it - and run the reg file. It should then put in the correct client config and uoassist will work again. Seems it is reading the client version before it starts working, and as long its not confirmed by update server, it wont work.

I just did it on my laptop, and now it works again - but i cant connect to update server yet.
More detailed steps are required. Yes my computer is on, now what.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More detailed steps are required. Yes my computer is on, now what.
Go to start - run, type Regedit.

Find Hkey_current_user/software/tugsoft/uoassist
right click uo assist folder - export to file.
Save it on your computer, as uoassist.reg or something u name.
Right click the file, choose edit. Find the line where it says Client config.

Replace the line with this;
click save.
Exit editor.
Double click the *.reg file you just edited.

Start uo assist - and it works again!!!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Export the UOAssist reg key to a file - edit the reg file and put in the key i put up instead of what you got. Save it - and run the reg file.
I've rarely messed with the registry, you can trash your install doing that. Please give a clueless-proof set of directions. :bowdown::bowdown: :)

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't work for me. There was no clientconfig line to change. I simply pasted it in, saved, double clicked. Tried assist, still doesn't work :( Should the reg file look like this? thanks

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist]
"UOAThreadPriority"=dword:00000001
"ERegVersion"=dword:00000004
"LoadMethod"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist\RegInfo]
"RegParam"=dword:a80eb62e

It is not in the 'Reginfo' - it is located under UOAssist. (reginfo just contains the licences you got).

The clientconfig contains the hex id of the current client.exe. It will not work before uoassist is updated in the regestry with the correct client hex id. I just provided the way to do it, without messing too much. When you export and imort the reg info, that you edited - it will swap the clientconfig numbers - and thats all it changes.

It works for me, did it just on other desktop as well. All it does is change the client id for the new patched client so that UOAssist recognize the correct client info.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope he's not made that classic mistake of hosting his own email server on the machine that also handles his program, then having that mail forwarded to/read via another service.

I've seen several people over the last decade not realize the mailing lists they ran were down, because they had hotmail or some other service catching mail forwarded from their host machine (for convenience), and of course with the host machine down, there was nothing there to forward the "hey, the listserv is down!" messages that were, of course, bouncing. Even having a client failing to connect directly to a mailserv isn't as obvious as it used to be.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to trick the updater into thinking it's trying for the first time? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still remembers that it has failed a few times and won't load.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not in the 'Reginfo' - it is located under UOAssist. (reginfo just contains the licences you got).

The clientconfig contains the hex id of the current client.exe. It will not work before uoassist is updated in the regestry with the correct client hex id. I just provided the way to do it, without messing too much. When you export and imort the reg info, that you edited - it will swap the clientconfig numbers - and thats all it changes.

It works for me, did it just on other desktop as well. All it does is change the client id for the new patched client so that UOAssist recognize the correct client info.
Could you let us see what your
looks like :+)

Here is mine
"LoadMethod"=dword:00000001
"UOADaily"=dword:39341377
"XPOS"=dword:ffff8300
"YPOS"=dword:ffff8300
"FileToLoad"=""
"LoadStandard"=dword:00000001
"CheckTest"=dword:00000000
"QuickChoice"=dword:00000001

After we mod it how do we get it back to where it belongs TY

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you let us see what your
looks like :+)

Here is mine
"LoadMethod"=dword:00000001
"UOADaily"=dword:39341377
"XPOS"=dword:ffff8300
"YPOS"=dword:ffff8300
"FileToLoad"=""

After we mod it how do we get it back to where it belongs TY
After you mod it, just double click the file - it will ask you if you really want to add the registry info. Hit yes, - all it modifies is the new clientconfig number.

The reg info will look like this;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"LoadMethod"=dword:00000000
"UpdateDay"=dword:cf42e5bd
"UpdateMonth"=dword:a9fa568b
"UpdateYear"=dword:f136a549
"ServerDay"=dword:a5c732d5
"ServerMonth"=dword:9ac192e2
"ServerYear"=dword:bfd4544b
"ClientConfig"=hex:e4,18,b6,69,51,6b,98,51,31,b3,79,8f,87,d1,aa,7a
"DisabledByServer"=dword:00000000
"UOADaily"=dword:39301376
"Language"=""
"XPOS"=dword:000003cf
"YPOS"=dword:000000c1
"SkillCol0"=dword:00000074
"SkillCol1"=dword:00000028
"SkillCol2"=dword:00000028
"SkillCol3"=dword:0000002d
"SkillCol4"=dword:0000002d
"FileToLoad"=""

Just change the;

"ClientConfig"=hex:e4,18,b6,69,51,6b,98,51,31,b3,79,8f,87,d1,aa,7a
to

- save
- double click it after and add the new regestry info.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My registry already has those numbers in it, and it's still not loading.

Jinx The Clown

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i current have 10 trys on uoa assist now but for some reason after I hit continue for where it would just load up like normal it just never pops up with uoa just normal uo as if it was still disabled any ideas?

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My registry already has those numbers in it, and it's still not loading.
Based on Kojak's work from March, and a little experimentation of my own just now, I can make it disable itself and enable itself again by tweaking a single registry key...

To reset to 10 tries, as Kojak posted before, change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TugSoft\UOAssist\RegInfo\RegParam to hexadecimal a614bc20

I've tested failing 10 times, so UOAssist is disabled, then changing the above key back to the above value, and I get 10 more tries.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on Kojak's work from March, and a little experimentation of my own just now, I can make it disable itself and enable itself again by tweaking a single registry key...

To reset to 10 tries, as Kojak posted before, change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TugSoft\UOAssist\RegInfo\RegParam to hexadecimal a614bc20

I've tested failing 10 times, so UOAssist is disabled, then changing the above key back to the above value, and I get 10 more tries.
Lol, this did reset the attempts but it still wont load uoassist. I find this so funny how we're all messing around with the registry to run a very tiny and simple program to chug potions, use mousewheel for targets, and hit macros to use smokebombs and apples. On a 15 year old game. haha.

Prana

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completely lost...i believe i've made the changes correctly but still can't get uoa still run. My client. config line was already what mandrake has suggested we change it too and I've tried S.P.A.'s advice also. Is there anyone available to walk me thru it again?

Prana

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
screwed untill it's updated!!! Owell. So when it updates will it update completely or will i have to change any lines that i've changed tonight to try and get working tonight ?

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Assist is back running like normal! Least it is for me finally ;)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks to Tugsoft for UO Assist's many years of reliable operation with, I hope, many more in the future.

In the meanwhile I used the time, with a few Assist logins remaining, to get further acquainted with the Enhanced Client and Pinco's User Interface.

-Galen's player

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

AWW, YOU WERE REFERRING TO ME. :heart:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
pm mec plz

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
i made a reg file on my desktop i can just double click and restore the number of failed attempts to zero. just wish it would make uoa work since i miss having UOCartography which apparently ties into UOA

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
those of you that it stopped working and started working again yesterday or today, can i know your geographic location and your service provider? I am in dallas and from here, I am unable to complete the trace to updater.updateace.com but if i login to a website to trace, it completes and that site is in Utah as is updateace.com servers on comcast. I am thinking it is downed routes between them and those of us that are unable to access them. I have tried on time warner and road runner